• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
dgul

How to make sure you're not sued for negligence

Debenhams just had a flash sale of ladies high heels - some as low as £2 a pair. They looked rather fetching but no size 13's. So any blokes or 'ladies' with large feet cannot buy high heels in Debenhams.

How long before we see retailers like this sued for discriminating against 'ladies' with feet bigger than ladies usually have?

We're hurtling down the rabbit-hole.

Posted (edited)

pathetic.  if the kid had been treated no different than anyone else and then got hurt, the parents would have sued then as well.

fuck them all.

edit: looking at the mother, the poor kid wants to run away a lot more often than he did

Edited by wherebee
seen the mothers face

My friend, a teacher, had an autistic pupil in her class. She persevered, but it ruined my friend's year and health. Whose rights trump whose in these matters?

There is something really twisted about the law being a weapon of financial destruction, when it really should be about justice. Imagine king Solomon deciding over who was the true mother of a child, but charging each mother 10 shekels of gold beforehand, and then ruining the one who lost with further costs; it wouldn't be such a good story.

I’m sure there is such a thing as autism.  However, I’m also convinced the naughty kids who have never been disciplined by bonkers parents (just look at the picture of this woman) labelled as such. 

A case of bad parenting more often than not. 

As someone else said above re the teacher, why does this kid’s right trump those of the rest of the kids attending scouts?  

We are seeing the end of things like the scouts.  Why would you bother if you are at risk of being sued by bonkers parents with poorly disciplined kids?  

24 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m sure there is such a thing as autism.  However, I’m also convinced the naughty kids who have never been disciplined by bonkers parents (just look at the picture of this woman) labelled as such. 

A case of bad parenting more often than not. 

As someone else said above re the teacher, why does this kid’s right trump those of the rest of the kids attending scouts?  

We are seeing the end of things like the scouts.  Why would you bother if you are at risk of being sued by bonkers parents with poorly disciplined kids?  

Quite.

One local council had some busybodies going on at them about a children's playground not being up to H&S standards. They looked at the cost and took the cheaper option: remove all the equipment.

That is the end result of the actions of people like that mother: people don't want the hassle, cease to bother and everyone loses.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Quite.

One local council had some busybodies going on at them about a children's playground not being up to H&S standards. They looked at the cost and took the cheaper option: remove all the equipment.

That is the end result of the actions of people like that mother: people don't want the hassle, cease to bother and everyone loses.

Yep.  You can see the end game here. All sacrificed to the call of, “but I’m entitled “. 

6 hours ago, wherebee said:

pathetic.  if the kid had been treated no different than anyone else and then got hurt, the parents would have sued then as well.

fuck them all.

edit: looking at the mother, the poor kid wants to run away a lot more often than he did

Indeed. Is there a link between autism and older mothers? She looks much older than she should for someone with an 11 year old. 

3 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Indeed. Is there a link between autism and older mothers? She looks much older than she should for someone with an 11 year old. 

I would imagine that there is a link between autism and piss poor parenting 

29 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

I don't know about older mothers, but there is a link to older father's. I wouldn't recommend that anybody has kids much later than your mid thirties to be honest. 

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-ties-dad’s-age-risk-autism-other-mental-disorders-kids

20 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

Vodafone content control won't let me visit that... Is it because of the danger to my blood pressure? Must get that turned off... Again.

It's probably the anonym.to redirect - try cut and pasting the link.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I would imagine that there is a link between autism and piss poor parenting 

I think there is a link between autism and piss poor but middle class parenting. 

Autism is a real disorder but some parents jump on the bandwagon and claim their kids are autistic for the tax credits or if middle class an excuse for their lack of attention to their badly brought up child.

1 minute ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I think there is a link between autism and piss poor but middle class parenting. 

Autism is a real disorder but some parents jump on the bandwagon and claim their kids are autistic for the tax credits or if middle class an excuse for their lack of attention to their badly brought up child.

Exactly my point, much better expressed here though. 

1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

I don't know about older mothers, but there is a link to older father's. I wouldn't recommend that anybody has kids much later than your mid thirties to be honest. 

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-ties-dad’s-age-risk-autism-other-mental-disorders-kids

I dont think its as low as mid 30s but definitely an issue with Dads 55+.

It seems to mainly affect boys.

Aendotally, you go to a school and, as wll as the fat single mum, another common trait is the Dad on second family with a much younger partner.

Thats tax credits for you.

And you guarantee that, for both types, the kids are total cunts.

11 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

Which mainly centres on dumping their kids in childcare whilst Mum and Dad whizz round being self important.

11 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Aendotally, you go to a school and, as wll as the fat single mum, another common trait is the Dad on second family with a much younger partner.

I guess the reason is that for both types, they don’t really want the kids per se, what they want is the meal ticket. So, the kids get little attention and thus get ever more badly behaved as a way of seeking attention. 

10 hours ago, dgul said:

I think this is how you make sure that you won't be sued for negligence by not taking a condition seriously enough.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43519296

However, Ben's parents - who are both lawyers - argued the decision effectively amounted to a ban.

So the scout association has £42k plus their costs less to do anything good with.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

However, Ben's parents - who are both lawyers - argued the decision effectively amounted to a ban.

So the scout association has £42k plus their costs less to do anything good with.

I think all the other parents should sue these parents for excluding them from the scouts by using frivouslus law suits.

~30 odd cases agains tthese morons.

Go 50k each settlement.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Cheeky fuck - that's me that is, and my second brood of kids are all bright as a button.  Not a mong to be seen.  Of course, I never smoked or did any illegal drugs ever, and neither did my wife.....

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Quite.

Then it becomes spare land "which attracts bad behaviour" - ideal for converting to housing.  Eventually there are fewer and fewer play areas.

Edited by twocents

12 hours ago, Everentt said:

My friend, a teacher, had an autistic pupil in her class. She persevered, but it ruined my friend's year and health. Whose rights trump whose in these matters?

There is something really twisted about the law being a weapon of financial destruction, when it really should be about justice. Imagine king Solomon deciding over who was the true mother of a child, but charging each mother 10 shekels of gold beforehand, and then ruining the one who lost with further costs; it wouldn't be such a good story.

And they wonder why they can't get enough scout leaders. 

A friend of mine gave up teaching because he disagreed with the policy of allowing autistic children in classes with 'normal' children. He said it disrupted the other children and it didn't do any good for the autistic child because he was too far gone to care. The whole thing was an exercise in PC and pretending that people with mental problems are the same as everybody else. It was the moral equivalent of making a blind child play cricket. (Though it wouldn't surprise me if they do that nowadays in schools as well).