• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Serious now - we MUST produce a dosbods manifesto for the next (not the June 2017 one) general election.

To achieve this we just need to brainstorm/croudsource/whatever it.

Hopefully this thread will be the start of something beautiful, powerful and energising. There's no reason we can't change the world.

What would you have as your policies?

Edited by Carl Fimble
formatting, attempting to de-cheesify it (and failing). Anyway go for it, lets see what we can come up with, please try to keep it serious, or at least serious-ish.

Ok, nice idea.

my suggestion would be the overriding goal of full employment.  To make this work would need a raft of policies:

1. stop business offshoring jobs by introducing punitive taxes
  2. invest in the infrastructure of the country to generate work
  3. stop private business running services, especially essential services.  Use the profit that would have gone to shareholders to create jobs
  4. stop all benifts.  You want money, you have to work.  This will massively reduce the welfare bill and reduce the cost of housing to what a wage earner can afford.  However, have in place a contribution based safety net for those genuinely out of work but make it time limited
  5. have a cap on executive pay so that they can only earn 10x that of the lowest paid they employ so that there is a fairer distribution of wealth

Citizen's Income (and scrap virtually all other forms of benefits).

Land Value Tax.

You're in the UK, speak English.

All religious groups to regularly publish full accounts, stating clearly their sources of income. Same thing for charities.

WRT health - the NHS is a great thing but we need to stop all the 'fat shaming' nonsense and cultivate a society where healthy food is easier to get than unhealthy food and the pursuit of a healty body at all ages is seen as a reasonable goal. The load off the NHS if the populace weren't so fat and unhealthy would be huge.

Yes, I'm suggesting we become the 'no fatties' party.

Shit - was meaning to get the first post in with my attempt. It's copied from one what I wrote on the IoE thread (so cheating really) :

"People knew and did nothing, that tells us a lot, about the So-Called So-Called So-Called BBC, press generally, politicians, police, secret services, the Royals, everyone.
Surely lengthy/life sentences for child sex crimes would be supported by 90+ % of the population (certainly the indiginous population). If we need to build more prisons fine, these sorts of people just need to be off the streets for good.
I really do think the Saville thing should have been the spark which started our own "draining of the swamp". Instead they purposefully delayed the child sex enquiry, they're desperately trying to kick it into the long grass. After all this, and the Rotherham (and everywhere else) cases- still nothing much happening.
I believe the sentences for child sex crimes should be greatly increased and extra funds directed at catching the perpetrators. The child sex abuse enquiry needs teeth, and it badly needs distance from government, and any other influences.
The laws could be changed now pretty much.
I want a party to appear which is pro brexit, pro British values, hard on crimes against the person, anti immigration, etc. A party which is for the truth, for doing the right thing by our people(and the world), for exposing (and punishing)the degenaracy of the past and moving us to where we should be.
Some of the stuff we have acquiesced to over the last 10, 20 (and more) years has left us in a pathetic situation. It would be embarrassing to describe to one of your ancestors, we let them lie to us, rape children, bring foreigners into our lands, steal from us, cheat and subvert, work as foreign agents, all sorts of stuff.
If nobody else is going to save us (and they aren't), we must save ourselves and each other.
The time is now for the dosbods manifesto to be started, let us crowdsource this now. From the mass of polices from the dosbod massive we shall refine a manifesto to retake the country in the next general election.
Seriously.
It wouldn't be hard to come up a manifesto which would have mass appeal, the other politicians are all so awful."

I'll try to get a more succinct version of that written up, need to get back to work though, the end of the month is looming..

It was just 1% who had responded when I started writing this, now loads of you had. Great stuff!

Edited by Carl Fimble
adding that last paragraph, and the one before it

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

WRT health - the NHS is a great thing but we need to stop all the 'fat shaming' nonsense and cultivate a society where healthy food is easier to get than unhealthy food and the pursuit of a healty body at all ages is seen as a reasonable goal. The load off the NHS if the populace weren't so fat and unhealthy would be huge.

Agreed. I am sick of the fact that my local coop seems to have about 4 different vegetables and 300 processed foods.

Perhaps make the rating system work - no rates for the amount of floorspace selling fresh food and triple rates for the areas selling junk?

To add - maybe we could even have some kind of coloured flooring - green for good stuff and red for bad, neutral for everything else.

Then, any benefits should be loaded onto a basic charge card than can only be used in the green and neutral aisles?

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

Agreed. I am sick of the fact that my local coop seems to have about 4 different vegetables and 300 processed foods.

Perhaps make the rating system work - no rates for the amount of floorspace selling fresh food and triple rates for the areas selling junk?

I think it's the one area where government intervention might pay dividends i.e. subsidize healthy food a bit.

But it's a deeper cultural problem. I was sat in a bar yesterday with three women sat diagnolly opposite me - they were all in their 50's I'd guess. Each one of them was as wide as they were tall, and the husbands weren't in much better shape. I don't think people in the UK give a shit, or if they do they think it's an inevitable part of aging (it's not).

11 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm a fat cunt and agree with you.

I hear you're the man to speak to about sorting out my fat cuntism Joe?

I also noticed as I walked around a city centre yesterday that a big  percentage of businesses are places selling you stuff that will make you fat - i.e. cakes and buns and all that. If everyone just started eating fruit and veg all sorts of industries would lose a fortune, both the ones that sell you the stuff that makes you sick and the ones that sell you the medicine when you are sick.

3 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I'm a fat cunt and agree with you.

I hear you're the man to speak to about sorting out my fat cuntism Joe?

I'm a skinny cunt who is making a big push this year to put on a stone so I can relate to the idea that changes take time and can be difficult.

I'll not overtake this topic with my diet advice, but in short ditch the processed good and eat mostly plants and you'll be grand. Walk for at least half an hour a day too.

Edited by JoeDavola

26 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I think it's the one area where government intervention might pay dividends i.e. subsidize healthy food a bit.

But it's a deeper cultural problem. I was sat in a bar yesterday with three women sat diagnolly opposite me - they were all in their 50's I'd guess. Each one of them was as wide as they were tall, and the husbands weren't in much better shape. I don't think people in the UK give a shit, or if they do they think it's an inevitable part of aging (it's not).

I think eating badly, not looking after your health and fitness is maybe depression related a lot of the time. There's a lot to be depressed about for a lot of people.

I used to think smoking was like suicide in a really slow way. Maybe fags and eating shit food - it's they're all little suicidal stepping stones.

I need to be more healthy, I want to be too.

Cheers for the advice Joe, and for all the posts from you lot above too.

Keep your manifestos and manifesto ideas coming.

Edited by Carl Fimble
idiocy and adding the last paragraph

6 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I think eating badly, not looking after your health and fitness is maybe depression related a lot of the time. There's a lot to be depressed about for a lot of people.

I used to think smoking was like suicide in a really slow way. Maybe fags and eating shit, it's they're all little suicidal stepping stones.

I need to be more healthy, I want to be too. Joe!

Agree with all this. I don't think it's good for one's self esteem to eat yourself to the point where you're obese. If you're obese and feel bad about yourself, think of it in such a way that every healthy meal is making you a little bit healthier/better - it's an act of high self esteem to put good healthy food in your gub! And it's not expensive either.

Last note about obesity - on two separate occasions yesterday people commented that they thought I was a student. I'm 33, and I don't bloody look 21 let me tell ya (I only wish I did), but I think they thought I was young because I'm skinny and so few people these days are slim unless they're very young.

Edited by JoeDavola

20 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Agree with all this. I don't think it's good for one's self esteem to eat yourself to the point where you're obese. If you're obese and feel bad about yourself, think of it in such a way that every healthy meal is making you a little bit healthier/better - it's an act of high self esteem to put good healthy food in your gub! And it's not expensive either.

Last note about obesity - on two separate occasions yesterday people commented that they thought I was a student. I'm 33, and I don't bloody look 21 let me tell ya (I only wish I did), but I think they thought I was young because I'm skinny and so few people these days are slim unless they're very young.

I just need to cut out the shit, I eat well but lots, then supplement it with chocolate and crisps n shit.

I'm gonna get healthier though, need to be fit for the future.

That could be one of our overriding goals as 1% says, full unemployment and general fitness and healthyness.

My policies would prob be :

Sentences for child sex crimes should be greatly increased and extra funds directed at catching the perpetrators.

Sentences for crimes against the person increased.

Laws of treason against the people to be added and enforced.

A pro brexit stance.

Standing for British (and western) values

Bring in anti immigration rules after first closing the tap as soon as in office. Rules to be decided upon after that, based on benefit to our country.

Continuing helping people GENUINELY in need of help- actual real refugees/asylum seekers. Weed out the obvious bullshitters though.

Simplification of everything with regards to tax and benefits. Possibly citizens income.

Excellent in actuality to be strived for, we need to be learning, teaching, fixing, inventing, building, thinking, everything bigger and better. We were outstanding in the past and can be again, we are not now though.

Central bank made to work for the benefit of us, money created to pay off national debts.

Non- interventionist policies with regards to wars, etc, and everything really.

I like the idea of a party which is for the truth, for doing the right thing by our people(and the world), for exposing (and punishing)the degenaracy of the past and moving us to where we should be.

Benefit system - nothing in= nothing out.

Migration - no recourse to public funds until contributions are over 10k 

The state needs to step away from supporting family breakup using benefits to make up for missing parents. Start making the family unit the most rational economic choice using tax breaks and incentives to help remove the state involvement.

Political representatives - not allowed to represent the populace without a decade of work experience. Reduce the number of both elected and unelected representatives to around 200. (An arbitrary figure) Allow them free lodging in London and pay them properly. 

Regional centres- to allow infrastructure spending to be more evenly distributed and stop everything being sucked into the south east.

Sex offenders -Castration.

Here's mine.

1. Axe Foreign Aid
  2. Close the borders except to highly skilled migrants on a means-tested basis
  3. Flat income tax rate of 33% for everyone earning over £10,000 a year, otherwise 0%
  4. Protect British companies from being taken over by foreign conglomerates
  5. Remove cultural marxism from our schools and workplaces and make all teachers of children under 16 undergo retraining
  6. Deport any migrant on 1st offence without trial
  7. Axe tax credits and cut out-of-work bennies so it's never more cost effective to skive off than work
  8. Ban halal meat, enforce the ban on FGM, raid and tear down the mosques, ban minarets, ban Islamic dress in public, ban the call to prayer.
  9. Install CCTV in every slaughterhouse, give the public access to the footage, and make animal cruelty a much more serious offence, on par with humans
  10. Make all dogs wear a muzzle when in a public place or prosecute the owner
  11. Repeat driving test for anyone over the age of 70
  12. Make it illegal to victimise single people,  or single occupants, or those who are childfree.

49 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Most people nowadays balloon to the size of a house once their metabolism slows down, normally around 18-21. Pretty much everyone I went to school with is now obese.

4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Most people nowadays balloon to the size of a house once their metabolism slows down, normally around 18-21. Pretty much everyone I went to school with is now obese.

Given the size of UK housing nowadays I think that metaphor needs updating.

1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

This is great!

Maybe in a week or two we could copy n paste all our favourites and start to narrow it down.

Well might you hold your chin in a pensive manner.....here's a rough and ready summary of what has been produced so far.

Tax and Spending:

Taxation to stop business offshoring jobs

Taxation for infrastructure investment

Land Value Tax

Flat income tax rate of 33% for everyone earning over £10,000 a year, otherwise 0%

The state needs to step away from supporting family breakup using benefits to make up for missing parents. Start making the family unit the most rational economic choice using tax breaks and incentives to help remove the state involvement.

Regional centres- to allow infrastructure spending to be more evenly distributed and stop everything being sucked into the south east.

Simplification of everything with regards to tax and benefits. Possibly citizens income.

Axe Foreign Aid

Axe tax credits and cut out-of-work bennies so it's never more cost effective to skive off than work

Punishment:

Sentences for child sex crimes should be greatly increased and extra funds directed at catching the perpetrators.

Sex offenders -Castration

Immigration/Migration:

Double employer's and employee's National Insurance contributions for non Uk born workers. 

Ban all non western immigration

Mass deportations

Close the borders except to highly skilled migrants on a means-tested basis

Ban halal meat

Enforce the ban on FGM

Raid and tear down the mosques

Ban minarets

Ban Islamic dress in public

Ban the call to prayer

No recourse to public funds until contributions are over 10k 

Deport any migrant on 1st offence without trial

Benefits & Welfare:

Stop all benefts.  You want money, you have to work.  

Have in place a contribution based safety net for those genuinely out of work but make it time limited

Harder to classify:

Stop private business running services, especially essential services.  Use the profit that would have gone to shareholders to create jobs

A cap on executive pay so that they can only earn 10x that of the lowest paid they employ so that there is a fairer distribution of wealth

All religious groups to regularly publish full accounts, stating clearly their sources of income. Same thing for charities.

A pro brexit stance.

Continuing helping people GENUINELY in need of help- actual real refugees/asylum seekers. Weed out the obvious bullshitters though.

Excellent in actuality to be strived for, we need to be learning, teaching, fixing, inventing, building, thinking, everything bigger and better. We were outstanding in the past and can be again, we are not now though.

Central bank made to work for the benefit of us, money created to pay off national debts.

A party which is for the truth, for doing the right thing by our people(and the world), for exposing (and punishing)the degenaracy of the past and moving us to where we should be.

Political representatives - not allowed to represent the populace without a decade of work experience. Reduce the number of both elected and unelected representatives to around 200. (An arbitrary figure) Allow them free lodging in London and pay them properly. 

Remove cultural marxism from our schools and workplaces and make all teachers of children under 16 undergo retraining

Install CCTV in every slaughterhouse, give the public access to the footage, and make animal cruelty a much more serious offence, on par with humans

Make all dogs wear a muzzle when in a public place or prosecute the owner

Repeat driving test for anyone over the age of 70

Make it illegal to victimise single people,  or single occupants, or those who are childfree.

20 minutes ago, Duck said:

Well might you hold your chin in a pensive manner.....here's a rough and ready summary of what has been produced so far.

Tax and Spending:

Taxation to stop business offshoring jobs

Taxation for infrastructure investment

Land Value Tax

Flat income tax rate of 33% for everyone earning over £10,000 a year, otherwise 0%

Axe Foreign Aid

Axe tax credits and cut out-of-work bennies so it's never more cost effective to skive off than work

Punishment:

Sex offenders -Castration

Immigration/Migration:

Double employer's and employee's National Insurance contributions for non Uk born workers. 

Ban all non western immigration

Mass deportations

Close the borders except to highly skilled migrants on a means-tested basis

Ban halal meat

Enforce the ban on FGM

Raid and tear down the mosques

Ban minarets

Ban Islamic dress in public

Ban the call to prayer

No recourse to public funds until contributions are over 10k 

Deport any migrant on 1st offence without trial

Benefits & Welfare:

Stop all benefts.  You want money, you have to work.  

Have in place a contribution based safety net for those genuinely out of work but make it time limited

Harder to classify:

Stop private business running services, especially essential services.  Use the profit that would have gone to shareholders to create jobs

A cap on executive pay so that they can only earn 10x that of the lowest paid they employ so that there is a fairer distribution of wealth

A pro brexit stance.

A party which is for the truth, for doing the right thing by our people(and the world), for exposing (and punishing)the degenaracy of the past and moving us to where we should be.

Remove cultural marxism from our schools and workplaces and make all teachers of children under 16 undergo retraining

Install CCTV in every slaughterhouse, give the public access to the footage, and make animal cruelty a much more serious offence, on par with humans

Make all dogs wear a muzzle when in a public place or prosecute the owner

Repeat driving test for anyone over the age of 70

Make it illegal to victimise single people,  or single occupants, or those who are childfree.

Excellent work, send me your bill.