• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Big headed celebs being total arses

There are the obvious examples which have been posted here before of celebs getting a wildly unrealistic view of their importance and thinking that they can do or say anything without consequence.

Lest we forget:

Bob-Geldof-680759.jpg

and

JS91340657.jpg

But there are plenty of others.  Elvis Costello had agreed to sing one song on Saturday Night Live in 1977 but to "stick it to the man" he changed it to his "meaningful" "protest" song Radio Radio.  Which is a rubbish song and for being such a dick he was banned from US TV until 1989.  He also with his "stop, stop" comes across as being as angry and edgy as Duncan Norvelle:

First ten seconds.

And then of course Sinead's career destroying "Look at MEEEEEEEE!" moment:

There must be plenty of others.

With regard to Elvis Costello I would have thought Less Than Zero was quite as political a song as Radio Radio. The latter was essentially just bitching about Punk and New Wave records not getting airtime on commercial radio.  Anyway he stole the idea of changing the song mid flight from Jimi Hendrix who did the same on the Lulu show on the So-Called BBC.

I personally don't have a problem with political protest songs if they stand up as songs in their own right. 

It is when people who are performers in one field feel they have a right to step outside their art form to hector people that I get pissed off. Cumberbatch breaking off mid way through Hamlet to harangue the audience about Syrian refugees being a classic example.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Today's so-called celebrities are absolute shite.

I don't want my celebs to be total arses.

I want them to be DRUNKEN, WANKERED, AND TOTALLY MONGED total arses...!

Where the fuck are today's equivalents of Alex Higgins and Oliver Reed - when we really need such a bunch of "off-their-tits" bastards...?

Probably getting their bollocks waxed in some "beauty-salon" I would imagine.

And that's just the women....

;)

XYY

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I have also heard, on quite good authority, that the sainted Cilla Black was a weapons grade shitbag of the purest ray sublime. Deeply unpleasant person by all accounts.

CB was particularly hated by airline staff. The staff forums have threads dedicated to her.

46 minutes ago, Lipid said:

Alas, we don't see this sort of thing anymore...

Talking about people who liked a drink or 600 here is a classic performance of legendary rock piss head Tony Ashton performing under the influence on TOTP back in 1971

Edited by Virgil Caine

12 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

CB was particularly hated by airline staff. The staff forums have threads dedicated to her.

:)

If that forum is to be believed -  and I sure as shit want to lap it all up - then Shirley Bassey hardly gains any more "extra air-miles on her frequent-flyer card" than Cilla among airline staff...

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

28 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I was an extra in a film with Rob Schneider and Jean Claude Van Damme.

Both were a pair of obnoxious arseholes. JCVD was a grumpy short-arse however Schneider was on a different level altogether. Massive tantrums, throwing chairs around and abusing people. My mate got thrown off the set for calling him a massive cunt.

It was a shit experience all round really. We got a phone call later asking us to be extras for later scenes in the film but we told them to bugger off. 

The film itself is genuinely one of the worst films I've ever seen. I couldn't bring myself to part with two quid to get it out of a bargain bin and I'm in it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock_Off_(film)

Cunning, is that you?  o.O

22 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I have also heard, on quite good authority, that the sainted Cilla Black was a weapons grade shitbag of the purest ray sublime. Deeply unpleasant person by all accounts.

She used to expect free waiting service in the Albert Hall because she was too important to go to the bar and mix with the plebs, she got it too. Presumably there was history there because they only trusted a couple of us to do it.

I always remember this one from one of those celeb threads on forums for pilots and cabin crew. Some of them are quite surprising names like Jasper Carrot and Warwick Davies cropping up a lot.

Friends of mine often flew Maggie Thatcher. Event hough she would do an 18 hour day of diplomatic rounds, she would appear on th flight deck at midnight in her dressing gown with a tray of hot chocolate she had just made everyone!

35 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

Talking about people who liked a drink or 600 here is a classic performance of legendary rock piss head Tony Ashton performing under the influence on TOTP back in 1971

There's a classic bit in the Deep Purple Rock Family Tree episode where a dead pan John Peel tells us that a drunk Tony Ashton fell off the stage.

The whole programme remains the FUNNIEST thing i have ever seen on TV. David Covernote etc....

Edited by shindigger

1 hour ago, This Time said:

She used to expect free waiting service in the Albert Hall because she was too important to go to the bar and mix with the plebs, she got it too. Presumably there was history there because they only trusted a couple of us to do it.

Chap that I spoke to used to work in a theatre somewhere she was a regular. Apparently there was a near disaster as half of the staff were on the verge of downing tools and walking out as they were so sick of her behaviour. Some people simply refused to work in her general vicinity.

This wasn't other actors either, it was mainly stage staff.

1 hour ago, shindigger said:

There's a classic bit in the Deep Purple Rock Family Tree episode where a dead pan John Peel tells us that a drunk Tony Ashton fell off the stage.

The whole programme remains the FUNNIEST thing i have ever seen on TV. David Covernote etc....

It must have been brilliant to be part of that.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It must have been brilliant to be part of that.

I know. Another time. See the clip of Gillan on TOTP?

Not swimmin.....WIMMIN!!! 

They are all so serious, whilst not realising that they are contributing to one of the funniest stories in British culture ever.

I could listen to David Coverdale read the phone book.

Edited by shindigger

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Cunning, is that you?  o.O

Feck off.

The only actor I have ever bumped in to (and it was just that, I was behind him at the bar) was Christopher Reeve. And he was bloody massive. Hands like dustbin lids.

Oh, and I have met Vinny a few times. But he is not an actor so doesn't count.

2 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I was an extra in a film with Rob Schneider and Jean Claude Van Damme.

Both were a pair of obnoxious arseholes. JCVD was a grumpy short-arse however Schneider was on a different level altogether. Massive tantrums, throwing chairs around and abusing people. My mate got thrown off the set for calling him a massive cunt.

It was a shit experience all round really. We got a phone call later asking us to be extras for later scenes in the film but we told them to bugger off. 

The film itself is genuinely one of the worst films I've ever seen. I couldn't bring myself to part with two quid to get it out of a bargain bin and I'm in it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock_Off_(film)

That's not surprising to hear. I'm a JCVD fan but can only watch his films up to about 1996 before they get really shite (some post 2008 are OK). I believe he had a nasty coke habit in the mid/late 90's so that may be why he was a miserable twat when you worked with him. Or the fact all his films were tanking at the box office then...

Schneider is a well renowned prick.

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

I always remember this one from one of those celeb threads on forums for pilots and cabin crew. Some of them are quite surprising names like Jasper Carrot and Warwick Davies cropping up a lot.

I have slightly mixed feelings about those celeb threads on forums like Pprune

https://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html

While some of their famous passengers are undoubtedly a royal PITA I assume most of the celebs do pay to fly so as customers it is not their job to keep the cabin crew entertained. Providing they are not obnoxious, rude or disruptive they are entitled to their privacy. I also don't think you can judge people based on a few business interactions. Some people who appear pleasant in public are complete c**ts in private and vice versa.

4 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

I have slightly mixed feelings about those celeb threads on forums like Pprune

https://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html

While some of their famous passengers are undoubtedly a royal PITA I assume most of the celebs do pay to fly so as customers it is not their job to keep the cabin crew entertained. Providing they are not obnoxious, rude or disruptive they are entitled to their privacy. I also don't think you can judge people based on a few business interactions. Some people who appear pleasant in public are complete c**ts in private and vice versa.

To add my bit.

Molly Sugden. Absolutely lovely.

Sir Clive Woodward. Complete wanker.

But I doubt that will surprise anybody.