• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

SNACR

Pictures for my offices

I need some decent prints/pictures for my offices, something cool. Obviously, if I had my first choice, I'd blu tack some centrefolds up, for a garage in a railway arch vibe but, apparently that's not the done thing these days.

The standard approach for big corporates is to have some arty photos taken of the HQ blown up and stuck on the walls. I suppose it's to let the inmates see the outside of their prison.

Personally I recommend pictures of bacon.

4 minutes ago, eight said:

I dunno, if you did it in some kind of post-modernist/ironic way you could probably pick up some kind of marketing award.

Mmm, maybe some giant papier mache tits sculpted using only paper from page 3 as a base material and breast milk for a binding agent.

1 minute ago, The Prick said:

Got any tasty birds there?  You could get some arty shots done of them, ya know....tasteful like.  

Young women frighten me. I've found in the past there's a risk of getting cornered whilst they try and do a sex to me.

Just think of England and go with it when they force themselves onto you sexually.  That's my recommendation 

Arrange a competition with a local primary school to produce a picture that represents your business, then choose a few 'winners' (the acceptable ones) and get them blown up.  You might as well have that crap as any other crap, but there is a chance you could get some free media coverage from it.

[don't do this if you're running an abattoir.]

For cool, vinyl can work quite well - should be cheap too and you can go large without huge cost,  can use simple line art of your choice to create the effect you want, easier to get a consistent feel rather than struggling to get prints/photos/other artwork to look coherent. You can get vinyls of all types with adhesive backing to match requires - permanent/semi-permanent/no doubt wall art specific grades too. Pretty easy to apply too, would need flat(ish) walls.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cool+pictures&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiZ4rmRq7XTAhXKD8AKHRKfBXIQ_AUIBigB&biw=1262&bih=648#tbm=isch&q=cool+wall+art+vinyl

59 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I need some decent prints/pictures for my offices, something cool. Obviously, if I had my first choice, I'd blu tack some centrefolds up, for a garage in a railway arch vibe but, apparently that's not the done thing these days.

Cooler than British Leyland car door handles? Big ask.

How about a full set of Find Madeleine posters to coincide with the 10th anniversary? You could probably garner some cred from the tabloids for never having given up hope.

_44180244_poster_203.jpg

Edited by eight

2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Grab a few images from pinterest (or even just google images) and get them printed up. I like a good shipwreck personally:

Yes, shipwrecks are a good theme. Get this one blown up for the works canteen.

http://i3.birminghammail.co.uk/incoming/article169210.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/the-zeebrugge-ferry-distaster-where-the-herald-of-free-enterprise-capsized-38943115.jpg

Edited by Happy Renting

My advice is to get a Chromecast - the collection of pictures it uses as a screensaver are quite eclectic so there should be something you like. The 'what's on my Chromecast' function normally takes you to a site where you can buy a print.

9 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Get each member of staff to submit their favourite holiday landscape picture and then get them made up into canvas prints

www.swiftprintuk.com

£25 each for 20" x 30" and the quality is excellent.

Failing that, go for this kind of thing

underachievementpenguindemotivator.jpeg?

I love these type of posters. Some real funny ones out there 😁