• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
dgul

cars cars cars

Posted (edited)

Oops, already a thread...!

(I did look, honest)

Child #1 was late home today.  School was only letting them out in 3's.  What's all that about?  Dunno says #1.

Then I see this: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/938270/UK-schools-terror-threat-email-warning-car-attack-Plymouth-Durham

“The emails say that at 3.15pm a car will drive into as many students as possible as they try to leave.

Nothing anywhere else.  BBC, say.

Strange, that.

Edited by dgul
stupidity

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Everentt
      Found this in the Sun: https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/3506420/the-mot-loophole-that-can-get-you-a-2500-fine-and-three-demerit-points-even-if-most-recent-test-is-valid/
      I'm not sure I understood half of it, but is seems we are going Japanese by being pernickety. 
    • By Frank Hovis
      For anyone else who, like me, clicked @Inoperational Bumblebee's thread thinking it meant your stable of dream cars if you won the lottery then this is the thread for you.
      Money no object, these will be maintained to perfection and be like new to drive.  Plus don't worry about practical things like parking it in Safeway or in laybys or multi-storey car parks.  You can use a Fiesta for that.  I have picked three.  You can have as few or as many as you choose.
      Rover P5

Triumph Stag (but with a decent engine in it)

Lara Croft Land Rover

• By Frank Hovis
      Keyless entry is not a tech I liked when it came out.  Not knowing if your car's locked and being able to start and go with your key on your front room windowsill rather than your pocket.  It seemed to be replacing a perfectly good system of blipper key fobs with something worse just because it was a more recent development.
      It also turns out that your car is ridiculously easy to steal if the signal from your keyless entry can be sensed from outside your house.
      Then all you need is this which will cost you a mere £260:

Good innit.
      Ford Fiestas are at risk as keyless car theft soars with police saying crooks hack into vehicles with electronic devices sold on Amazon and eBay
      All models of keyless cars have been stolen, including BMWs and Range Rovers   But owners of Britain's most popular vehicle have been among the hardest hit Cleveland Police had 90 reports of keyless cars being stolen since December  Half of them were Fiestas, the country's best-selling motor for the past decade   
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5546751/Ford-Fiestas-risk-keyless-car-theft-soars.html