• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
M S E Refugee

Overrated Comedians and Comediennes

French & Saunders. They perfected the "Let's do a spoof of some current film but won't it be funny if some fat English birds do it in a silly way!" thing IMPO. Made them a fortune though so at least they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Lenny Henry also IMPO. Stephen K. Amos IMPO also.

I am going to stop now as this post will just become longer and longer.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

French & Saunders. They perfected the "Let's do a spoof of some current film but won't it be funny if some fat English birds do it in a silly way!" thing IMPO. Made them a fortune though so at least they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Oh god yes Lenny Henry.

I came here to write that but you beat me to it.

ETA my contribution: pretty much the whole crop of BBC “comedians” at the moment.

Edited by Melchett

It’s very subjective so it can only ever really be your own personal taste. There’s clearly a large audience for Mrs Brown’s Boys but, personally, I find it about as funny as a child abduction.

Edited by SNACR

I used to find French and Saunders hilarious but as soon as they went down the lazy film parody route they ceased to be even mildly amusing.

Another vote for Russell Howard.

I don't think Lenny Henry counts as a comedian these days, very successful and apparently excellent actor.

I will also take it upon myself to broaden the thread to excellent current ones: John Finnimore and Miles Jupp.

I'll also add - isn't it odd how the first wave of 'alternative' comedians, basically the Comic Strip lot, are now being seen as outdated and every 'ist' or 'ism' by our modern SJW comedians? It really is true that the left always eats itself in the end.

31 minutes ago, SNACR said:

It’s very subjective so it can only ever really be your own personal taste. There’s clearly a large audience for Mrs Brown’s Boys but, personally, I find it about as funny as a child abduction.

Without a doubt this^^^^^^  The Office is raved about and highly acclaimed (they can`t all be wrong) but i just don`t find it remotely  funny...perhaps you need to have experienced a office environment which i never have 

36 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Without a doubt this^^^^^^  The Office is raved about and highly acclaimed (they can`t all be wrong) but i just don`t find it remotely  funny...perhaps you need to have experienced a office environment which i never have 

Me too. I was working in an office when it was at the height of its mania (the only three years in my life that I have). People used to like showing clips of it in meetings and whatnot. It never raised a single smile from me. It doesn't help that I find Ricky Gervais unwatchable to the point of wanting to punch him, but even when he wasn't on screen...  not a titter from me.

59 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Oh, and any female comedian who used feminism and/or being overweight as the basis of her act.

That’ll be Jo Brand then!!! So unfunny.

I came on to say Lenny Henry however others rightly got there first. Chip on his shoulder.

Just about everyone named so far, plus

Gina Yashere

John Bishop

Andi Osho

'I'm an Iranian' Omid Djalili

Michael MacIntyre

Edited by Panther

Jerry Sadowitz calls Michael MacIntyre "that rubbery faced cunt".

:D

23 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Marcus Brigstocke.

To be fair I've only actually seen him once, but I wanted to twat him on that occasion, so he's on my list.

Yes definitely Marcus Brigstocke. James Corden is another talentless twat. I didn't used to like Ricky Gervais but having watch his "Humanity" tour on Netflix I have revised my opinion of him somewhat.

Punt and Dennis - used to find them amusing but they are so anti-Brexit on the Now show I can't listen to it anymore. 

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Watch some Reeves and Mortimer - you soft-as-shite Welsh cunt...!

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Lee Hurst.

But for my own personal reasons.

Sadly I do find him very funny though so I have a bit of a dichotomy with this.

Read his tweets.