• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Complaints against a club.
It's a membership club.
So the council won't release details of complaints (not even a one word summation of the issue) because it may identify who has complained.

FOI guy says that we ask them to review their decision and then send it to them to decide on.

I'm going to buy them a copy of The Trial. 

3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Complaints against a club.
It's a membership club.
So the council won't release details of complaints (not even a one word summation of the issue) because it may identify who has complained.

FOI guy says that we ask them to review their decision and then send it to them to decide on.

I'm going to buy them a copy of The Trial. 

Buy them a copy of either catch 22 or a Kafka novel, or both. 

Idiots. 

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think we need some more information.

Don't we all?

To be fair, it may be some of the complaints included in the 9 mentioned are mine. Although they have not actioned or replied to my complaints (Guess who's making a complaint about that too) and some are almost certainly historical, if not hysterical.

Forgive my not understanding this properly..

Someone has complained about your club?

You have launched a FIO request t find out what the complaint was ?

The council(?) have refused ?

So why do you care?  If they are not doing anything about the complaint and are not going to tell you anything about it other than "someone has complained" then I don't understand what the problem is?  Water under the bridge? o.O

44 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

It's not that bloody Gregor Samsa again is it?

He really bugs me.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Don't we all?

To be fair, it may be some of the complaints included in the 9 mentioned are mine. Although they have not actioned or replied to my complaints (Guess who's making a complaint about that too) and some are almost certainly historical, if not hysterical.

You are entitled to see any information about you that is held in electronic form. I'm pretty sure i am correct about that. irrepsective of FOI.

Edited by Hopeful

9 hours ago, Hopeful said:

You are entitled to see any information about you that is held in electronic form. I'm pretty sure i am correct about that. irrepsective of FOI.

A subject access request,
BUT the council want to know what dept I want to request it from. And one of the bits of the council who has been dealing with this shit is a private company - and I suspect they're not going to be a "department" for the purposes of the SAR.

46 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

SAR, that's it. Can they do that under a SAR, Isn't the organisation the 'Council?'

Yes the council is still the data controller. Have spoken to a helpful lady at the council who has given me some advice on doing my request! :)