• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

France: Hostage situation at supermarket in Trèbes

TMT got there already. I'm going to predict that this will prove to be very bad - the So-Called BBC seem to have got in on the act early, which is usually not a positive sign.

1 minute ago, eight said:

TMT got there already. I'm going to predict that this will prove to be very bad - the So-Called BBC seem to have got in on the act early, which is usually not a positive sign.

Dammit. Mine has more replies... and a link! I win the internetz!

Posted (edited)

2 dead.

Two shooters that then split up, apparently -- but might just be confused reporting

Edited by dgul

OH wait, another 'lone wolf' mentally ill person who needs some (((hugz))) ... must be Friday again eh? Time for the van of peace to make an appearance ...

Posted (edited)

Carcassonne is just next to Castelnaudary where the Foreign Legion's main training base is. 

Shot jogging copper was CRS

Seems to be an area where lots of training takes place for police and military.

Sounds like one gunman got dropped at the supermarket and the other drove off shooting from the car. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

15 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

RT reporting a van has tried to run down/shoot police in Marseille  not connected apparently

TBH, that was part & parcel of living in Marseilles even 40 years ago when I went there on a school exchange.

3 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Is Carcasonne a dump?  I was going to to that area a couple of years ago, looked quite nice from the photos. Didn't look that enriched.

I think it is quite nice and a used as a training area for legion and paramilitary police units. 

It's probably proper french townlike

'VENGEANCE FOR SYRIA!' Trebes hostage horror – ‘ISIS’ gunman kills butcher, takes eight hostages and shoots cop in French supermarket

The shooter is believed to be holed up in a Super U store in Trèbes, near Carcassonne

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5882551/france-supermarket-hostage-gunman-shoots-cop/

^ posting this because all references to a butcher being butchered seem to have been dropped from reporting. 

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

'VENGEANCE FOR SYRIA!' Trebes hostage horror – ‘ISIS’ gunman kills butcher, takes eight hostages and shoots cop in French supermarket

The shooter is believed to be holed up in a Super U store in Trèbes, near Carcassonne

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5882551/france-supermarket-hostage-gunman-shoots-cop/

^ posting this because all references to a butcher being butchered seem to have been dropped from reporting. 

What did the butcher do - have a special on bacon & pork sausages? I mean, why target the butcher?

24 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

Trebes is in an area hugely popular with British second home owners, expats, and holidaymakers.

Yep.

Mainly from Bardford and Blackburn ...

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

What did the butcher do - have a special on bacon & pork sausages? I mean, why target the butcher?

Butcher, cleaver, might have tried to take out attacker. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

AFP has reported that ISIS took responsibility for the attack but the weakened terror group often does this as a propaganda tool, even when it is not associated with an incident.

We were told ISIS had been defeated.  That must only be in part of Syria.

Edited by twocents