• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

It seems some prominet remainer MP's are trying to smear Leave.EU as a covert far right group masquerading as a pro brexit facebook group.

I have been follwing this group on facebook and it has millions of followers and is always the go to place to reafirm that i am not alone in my political views re brexit.

I can see another attempt to outlaw a group that does not follow the official narrative. 

Here is the story 

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/cross-party-anger-at-probrexit-groups-offensive-tweet-36757686.html

The All Party Parliamentary Group for British Muslims has called on Leave.EU to withdraw the “inflammatory” post and apologise.

Tory MP and co-chairman of the APPG for British Muslims, Anna Soubry, said: “This tweet is thoroughly distasteful and offensive. It is also nothing to do with leaving the EU.

“It is however proof that Leave.EU is a front organisation for a far-right group that is more interested in spreading hatred and creating division than upholding British values of respect and tolerance.”

Edited by WorkingPoor

Forget censorship, that’s just a downright nasty post. The idea that all muslims are set against all Jews is just plain wrong. That’s not to say the Labour Party May calculate it that way but that’s different from how real people on the ground are behaving.

(cough) Arab-Israeli conflict

I haven't read Anna Soubry's full response, but I am assuming that it included something along the lines of "British Muslims feel an empathy towards their fellow Jewish citizens and stand with them". Didn't it? Surely, it did.. Hmm.

The so-called "left" are - normally - the ones pushing identity politics and it wasn't going to end well. Whether it's pitting transvestites against feminists or Jews against Arabs. It's called multicultural for a reason. That works pretty well as long as there isn't much multiculturalism.

FWIW I don't personally believe that Steptoe is on any particular "side" here. He's just a pathetically weak man and not a leader. Someone who knows how to fish out injustices and be indignant about them and seek an underdog to represent against an enemy, while offering nothing particularly useful and presiding over a party comprised partially of members who are only too keen to fall into the same trap of "seeking a victim to represent". Hello, David Lammy. You utter, utter waste of potential talent. Lots of energy and determination, but severely deficient in intellect.

Nobody, literally nobody, is suggesting that it is impossible for a transvestite and a feminist to get along. Just as literally nobody would suggest that it is impossible for an Arab and a Jew to get along just fine. At the micro level. Where the "labels" fall away and two humans interact.

There are some things about which I feel particularly strongly. I have pondered the idea of reaching out to some groups which ally with my own views. I do believe strongly in leaving the EU.

But, what I'll call the "scope creep" of such groups, *possibly* revealing wider views, does not attract me. For example I wouldn't have posted that graphic. It is simply not useful nor helpful even though I see precisely what it's getting at. I am not on the "side" of Jews nor Muslims and would not wish to be seen as such. I am on nobody's "side" other than those who wish to leave the EU.

I would instead prefer to attack Steptoe's Labour Party on its position as regards leaving the EU. Because it doesn't have one and has acted duplicitously and, IMO, dangerously, indeed traitorously, throughout.

4 hours ago, DTMark said:

I haven't read Anna Soubry's full response, but I am assuming that it included something along the lines of "British Muslims feel an empathy towards their fellow Jewish citizens and stand with them". Didn't it? Surely, it did.. Hmm.

The so-called "left" are - normally - the ones pushing identity politics and it wasn't going to end well. Whether it's pitting transvestites against feminists or Jews against Arabs. It's called multicultural for a reason. That works pretty well as long as there isn't much multiculturalism.

FWIW I don't personally believe that Steptoe is on any particular "side" here. He's just a pathetically weak man and not a leader. Someone who knows how to fish out injustices and be indignant about them and seek an underdog to represent against an enemy, while offering nothing particularly useful and presiding over a party comprised partially of members who are only too keen to fall into the same trap of "seeking a victim to represent". Hello, David Lammy. You utter, utter waste of potential talent. Lots of energy and determination, but severely deficient in intellect.

Nobody, literally nobody, is suggesting that it is impossible for a transvestite and a feminist to get along. Just as literally nobody would suggest that it is impossible for an Arab and a Jew to get along just fine. At the micro level. Where the "labels" fall away and two humans interact.

There are some things about which I feel particularly strongly. I have pondered the idea of reaching out to some groups which ally with my own views. I do believe strongly in leaving the EU.

But, what I'll call the "scope creep" of such groups, *possibly* revealing wider views, does not attract me. For example I wouldn't have posted that graphic. It is simply not useful nor helpful even though I see precisely what it's getting at. I am not on the "side" of Jews nor Muslims and would not wish to be seen as such. I am on nobody's "side" other than those who wish to leave the EU.

I would instead prefer to attack Steptoe's Labour Party on its position as regards leaving the EU. Because it doesn't have one and has acted duplicitously and, IMO, dangerously, indeed traitorously, throughout.

Lammt doesnot have any talent.

Sure hes been sent to some proper schools and the like but I think someone was hired to do the exams.

He is one of the thickest Pols going. Terrible.

5 hours ago, DTMark said:

On the flip side you have to fight fire with fire. You cannot reason with someone who does not want to be reasoned with. 

7 hours ago, DTMark said:

I feel your pain Mark. I had a discussion with my parents the other day that pretty much confirmed to me what I would have suspected had I devoted any time to thinking about it - that they actually are the racist old bigots as described by Vince Cable, and they thought or hoped that by voting Brexit that they would not only get to wave goodbye to every immigrant to these shores since the end of WW2 but they would get to kick them up the arse on the way out.

It's awkward to say the least.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

Tory MP and co-chairman of the APPG for British Muslims, Anna Soubry, said: “This tweet is thoroughly distasteful and offensive. It is also nothing to do with leaving the EU.

That's rich.

Since when have the Conservatives had anything to do with conservatism,  Labour anything to do with labour and LibDems anything to do with liberalism or democracy.  The list goes on.

If the tweet is true then her attitude is grossly offensive in its censorship.

Leave.eu should clarify the tweet's connection with its group and its aims.  I suppose it might start by saying it exposes the motivations and hypocrisy of Labour - a hypocrisy that might risk Brexit and the exit negotiations if Labour is in a position to influence them.  Maybe through political pressure, back door deals or in a 2nd referendum etc.

From their web site.

The campaign is remaining active throughout the UK’s exit negotiations to make sure that those in power get the best deal possible for the UK.

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)

His tweet is quite revealing and some would say it's even got threatening undertones against political free speech - hate crime against free speech.  Maybe the contents of the leave.eu tweet are true for the vote garnering motivations of all the main parties and too true for the LibLabCon taste .  Conservatives have had a go and now Labour so when is Sir Vincent Cable of the LibDems going to wade in on the subject and is it anything to do with his blue passports, pink maps, pensioners and the eu referendum.

It's grossly offensive that the British people have to put up with such people running things.

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)

They are now going to go after Leave.EU having been sucessful in banning Britain First and TR from facebook and twitter.

Leave.EU is the next target for them because it has a huge social media following 

Reading the 1000's of comments always brings a swell of pride 

They really do want to silence the british public by removing any places they can voice their opinions freely.

In America they have true free speech in the UK there is no such thing anymore it has been legislated against to a great extent, virtually anything can be construed as a hate crime and as demonstrated there are those who will capitalise on it for political ends. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

It seems that the ire directed against Leave.EU means that there's a great deal of truth in the assertion that Labour are throwing Jews under the bus in favour of their bloc Muslim vote. As they said in WW2- the flak's always heaviest when you're over the target!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Anglepoise said:

It seems that the ire directed against Leave.EU means that there's a great deal of truth in the assertion that Labour are throwing Jews under the bus in favour of their bloc Muslim vote. As they said in WW2- the flak's always heaviest when you're over the target!

Yes I think the truth in the tweet wasn't to the taste of Conservative Soubry or to Labour's Lammy for that matter.  It was too close to the truth for both parties - better cover it up and put a tarp over it.

In fact the tweet complained about anti-semitism but of course politicians will twist anything to their own agenda.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

That i find very offensive ..as someone who voted to leave as that`s depicting me and everyone else who voted to leave as a racist 

Wasn't that the point? You are all racist for complaining about mass immigration, wanting it to stop. That said Indians are not really the problem.

The Leave.EU poster is truthful, Labour have been chasing the Muslim vote, have been actively encouraging immigration, engaged in ethnic cleansing - the Jewish vote,  more savvy and more discerning, is not large enough to chase when you have a community that does as its told and the postal vote.

What Labour don't realise is that in time their usefulness will over and new parties will emerge catering to their own.

42 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Wasn't that the point? You are all racist for complaining about mass immigration, wanting it to stop. That said Indians are not really the problem.

The Leave.EU poster is truthful, Labour have been chasing the Muslim vote, have been actively encouraging immigration, engaged in ethnic cleansing - the Jewish vote,  more savvy and more discerning, is not large enough to chase when you have a community that does as its told and the postal vote.

What Labour don't realise is that in time their usefulness will over and new parties will emerge catering to their own.

Without a doubt .it`s the hypocrisy i was alluding to (badly ) but yes i agree with the rest it`s been obvious to me what labour were up to from the day i saw a white female  Labour councilor on the tv canvasing in a hijab in the same ward Nick Griffin won back in 2009/10 ish