• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Won’t someone think of the children

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/apr/02/teachers-warn-of-growing-poverty-crisis-in-british-schools

Extreme child poverty is worsening across the UK, with schools increasingly forced to fill in the gaps being left by councils and social services budget cuts, school leaders have said.

Headteachers from schools in deprived areas of England, Wales and Northern Ireland say they are having to provide basic services such as washing school uniforms for pupils from poor households, and are even paying for budget advice and counselling services for parents.

Teachers and school leaders also said they were regularly providing sanitary products such as tampons for pupils, buying shoes and coats in winter, and in some cases giving emergency loans in cash to families.

firstly, I don’t believe this for a minute, unless the parents are spending it all on booze, fags and sky, which maybe the case. 

So, what’s the agenda?  Trying to reverse the modest Bennie cuts coming?

(16 hours a week) + (magic money from the state) = poverty ?

This is not a shortage of cash - its a shortage of common sense and basic money management.

WTF are these parents spending the money on.

Wilkins Micawber would have had a thing or two to say about this....

The issue here is that the So-Called BBC seems to think that the solution is to give the parents more cash.

P.

Edited by Bornagain

6 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

This is not a shortage of cash - its a shortage of common sense and basic money management.

The issue here is that the So-Called BBC seems to think that the solution is to give the parents more cash.

P.

It’s in all the papers which makes me think that it is agenda driven 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

It’s in all the papers which makes me think that it is agenda driven 

No doubt about it.

In my case I think about my child a great deal and work hard to make sure she has everything she needs to become a sound young adult.

Maybe others could to do the same??? Oh and maybe not have more kids than they can properly look after??????

Edited by JackieO

1 minute ago, JackieO said:

No doubt about it.

In my case I think about my child a great deal and work hard to make sure she has everything she needs to become a sound young adult.

Maybe others could to do the same??? Oh not have more kids than they can properly look after?

I guess your attitude is shaped by the reason for having kids.

if you want them for just wanting to have a family, you will do your best by them.

if however, you have them as a meal ticket, for the bennies they will bring you, then perhaps your attitude towards them will be different. 

We are seeing the unintended consequence of a bonkers benefits system 

22 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

P.

Exactly.

Go on to entitledto (I fucking hate that they call it that) and plug in the details of someone with 2 kids doing the bare minimum of work to turn the taps on.

For extra rage increase the number of kids to 6.

Poverty?????

2 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

Exactly.

Go on to entitledto (I fucking hate that they call it that) and plug in the details of someone with 2 kids doing the bare minimum of work to turn the taps on.

For extra rage increase the number of kids to 6.

Poverty?????

Piss poor parenting. 

Im angry about this. My taxes are paying these people to do one job correctly and paying them more than I earn.  Yet they are not capable of feeding and clothing their children. Wtf do they do with their time and money?  

35 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

P.

take the money from the parents, and give it to the schools.

I'm increasingly of the opinion that the expansion of the lower classes is proactively encouraged purely as a lightning rod for the middle classes to shake their fists at, as without them, they might start shaking their fists at the elite.

They're certainly no longer needed to run the factories and they even becoming obsolete for fighting wars.

Edited by SNACR

1 hour ago, One percent said:

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/apr/02/teachers-warn-of-growing-poverty-crisis-in-british-schools

Extreme child poverty is worsening across the UK, with schools increasingly forced to fill in the gaps being left by councils and social services budget cuts, school leaders have said.

Headteachers from schools in deprived areas of England, Wales and Northern Ireland say they are having to provide basic services such as washing school uniforms for pupils from poor households, and are even paying for budget advice and counselling services for parents.

Teachers and school leaders also said they were regularly providing sanitary products such as tampons for pupils, buying shoes and coats in winter, and in some cases giving emergency loans in cash to families.

firstly, I don’t believe this for a minute, unless the parents are spending it all on booze, fags and sky, which maybe the case. 

Dumb teachers. Tring to score political points.

Look, any family with kids will be pulling in 1000-1500 in tax credits. Seriously.

They are first in the queue for council housing, so its not private rent.

Its not lack of money. Its what the parents are spending the money on.

Anycase such as this, or the 'I rely on the food bank; sob stories should involve the journalist going to the house and looking at the incomings and outgoings.

If the media had done that, rather than sitting there and letting idiots spoint BS, then it would be a different story.

21 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I'm increasingly of the opinion that the expansion of the lower classes is proactively encouraged purely as a lightning rod for the middle classes to shake their fists at, as without them, they might start shaking their fists at the elite.

They're certainly no longer needed to run the factories and they even becoming obsolete for fighting wars.

Theyve not really fought wars since WW2.

Weve not fought any war that required throwing masses of cannon fodder at the enemy.

And theyve not provided cheap labour since sometime in the mid 80s.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Dumb teachers. Tring to score political points.

Look, any family with kids will be pulling in 1000-1500 in tax credits. Seriously.

They are first in the queue for council housing, so its not private rent.

Its not lack of money. Its what the parents are spending the money on.

Anycase such as this, or the 'I rely on the food bank; sob stories should involve the journalist going to the house and looking at the incomings and outgoings.

If the media had done that, rather than sitting there and letting idiots spoint BS, then it would be a different story.

I'm still never really sure what on earth gives you the idea the media is on your side.

38 minutes ago, snagger said:

take the money from the parents, and give it to the schools.

Brown, in one of idiot messiah moments, was doing the 'Give money to the parents, they know whats best for their kids' routine.

Not really. The parents my partner deals with, time and time again, are fucking idiot kids. Thats the problems.

If tax credits were set up to provide a ~500/m boost to low income family working 40h then they would be fucking great.

As they are set up, it encourages everyone on them to be dependent on benefits and do fuck all when during the period when they are most likely to pickign up skills to keep them employed the rest of their life - 20s-40s.

1 minute ago, SNACR said:

I'm still never really sure what on earth gives you the idea the media is on your side.

Less sides, more about testing the claims.

All other media reporting - sya business or foreign policy, invovles speculating, challenging and testing.

When it comes to benefit sob stories, they just sit there whilst someone spouts crap - tax credit sad face woman.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Theyve not really fought wars since WW2.

Weve not fought any war that required throwing masses of cannon fodder at the enemy.

And theyve not provided cheap labour since sometime in the mid 80s.

There's still been a fairly significant requirements for the armed forces. Afghanistan probably wouldn't have been on the cards without a prole population to serve as human minesweepers.

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Less sides, more about testing the claims.

All other media reporting - sya business or foreign policy, invovles speculating, challenging and testing.

When it comes to benefit sob stories, they just sit there whilst someone spouts crap - tax credit sad face woman.

Like Polly Peck or the Salisbury poisoning thank god we've got media journalists to speculate, challenge and test on those.

2 hours ago, One percent said:

No extreme, feckless, moronic parenting is worsening across the UK.

Fuck sake, the amount of people with kids who are barely capable of wiping their own arses, let alone rearing children adequately is on the increase and has been for years. It's what happens when you remove responsibility and consequence from people's lives. The 'poverty' is a byproduct.

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Any child who turns up to school like this should immediately be taken into care along with any siblings, the parents put in gaol and only released if they agree to be sterilised 

And in the next cell should be Broon 

I’ve just plugged some information in the entitled to website on the following lines:

• renting in North Yorkshire at average rent for area, 800 pm
  • single parent
  • boy 12 girl 14
  • 20 hours minimum wage job
  • no disabilities 

the amount entitled to is

*drum roll*

440. Per week 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’ve just plugged some information in the entitled to website on the following lines:

• single parent
  • boy 12 girl 14
  • no disabilities 

*drum roll*

440. Per week 

Youa re not trying.

800 is v. high.

YCH will offer you a house @ 600/m.

Get both kids classed as ADHD - they ll fucking are. That would give you an extra 300/m.

Make up a disabilty for one of the prents. Fiblrymaglis, oor anxiety/depression. Get them on DLA - extra 200/m. Then get you downs as a carer, another 200/m

Your 1600/m can be exasily pushed over 2000/m.

Its when you see the figures you realise the insanity of what Brown did.

20 years ago thee would be in council accommodation on family allowance and a low paid 40h giving them ~1000/m

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

• single parent
  • boy 12 girl 14
  • no disabilities 

*drum roll*

440. Per week 

That, according to my fag packet calcs is a 'wage' of 28,608. 

On what far-flung planet is a yearly income of 28k known as poverty?