• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Car deliberately drive into children in Glasgow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43532397

been treated as attempted murder but not terrorism 

A teenage girl was seriously hurt when a car was driven deliberately into a group of children in Glasgow.

The children, aged between 12 and 14, were standing on the pavement near shops in Castlemilk at about 15:30 on Saturday afternoon.

A man drove his silver Vauxhall Astra at the group, hitting five of the children before driving off.

A 14-year-old girl is in a serious but stable condition. Police are treating the incident as attempted murder.

Four of the others - three girls aged 12, 13 and 14 and a 12 year-old boy - were treated for minor injuries either at the scene, or at local hospitals and have since been released.

The incident happened at Stravanan Road and the man drove off towards Birgidale Road. There was a passenger, another man, in the car at the time.

Those sorts of incidents hardly ever used to happen except now and then at several year intervals and due to stuff mechanical failure or maybe illness or substance abuse.  Now they seem to happen every few weeks (if not more regularly) and for no apparent justification. 

Is it just because the population has increased so rapidly in recent years and the awful congestion - I don't think that can be the full explanation.

Posted (edited)

It's a bit like that incident in January at the bus stop in Hayes when three teenage school children were run over and killed.

From memory by coincidence that was on a curved stretch of road as well but that's probably not significant.

Edited by twocents

1 minute ago, twocents said:

Those sorts of incidents hardly ever used to happen except now and then at several year intervals and due to stuff mechanical failure or maybe illness or substance abuse.  Now they seem to happen every few weeks (if not more regularly) and for no apparent justification. 

Is it just because the population has increased so rapidly in recent years and the awful congestion - I don't think that can be the full explanation.

Unchecked bad behaviour from feral benefits-raised youth and regular news stories about cars being used as weapons giving other people the idea maybe.

That nightclub one last week was a muzzer but that seemed incidental to the (drug induced?) wild over reaction to bring refused entry; right I will try to kill you all!

If it keeps going then those kerb bollards are going to become commonplace.

Just read as first story on the 2pm news, and as that's the (local) BBC that makes me think it less likely to be a muzzer or they'd be already playing it down.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Unchecked bad behaviour from feral benefits-raised youth and regular news stories about cars being used as weapons giving other people the idea maybe.

That nightclub one last week was a muzzer but that seemed incidental to the (drug induced?) wild over reaction to bring refused entry; right I will try to kill you all!

If it keeps going then those kerb bollards are going to become commonplace.

Bollards will be required even around temporary marquees and tents.

The rentabollard economy.

10 minutes ago, twocents said:

Perhaps they are publicising them more in the news to normalise it so that when it's a deliberate act of terrorism it's less shocking and less likely to trigger a backlash.

23 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43532397

been treated as attempted murder but not terrorism 

A teenage girl was seriously hurt when a car was driven deliberately into a group of children in Glasgow.

The children, aged between 12 and 14, were standing on the pavement near shops in Castlemilk at about 15:30 on Saturday afternoon.

A man drove his silver Vauxhall Astra at the group, hitting five of the children before driving off.

A 14-year-old girl is in a serious but stable condition. Police are treating the incident as attempted murder.

Four of the others - three girls aged 12, 13 and 14 and a 12 year-old boy - were treated for minor injuries either at the scene, or at local hospitals and have since been released.

The incident happened at Stravanan Road and the man drove off towards Birgidale Road. There was a passenger, another man, in the car at the time.

OK Velma, me, Fred and Scooby are on our way to Glasgow via train.

Get the mystery machine up here shit-hot, and pop into Dumfires on the way up to pick up Daphne...

Regards,

Shaggy

1967876_1.jpg

XYY

28 minutes ago, twocents said:

It's a bit like that incident in January at the bus stop in Hayes when three teenage school children were run over and killed.

From memory by coincidence that was on a curved stretch of road as well but that's probably not significant.

I think the curve was significant given the witnesses reports of the speed the vehicle was being driven at.

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Get the mystery machine up here shit-hot, and pop into Dumfires on the way up to pick up Daphne...

Regards,

Shaggy

1967876_1.jpg

XYY

Don't know why we have to tolerate those Yanks.  We've got perfectly wizard investigators in the UK:

FIVEGO.jpg

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

Perhaps they are publicising them more in the news to normalise it so that when it's a deliberate act of terrorism it's less shocking and less likely to trigger a backlash.

For sure it could be to do with normalisation and ultimately people not really noticing the difference until Britain is like Beirut  - years ago they were so rare, shocking, awful and dramatic especially involving children they inevitably got almost front page headlines and full press and tv news coverage. 

Presumably part of the process of normalisation is such incidents ultimately becoming less newsworthy and that happens also by their regularity.  It's difficult to know how intentional the normalisation is from a press point of view as I imagine the incidents also have an influence on journalists as well - but for sure the more it happens and is publicised the more people get used to it and adapt - maybe a bit like the world wars.

If the same group are constantly involved in these incidents then I expect it does become difficult to differentiate between murder, manslaughter and terrorism unless that is we become mind readers. 

Didn't the Parsons Green train bomber bloke plead not guilty to terrorism or was it not guilty to murder despite making and using a nail bomb plus - it can get easy to lose track.

(After checking to refresh he pleaded not guilty to attempted murder)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43519540

Passing sentence, the judge, Mr Justice Haddon-Cave, said he would be treating the incident as a terrorist offence.

It seems that you can just take your choice - terrorism, murder, manslaughter...........

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, dgul said:

Don't know why we have to tolerate those Yanks.  We've got perfectly wizard investigators in the UK:

FIVEGO.jpg

love enid,she isnt pc mind....she calls a spade a spade....did i just say that ?

Edited by stokiescum

41 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Regards,

Shaggy

1967876_1.jpg

XYY

Too right shaggy. You are no Fred.

41 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Regards,

Shaggy

1967876_1.jpg

XYY

Don't forget....

bbviz.thumb.jpg.996a1889f88bf8336700312911bc4afa.jpg

I think there's a few factors at play here. (In no particular order)

1. Easy availability of high powered cars. This wasn't possible until the 1980s and only really recently has it become possible for dodgy people to buy very powerful cars. That bloke who drove at 130mph into that underpass in Birmingham couldn't have done that back in the days when all people like him could afford would be a second hand Ford Popular. 

2. Greater amounts of substance abuse/psychosis.

3. More cars on the road in general. 

4. Influx of people from violent and backward cultures. 

5. Politicised, feminised police force and judiciary unwilling or unable to enforce harsh penalties on (4). 

I've been playing Forza Horizon online a lot lately. I do worry it's inevitable that eventually I'm going to instinctively react to something in real life the same way I would in the game.

On 25/03/2018 at 13:59, twocents said:

The driver got sentenced today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43574133

Scroll down for full enrichment!

One of the parents was convinced that if he had not been apprehended trying to flee the scene he would have fled the country.

Chudasama is an Indian name, probably of Turk origin, so the internet tells me. Wikipedia and elsewhere tells me that the Chudasamas were forcibly converted to islam in 1472 when their last mogul king was defeated.

Harald Tambs-Lyche believes that there is evidence, based on myths, that a Chudasama kingdom existed at Junagadh in the Saurashtra region of Gujarat. The dynasty is traditionally said to have been founded in 875 CE and around 1030 received assistance from members of the pastoralist Ahir community in order to restore its power following a conquest of the kingdom by the king of Gujarat. The Chudasamas are sometimes referred to as the Ahirani Ranis, and Tambs-Lyche says that, "The structure of the Chudasama state ... seems to have been an alliance between a small royal clan — later to be classified as Rajputs — and the Ahir tribe." The last of these kings, Mandulak Chudasama, was forcibly converted to Islam in 1470 by Mahmud Begarha, who also annexed the state. Begarha had attacked the Chudasama kingdom, which was known as Girnar, on several previous occasions.

http://www.indianrajputs.com/history/chudasama.php