• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

85-Year-Old Holocaust Victim Stabbed 11 Times then Set on Fire in Her Paris Apartment

This justifies its own thread. This the road that the apologists have led us down.

The burnt and stabbed body of a Holocaust survivor was found in her Paris apartment, in what a watchdog on anti-Semitism said was a case reminiscent of an alleged anti-Semitic hate crime.

The National Bureau for Vigilance Against Anti-Semitism, or BNVCA, wrote in a statement Sunday that the suspected murder of the 85-year-old woman, identified by BNVCA and in the French media only as Mireille K., “is reminiscent of the crime committed against Sarah Halimi,” a 66-year-old Jewish teacher and physician, whom prosecutors say was murdered by her Muslim neighbor in April partly in connection with her Jewish identity.

According to the BNVCA, the octogenarian’s body was set on fire Friday night. Her charred body also had at least 11 stab wounds. Police have a suspect in custody in connection with her death.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/holocaust-survivors-body-found-burnt-stabbed-in-paris-apartment/

I think we have lots of anti-semites hiding in plain sight in the UK and across Europe. I think they like portray them as liberal, tolerant, progressive but just below the surfce lies a vile hatred not just of Jewish people but also of Christians.

I think many of them inhabit politics and the media. I never ever imagined that we would see things like this happening in Europe once again. This time they are not just going after the Jews though IMPO - we should all have no doubt about that.

There will be many today, on hearing of this story, barely concealing their delight I suspect. Terrible times.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

I think we have lots of anti-semites hiding in plain sight in the UK and across Europe. I think they like portray them as liberal, tolerant, progressive but just below the surfce lies a vile hatred not just of Jewish people but also of Christians.

I think many of them inhabit politics and the media. I never ever imagined that we would see things like this happening in Europe once again. This time they are not just going after the Jews though IMPO - we should all have no doubt about that.

There will be many today, on hearing of this story, barely concealing their delight I suspect. Terrible times.

Nope.

You have the strident muzzers.

And you have the loons like Jezza in Islington.

Other than someone saying 'You tight jew' at someone being tight, Ive never heard of anyone actually attacking a jew, physically or verbally.

I think the anit-semtism that there is in the UK tends to be found more in the upper classes. Most of my family would view Jews as being funny/strange but none too bothered.

I've never really "got" antisemitism. OK, so I have the same low opinion of the adherents of judaism as I have of those who follow any religion, but I'm not moved to do anything about it. I certainly don't feel that they bear me any personal ill will, unlike in the case of some other religions where that's kind of stated on the tin. 

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nope.

You have the strident muzzers.

And you have the loons like Jezza in Islington.

Other than someone saying 'You tight jew' at someone being tight, Ive never heard of anyone actually attacking a jew, physically or verbally.

I think the anit-semtism that there is in the UK tends to be found more in the upper classes. Most of my family would view Jews as being funny/strange but none too bothered.

I have been mates with Jewish people in London - most are just like the rest of us.  Then you get the orthodox and Hassidic jews who keep themselves to themselves.  I have had to visit Jewish schools as part of my work.  Always very welcoming, polite and charming people.

I think it is either as you say, found in the upper classes or just made up stuff.  ordinary working people - live and let live.  

At least the jews bear (is this the right bear?) the rest of the population no ill.

16 minutes ago, eight said:

I've never really "got" antisemitism. OK, so I have the same low opinion of the adherents of judaism as I have of those who follow any religion, but I'm not moved to do anything about it. I certainly don't feel that they bear me any personal ill will, unlike in the case of some other religions where that's kind of stated on the tin. 

I dont mind religions where its just  singing songs , doing daft traditions.

No probs.

Its when it starts to become annoying - bing bon Hae yu heard the news?

And when that evolves to blowing people up.

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

I have been mates with Jewish people in London - most are just like the rest of us.  Then you get the orthodox and Hassidic jews who keep themselves to themselves.  I have had to visit Jewish schools as part of my work.  Always very welcoming, polite and charming people.

I think it is either as you say, found in the upper classes or just made up stuff.  ordinary working people - live and let live.  

At least the jews bear (is this the right bear?) the rest of the population no ill.

I was going to say similar, I have known several Jews one of whom was a good friend.  All absolutely like everyone else, celebrate Christmas etc.

I have though met the odd "God's Chosen People" one who mistook talking about Judaism for conversation.

If you have been unfortunate enough to only meet the latter type you may make the mistake of thinking that they're all like that.

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yesterday, I realised for the first time, that a friend of my daughter that I have known for about 15 years is  of Jewish descent.

Never even came up on the radar before and I doubt if I would have known if she hadn't told me.

Back in the 1940s, my best school friend was Jewish and spoke German, we didn't care about him being a Jew, but we were sorely vexed that he spoke German. My Mother explained to me how his family had escaped before the war.

22 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think you are right. All incidents of criticism against one particular religion is seen as endemic racism. Any incidents of violence by those from this same religion is interpreted as one of freak event, despite many others often being involved and as you say delighting in the act they perpetrate. Here the left protects this as without the mass vote Labour would be un-electable. I think this must be true in European countries too, otherwise the directions governments have take is inexplicable. 

13 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I was going to say similar, I have known several Jews one of whom was a good friend.  All absolutely like everyone else, celebrate Christmas etc.

I have though met the odd "God's Chosen People" one who mistook talking about Judaism for conversation.

If you have been unfortunate enough to only meet the latter type you may make the mistake of thinking that they're all like that.

But it is the same with every religion. I’ve met some seriously odd Christian god botherers. My neighbour is one. A lovely person but who spends her spare time in bible reading classes. 

Each to their own....

9 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

I think you are right. All incidents of criticism against one particular religion is seen as endemic racism. Any incidents of violence by those from this same religion is interpreted as one of freak event, despite many others often being involved and as you say delighting in the act they perpetrate. Here the establishment  left protects this as without the mass vote Labour would be un-electable. I think this must be true in European countries too, otherwise the directions governments have take is inexplicable. 

FTFY  :)

42 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes and you don't get their individuals' names cropping up time and time again reported to be linked to terrorist attacks and other sorts of attacks in Britain or as far as I'm aware elsewhere in europe for that matter.

Edited by twocents

When I was at university in Swansea in the early 80s the most extreme violence was Muslim against Muslim. The only other things I remember were Rugby type brawls. Since then we have imported this trouble to an extent that not only has it become more extreme and common but they now have sufficient confidence to turn on us. And we all see what will happen in the future.

12 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

When I was at university in Swansea in the early 80s the most extreme violence was Muslim against Muslim. The only other things I remember were Rugby type brawls. Since then we have imported this trouble to an extent that not only has it become more extreme and common but they now have sufficient confidence to turn on us. And we all see what will happen in the future.

Yep, very true. Mainly the rich ons of Iranians and the rich sons of Iraqis who had been sent overseas to study in order to keep them from being conscripted in the big war they were both fighting.

Obviously that's terrible, but it's not something huge, or especially awful, all sorts of people are killed everyday, and worse. Kris Donald, the "groomed" (and murdered) girls and their families, the Count Dankula/shutting down of free speech stuff and many other things in my own country bother me more, and are certainly deserving of threads of their own.

@eight, and others- you need to read other tins. Investigate a bit more, honestly.

Edited by Carl Fimble
especially not specially