• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Second Passports

The local new is banging on about Brits getting second passports so they can continue to enjoy the "benefits" of being EU citizens... One stupid woman was saying she "didn't want to be stuck on an island". 

Imho, anyone with a second passport shouldn't be getting the rights associated with being a UK citizen. They clearly have divided loyalties and should fuck off.

Just now, Great Guy said:

The local new is banging on about Brits getting second passports so they can continue to enjoy the "benefits" of being EU citizens... One stupid woman was saying she "didn't want to be stuck on an island". 

Imho, anyone with a second passport shouldn't be getting the rights associated with being a UK citizen. They clearly have divided loyalties and should fuck off.

Plenty of countries allow you to hold more than one passport. I'm entitled to an Irish one, can't be bothered to go through the palaver of applying at the moment but if it conferred any advantages to me in the future I'd consider it, doesn't mean I don't consider myself any less British.

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

What exactly are these benefits?  Were they detailed?  

Second passport! I’m obviously behind the times. I haven’t had a first passport for over ten years. No point having one if you can’t use it due to low income/capital.

Stuck on an island? If she has a passport and money to venture away she’s lucky IMO. Of course she can’t understand my world view.

Overall, despite its faults, I do think I’m lucky in life’s lottery to be born and living in the UK. It could be better though but I’m under no illusions that life could be considerably worse!

Just now, One percent said:

Well one stupid bint thought without the EU she wouldn't be allowed to leave Britain. A fruit farmer also thought without the EU fruit wouldn't be picked.

tbh, I'm just getting fucked off with these scare stories and vested interests bleating. I'd be fairly relaxed if industries like fruit farming were scaled back in the UK... Fruit farmers pay fuck all in tax and suck up billions in benefits for their migrant workers... Fruit farming is an industry that makes the country poorer....

The scare stories are stupid, I agree. I thought they were going to have some arrangement to allow temporary workers for farms as its seasonal - either that or they will have to pay enough to entice the local population to want to pick strawberries.

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Only 20% of local newspapers are 'independant' and only 14% of local commercial radio stations are independant.

Which is why my local one spouts absolute shite when it comes to their 'so-called' news which is bordering on social manipulation.

So who does own the 'news' in the UK, have a skim through the report below.

http://www.mediareform.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Who_owns_the_UK_media-report_plus_appendix1.pdf

Did you know that Channel 5 is owned by a US Corporation.

Traditional newspapers are seeing and average decline of 7% per year.

SKY owned by US Corporation FOX is seeing sales rise by £1Bn every year.

BBCs revenue is dropping by £300M every year.

The report is well juicy for info.

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

Well one stupid bint thought without the EU she wouldn't be allowed to leave Britain. A fruit farmer also thought without the EU fruit wouldn't be picked.

tbh, I'm just getting fucked off with these scare stories and vested interests bleating. I'd be fairly relaxed if industries like fruit farming were scaled back in the UK... Fruit farmers pay fuck all in tax and suck up billions in benefits for their migrant workers... Fruit farming is an industry that makes the country poorer....

Personally as an older indigenous uk person I’d be happy to do a temporary fruit/veg picking job if the wage was half decent. I’m not greedy but £12 per hour is the minimum in my mind. Less than that isn’t worth my while. 

Of course the whining passport “lady” would never consider doing such a menial task to buy her basics. Privileged whining piece of shit IMO with no understanding or empathy about life.

6 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Personally as an older indigenous uk person I’d be happy to do a temporary fruit/veg picking job if the wage was half decent. I’m not greedy but £12 per hour is the minimum in my mind. Less than that isn’t worth my while. 

Of course the whining passport “lady” would never consider doing such a menial task to buy her basics. Privileged whining piece of shit IMO with no understanding or empathy about life.

Personally, I wouldn't want an hourly wage for fruit picking.

I'd want piece work.

I can out pick most fekkers and I don't want to earn the same as the slow and idle buggers.

Edited by Hopeful

26 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Feck off.

I want a Swiss passport, and I’ve paid more tax in both countries than many pay in a lifetime.Why shouldn’t I have rights in both countries?

30 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

This was the Scottish news with the German burd whose lived here for ages whinging about her two kids being stuck here on this island with no freedoms anymore of who they fell in love with ?

Nauseating.

However as per the below - if I can get a second passport and it would make something easier then I would have no problem with that. 

Happy to be selfish on occasion.:D

26 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Plenty of countries allow you to hold more than one passport. I'm entitled to an Irish one, can't be bothered to go through the palaver of applying at the moment but if it conferred any advantages to me in the future I'd consider it, doesn't mean I don't consider myself any less British.

Tbh, the UK shouldn't really be supporting jobs that haven't changed much for the last 500 years... Spending your working life in the pissing rain and hunched over has to give you long term health problems...

Get rid of the migrants and farmers will have to pay decent wages to Brits (any farmers reading this should realise £5 an hour is not good money). Farmers are then more likely to invest in robotic fruit picking... IMHO, it would probably be quite easy to build an apple picking robot.... 

2 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Feck off.

I want a Swiss passport, and I’ve paid more tax in both countries than many pay in a lifetime.Why shouldn’t I have rights in both countries?

To be fair if you had seen this piece you would understand Great guys anger. It was horrendous TV. 

There was nobody just saying if I can do it why not. It was full on the world is going to end it's all nasty Brexit's fault. Poor wee me. 

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

Personally, I wouldn't want an hourly wage for fruit picking. I'd want piece work.

I can out pick most fekkers and I don't want to earn the same as the slow and idle buggers.

I’ll concede that you would most likely pick more than I would per hour. I’d want a sly roll up a few times per hour at least :)

What a world ordinary people have to inhabit when we nitpick about a meagre wage to pay for basic living expenses for fruit/veg picking. Lucky you if can dictate what you’re paid. Admiration from me for getting to that scenario. I haven’t progressed from taken what the rate is for the job.

I think I’m very talented in life in a variety of areas but none of my talents are well paid. Isn’t that the fate of the masses?

4 minutes ago, ccc said:

To be fair if you had seen this piece you would understand Great guys anger. It was horrendous TV. 

There was nobody just saying if I can do it why not. It was full on the world is going to end it's all nasty Brexit's fault. Poor wee me. 

Yeah, the brexit vote was the best part of two years ago now. Yet we're still getting hysterical news articles about how it wasn't fair/ it was Russian trolls/ it was Facebook/ brexiters are stupid/ no one will pick our fruit.

It really is getting to the point where people should be fucking off if they don't like Brexit. 

11 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I’ll concede that you would most likely pick more than I would per hour. I’d want a sly roll up a few times per hour at least :)

What a world ordinary people have to inhabit when we nitpick about a meagre wage to pay for basic living expenses for fruit/veg picking. Lucky you if can dictate what you’re paid. Admiration from me for getting to that scenario. I haven’t progressed from taken what the rate is for the job.

I think I’m very talented in life in a variety of areas but none of my talents are well paid. Isn’t that the fate of the masses?

I don't see it as nit picking, a person would be free to earn more than they could on a fixed wage simply because others would earn less. And if I saw someone earning more than me, I'd pick even faster and in that way dictate what I'm paid.

I just don't want to be held back or sub others who don't pull their weight. Leveling the playing field with an hourly wage is where the inequality lies.

In otherwords, I wouldn't want my earning potential lessened because someone else needed a sly roll up a few times per hour.

Perhaps that is unfair in a fluffy world where everyone has to be supported, however idle they are.

I'm only referring to those who can work but choose not to. Those who pick lots of fruit and those who pick less.

It's not about the sum, I earn fekk all, it's about my labour not subbing others.

Edited by Hopeful

12 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Yeah, the brexit vote was the best part of two years ago now. Yet we're still getting hysterical news articles about how it wasn't fair/ it was Russian trolls/ it was Facebook/ brexiters are stupid/ no one will pick our fruit.

It really is getting to the point where people should be fucking off if they don't like Brexit. 

I always point out to people if the result was the opposite you just would not be seeing the same sort of constant whining. 

Many would be annoyed but they would just get on with it. 

3 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I really can’t recall anything like we’ve been subjected to over the past few years starting with the Scottish referendum, then Brexit and Trump winning an election. Accusations that you’re thick, manipulated or racist if you didn’t vote for the “right” thing from some anti democratic people and groups.

I have always understood that you go and put a cross on a paper (or you can spoil it as I’ve often done) and the most votes preside. What don’t people understand? I hated New Labour and had to put up with them for years but accepted that the majority voted for them and never whined about it.

As it happens I did put a cross on the paper to vote Brexit and I’m sick to death of all the whining against my choice.

Personally I think western civilisation is declining and will be toast one day. I worry about the future for my kids and other young folks.

If politicians offer a referendum they should listen to the people’s (unexpected) vote and not conspire in delivering a status quo deal. It’s not going to end well IMO

20 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I don't see it as nit picking, a person would be free to earn more than they could on a fixed wage simply because others would earn less. And if I saw someone earning more than me, I'd pick even faster and in that way dictate what I'm paid.

I just don't want to be held back or sub others who don't pull their weight. Leveling the playing field with an hourly wage is where the inequality lies.

In otherwords, I wouldn't want my earning potential lessened because someone else needed a sly roll up a few times per hour.

Perhaps that is unfair in a fluffy world where everyone has to be supported, however idle they are.

I'm only referring to those who can work but choose not to. Those who pick lots of fruit and those who pick less.

It's not about the sum, I earn fekk all, it's about my labour not subbing others.

:)

Oh well, let’s be thankful that we weren’t born in a shithole country where we have to walk miles daily to get water from a place where animals piss and shit.

Yep, I’m a hindrance in a team or in minimum wage scenario circumstances because I do like my roll ups!

I totally agree with your last sentence. I also earn feck all but resent subsidising those who have done no work at all.

Overall, I hate the world and think it’s a fucking shithole. If I knew what I knew now 25 years ago I would never have brought my son and daughter into being. Their prospects are not good!

4 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

If politicians offer a referendum they should listen to the people’s (unexpected) vote and not conspire in delivering a status quo deal. It’s not going to end well IMO

They’re not used to it, it’s an affront to their enormous egos, they have no belief in democracy at all. 

Brit politicians operate on the basis that they can get elected then act like Arabian princes and do whatever they want, their main goal is a chimpish desire to join the elite and raise themselves above the poor common ill-educated plebs.

Swiss politicians get results they don’t want all the time which they then have to act on, they’re no less cuntish than Brit ones, everyone is human, but they can’t dictate, they have to persuade/bribe/delay etc, the people simply have immeasurably more power than they do in the UK and the politicians simply have to live with it. Flip side is that the people have to live for at least a while with the responsibility of voting for anything shit, so over time the population becomes very conservative. 

Spread the word. #SwissdemocracyfortheUK

15 minutes ago, davidg said:

Have you asked?

In process. Only just eligible after 12 years plus lots of other criteria. Complicated.....

22 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I really can’t recall anything like we’ve been subjected to over the past few years starting with the Scottish referendum, then Brexit and Trump winning an election. Accusations that you’re thick, manipulated or racist if you didn’t vote for the “right” thing from some anti democratic people and groups.

The thing is, Bremain were making hysterical predictions about immediate collapse the day after a brexit vote. We voted brexit and..... Nothing much happened.... You can't continually predict calamity and be taken seriously....

tbh, I'm getting to the stage where I don't want to buy fruit grown in the UK as I dont want to support hysterical British fruit farmers...

The remoaners kept harping on about thick, uneducated etc. etc.  Brexiteers who apparently didn't know what they were voting for.

But, just exactly what does 'educated ' mean?

The fact that you went to college and got a decree in one subject does not make you a Polymath.

Many graduates are thick as shit in many areas outside their academic discipline.

The disadvantage of college is that you are jumbled together with a lot of other gullible young people, taught that you are the brightest and best, yet in the end your views and opinions follow the herd just as much as the hoodies on a sink estate.

Remainers didn't know what they were voting for and we should shout that out loud.

4 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, the UK shouldn't really be supporting jobs that haven't changed much for the last 500 years... Spending your working life in the pissing rain and hunched over has to give you long term health problems...

Get rid of the migrants and farmers will have to pay decent wages to Brits (any farmers reading this should realise £5 an hour is not good money). Farmers are then more likely to invest in robotic fruit picking... IMHO, it would probably be quite easy to build an apple picking robot.... 

I knew someone who installed or fixed or something car wash machines.  They're all turned off now (apparently), because they can't compete with the hand-car wash / minimum wage / tax credits / money laundering setups.  

It all seems a bit backwards to me.