• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Chewing Grass

Musicians you really miss because they are dead

Jaco Pastorius - would have loved to have heard more collaborations with Joni. 

John Bonham - I was just getting into Zeppelin when John Bonham died. A powerhouse of a drummer. 

15 hours ago, Tabasco Kid said:

Jaco Pastorius - would have loved to have heard more collaborations with Joni. 

John Bonham - I was just getting into Zeppelin when John Bonham died. A powerhouse of a drummer. 

Yeah, amazing.

13 hours ago, MrPin said:

Probably mentioned it, but I actually knew her from Croydon.o.O

Interesting. I knew her a bit via her brother Neil who I in turn knew from a Cambridge band he played with. The couple of times I met her she was funny - very dry sense of humour. 

edit: Neil, not Ewan. D'oh.

Edited by TheBlueCat

13 hours ago, MrPin said:

Probably mentioned it, but I actually knew her from Croydon.o.O

Mr Pin, did you ever work in a chippy and sing Elvis songs?

On 30/04/2017 at 00:54, Economic Exile said:

I miss Freddie Mercury. Fab, over the top front man to a clever group of musicians. I like a lot of their songs.

IMO he was a deep down lonely guy who succumbed to a disease while on a quest to find "love".

Queen were outstanding at that live aid gig in the 80's?

Awesome band, great musicians. Freddie's voice and his showmanship fucking amazing

On 29/04/2017 at 00:38, ThePiltdownMan said:

Dio (although he did have a good innings as an artist)

Randy Roads, died too young due to someone showing off doing stunts with a plane

Great guitarist. Died too young. Talented guy :(

On 30/04/2017 at 00:54, Van Lady said:

I miss Freddie Mercury. Fab, over the top front man to a clever group of musicians. I like a lot of their songs.

IMO he was a deep down lonely guy who succumbed to a disease while on a quest to find "love".

Queen were outstanding at that live aid gig in the 80's?

Still penning original melodies when he died so I assume we have lost a few he would have written. Good original melodies have dried up in the pop scene in the 21st century.

Some interesting choices so far, i'd add a few obvious ones, Prince, Bowie, Michael Hutchence, Robert Palmer all taken from us way too soon, plus some cool early rock n rollers like Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly.

The one that hit me and i still miss a lot is George Michael, his musical output wasnt huge but the quality and heart and soul he put in to his work was outstanding. Its a real shame that Murdoch et al completly trashed him after the Beverley Hills incident and he was never the same basically a recluse, despite his seeming resilience in the media by way of self depreciating humour.

His later work and esp his vocal delivery holds up very well despite the abuse he seemingly put his body through with his drug use. RIP George, 53 is no age.

Here's his heartfelt cover of Elton John's 'Idol', well worth 5 mins of your time, it also has a lot of his idols in the clip, some will belong on this list..

https://g.co/kgs/D42Un3

3 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

Some interesting choices so far, i'd add a few obvious ones, Prince, Bowie, Michael Hutchence, Robert Palmer all taken from us way too soon, plus some cool early rock n rollers like Eddie Cochran, Buddy Holly.

The one that hit me and i still miss a lot is George Michael, his musical output wasnt huge but the quality and heart and soul he put in to his work was outstanding. Its a real shame that Murdoch et al completly trashed him after the Beverley Hills incident and he was never the same basically a recluse, despite his seeming resilience in the media by way of self depreciating humour.

His later work and esp his vocal delivery holds up very well despite the abuse he seemingly put his body through with his drug use. RIP George, 53 is no age.

Here's his heartfelt cover of Elton John's 'Idol', well worth 5 mins of your time, it also has a lot of his idols in the clip, some will belong on this list..

https://g.co/kgs/D42Un3

Yep George has been loved....

3 hours ago, Sugarlips said:

George Michael's passing was a big shock. :(

For me it's probably Prog Rock keyboard master Keith Emerson from Emerson Lake & Palmer. Keith died in March 2016 and fellow band member Greg lake (Bass/Guitar) died later on that year.