• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Diet pop triples risk of stroke and dementia

Whoa, that's serious.  One a day is enough per the study and as it's down to the artificial sweetener wrecking your arteries then you can probably include sweetener in your tea and coffee substituted for sugar for "health" reasons.

There have been recommendations to avoid these chemicals for years; isn't a study like this grounds for a ban as they're actively dangerous?

https://www.rt.com/usa/385513-diet-soda-study-dementia-stroke/

10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Whoa, that's serious.  One a day is enough per the study and as it's down to the artificial sweetener wrecking your arteries then you can probably include sweetener in your tea and coffee substituted for sugar for "health" reasons.

There have been recommendations to avoid these chemicals for years; isn't a study like this grounds for a ban as they're actively dangerous?

https://www.rt.com/usa/385513-diet-soda-study-dementia-stroke/

Aspartame. This converts into Formaldehyde and Formic Acid which demylinate your CNS. Nasty stuff.

5 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Aspartame. This converts into Formaldehyde and Formic Acid which demylinate your CNS. Nasty stuff.

And yet years of propaganda have people putting it in their hot drinks because it's "better" for them than sugar.

Eugenics...with some depression thrown in for good measure...

Did you know that Aspartame literally turns into formaldehyde and methanol inside your body? It breaks down into, according to one paper, “phenylalanine (50%), aspartic acid (40%) and methanol (10%) during metabolism in the body. The excess of phenylalanine blocks the transport of important amino acids to the brain contributing to reduced levels of dopamine and serotonin.

http://www.naturalblaze.com/?s=aspartame

38 minutes ago, davidg said:

I've never trusted any of this substitute man made food crap. Always had butter rather than marge, always sugar (if at all) rather than artificial sweeteners.

new pics 2014 to be deleted 004.JPG

19 minutes ago, suzieq said:

new pics 2014 to be deleted 004.JPG

I like raw milk.  Completely different taste to pasteurised.  At one point I thought there was a potential market in selling a pasteurised milk that tasted like proper milk, but then it was pointed out that the vast majority of people think that milk actually tastes like pasteurised milk, and wouldn't be interested in the product.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

I like raw milk.  Completely different taste to pasteurised.  At one point I thought there was a potential market in selling a pasteurised milk that tasted like proper milk, but then it was pointed out that the vast majority of people think that milk actually tastes like pasteurised milk, and wouldn't be interested in the product.

I like the taste of UHT, but only full cream. :Passusabeer:

9 minutes ago, dgul said:

I spent a lot of time on my pal's Guernsey breed farm as a kid. We could pop down to the milking shed and grab a a jug full of full cream milk. 

The milk you can buy in the shops is absolutely NOTHING like this.   

I'm not surprised. This is why I eat mostly plants - I don't trust anything that comes from an 'industry' telling you that it's safe. They don't give a shit about you; they want your money. They will make money from you and then a couple of decades of abuse later you'll be nicely set up for big pharma to profit from you for a decade or two before you die.

Here's a wee tip - every time they come out with some new chemical to tickle your tastebuds, assume it's poisonous shit that's gonna make you ill and avoid it.

There was a 6 month period when I was about 10 where I drank a 500ml bottle of fizzy pop a day. My dentist gave my mum a grilling at my next checkup, I stopped drinking fizzy drinks altogether and now at 33 I have no fillings at all in my adult teeth.

Drink water, tea and black coffee. Avoid anyhting else, including fruit juices.

- Dr Joe Davola

18 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I spent a lot of time on my pal's Guernsey breed farm as a kid. We could pop down to the milking shed and grab a a jug full of full cream milk. 

Check out your local farm with a milkbot, straight from the cow, unpasteurised milk put into a glass bottle in front of your eyes. Keeps for 5 days in the fridge and is exactly as milk should be.

2 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I'm not gonna get into this argument - we can agree to disagree. I do eat a small amount of meat but I don't think it's necessary.

This is not an argument Joe.  It's a demand.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Check out your local farm with a milkbot, straight from the cow, unpasteurised milk put into a glass bottle in front of your eyes. Keeps for 5 days in the fridge and is exactly as milk should be.

Mmmm - looks good but not sure I could justify driving 40 miles round trip for a pint of milk. Needs to be Guernsey as well - none of that weak as piss Jersey stuff.

A few things.

1. Sugar is a chemical.

2. Aspartame should be added to the conspiralooney thread :Old:. It's been tested extensively, in fact I believe more so than any other food substance in the past 20 years, and correlation does not mean causation.

The best response is to avoid anything contain Aspartame OR sugar in high doses.

9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Beware of mastitis though... There's a reason cows milk is pasteurised nowadays, and it ain't pretty. Better to avoid the stuff altogether, but that's just me and people can live their lives how they want.

1 hour ago, suzieq said:

Eugenics...with some depression thrown in for good measure...

Did you know that Aspartame literally turns into formaldehyde and methanol inside your body? It breaks down into, according to one paper, “phenylalanine (50%), aspartic acid (40%) and methanol (10%) during metabolism in the body. The excess of phenylalanine blocks the transport of important amino acids to the brain contributing to reduced levels of dopamine and serotonin.

http://www.naturalblaze.com/?s=aspartame

I seem to remember reading that 1 tomato or indeed 1 kiwifruit releases more methanol and more formaldeyhde in the gut than, I think, a 1kg (!) dose of aspartame. (Cant remember the exact figures but they're around if interested).

1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

I seem to remember reading that 1 tomato or indeed 1 kiwifruit releases more methanol and more formaldeyhde in the gut than, I think, a 1kg (!) dose of aspartame. (Cant remember the exact figures but they're around if interested).

I knew it. It's that fruit stuff that fucks you up.

41 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Thats because Holstein-Fresians knock out white water rather than milk.

15 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

A few things.

1. Sugar is a chemical.

2. Aspartame should be added to the conspiralooney thread :Old:. It's been tested extensively, in fact I believe more so than any other food substance in the past 20 years, and correlation does not mean causation.

The best response is to avoid anything contain Aspartame OR sugar in high doses.

Beware of mastitis though... There's a reason cows milk is pasteurised nowadays, and it ain't pretty. Better to avoid the stuff altogether, but that's just me and people can live their lives how they want.

Also Pasteurisation was one of the main controls on the spread of Bovine TB.

3 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Also Pasteurisation was one of the main controls on the spread of Bovine TB.

True, but it's an aftereffect. The main factor in spreading M. bovis seems to be intensive farming for profit: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/news/research/title_480545_en.html

Better to avoid supporting that sort of industry imo.

9 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I wonder if there is anyone on earth who has consumed 1kg of aspartame. My very rough calculations suggest that you'd need to drink about 25x 2l bottles of Coke to get to that.

I make it more like 900 2L bottles of coke so you'd need to be drinking 5L a day to eat 1kg of aspartame in a year assuming that was your only source of it.