• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
man o' the year

Just back from Church

Recommended Posts

Just wondered how many have been to church today. We are regulars but it was great to see maybe 500 people or so there today. To be fair this was the only service today as the usual evening service was not on. Energetic vibrant and LOUD would best describe the atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, man o' the year said:

Just wondered how many have been to church today. We are regulars but it was great to see maybe 500 people or so there today. To be fair this was the only service today as the usual evening service was not on. Energetic vibrant and LOUD would best describe the atmosphere.

Other than Christenings and funerals, I haven't attended a church service in donkeys years.

Yet this morning I actually thought about going.

As a dyed-in-the-wool heathen, I'm a little bemused by that.

I didn't go, but that I seriously thought about it for ten minutes was a bit of a surprise to say the least.

Maybe I need a little Jesus in my life...

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell them it's full of single mental women and you'll increase attendance by, er,............, I don't know,...............most of this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Tell them it's full of single mental women and you'll increase attendance by, er,............, I don't know,...............most of this forum.

Church is full of those.

They are called widows - and they bake nice scones...!

;)

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Church is full of those.

They are called widows - and they bake nice scones...!

;)

 

XYY

I bet they only let the Chads have jam on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Soon it might be the only place to go and whisper about the truth.

The boss's son had something to say about that in his biography...

 

 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

 

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

The boss's son had something to say about that...

 

 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

 

XYY

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

The boss's son had something to say about that in his biography...

 

 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

 

XYY

Also, judging from his behaviour in the temple, if he was alive today, he’d be tweeting links to Moneymasters videos, on Youtube, at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I attended a church service was Easter Sunday 3 years ago when I was in San Francisco.

It was in the tenderloin neighbourhood which is a bit rough but the service itself was impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Also, judging from his behaviour in the temple, if he was alive today, he’d be tweeting links to Moneymasters videos, on Youtube, at the very least.

Is two quid and a penny actually Jesus then...?

;)

 

Untitled.thumb.png.cef0559f8b84bb8167dcb

201p

Members

 

 

EDIT: @201p

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
Wouldn't want the gadgie to think I was talking about him behind his back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

So were 'we' supposed to save Jesus from being crucified rather than lead it to his dad? 

 

I think we should get the whole lot of them, God, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, on Jeremy Kyle, as at the very least there’s a serious paternity issue that needs getting to the bottom of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SNACR said:

I think we should get the whole lot of them, God, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, on Jeremy Kyle, as at the very least there’s a serious paternity issue that needs getting to the bottom of.

As long as they have better teeth than the last people I saw on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

As long as they have better teeth than the last people I saw on it.

Given he can turn water into wine and churn out infinite smoked salmon sarnies I reckon there’d be minimum some obesity and alcohol dependency issues too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He's not the Messiah, I'm just a "naughty boy"

Father, says to "go forth and multiply."

Well he took this literally http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069768/We-told-forth-multiply-Feckless-father-16s-biblical-excuse-blames-mothers-children-taking-pill.html

^ His name is Cumming, who has fathered 16 children - now isn't that proof?

---

Do not worship materialism, or now - social mediasm.

If I gave you a lottery win of £20m. most people would go out and buy a house and fly around the world. But in 100 years that wouldn't matter. 

You could instead think - Ah I could go and have a really big family, and maybe have 10 children. Look at those that have "made it" financially. Those that are the westernised elite - they don't have many children either even with net worth's of £100m+

Your gene line will be the only thing that matters in 100 years.

---

If you seek God, I have no doubt "God" will not be hiding in a cave, or on top of some remote mountain. It would be the remote parts of the internet. The internet surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds us together. What better way of spreading His Word?

500?cb=20111115052816

Edited by 201p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Is two quid and a penny actually Jesus then...?

;)

 

Untitled.thumb.png.cef0559f8b84bb8167dcb

201p

Members

 

 

EDIT: @201p

XYY

:)

I'll take your "like" as confirmation that I have not offended you in any way, shape, or form...?

Hope you "get" me well-enough to know that is never my intent.

You are our very-own version of cgnao - and as such, I commend you to the house as a valuable member of DOSBODs...!!!

:)

 

EDIT: Quite frankly, DOSBODs needs more Eric Pebble-a-likes....

 

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

The last time I set foot in a church was when my father died 30 years ago.

And that will be the last time I set foot in a church.

Easy tiger - we in the church of the Third Reich like to kiss and make-up with as many of our former brethren as possible.

Now what was your Waffen SS id-card number...?

;)

 

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.