• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

bandwagon

Oldham MP Jim McMahon said in a statement that last year a man was struck by a rock which was thrown through the tram window at the same location.

“I, along with local residents and councillors, have been raising complaints about anti-social behaviour on the track for years. We have specifically highlighted this station as a hot spot where young people gather creating a threatening environment for passengers going to and from the tram station.”
http://aboutmanchester.co.uk/police-hunts-three-thugs-who-attacked-a-man-leaving-him-for-dead-at-a-metrolink-stop/

29571313_1905490799485350_58984707056956

Years ago I came to realise that it wasn't the ability to complain that was useful -- it was the ability to come up with solutions.  Complaining is free, easy and useless.  Being able to solve problems is hard and takes lots of effort to actually do.

Our politicians seem to be experts at the complaining side.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

Years ago I came to realise that it wasn't the ability to complain that was useful -- it was the ability to come up with solutions.  Complaining is free, easy and useless.  Being able to solve problems is hard and takes lots of effort to actually do.

Our politicians seem to be experts at the complaining side.

Yes he's been aware of the problems for years... and has been unable to come up with a solution!

There are several but they'd all cost the council money which might stop them pulling half the town centre down and building some more useless stuff. Oldham seems very fond of Landbanking and  not letting the private sector do stuff of it's own bat. (back? Oh I've no idea today,)

Edited by sarahbell