• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Thombleached

Apologies

If a few of you have noticed me perusing your profiles I'm not being a Bruno. 

Can't get used to my new phone and I'm constantly pressing on user's names instead of threads. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I do that all the time, even on my iPad with the bigger screen xD

Me too, I've disabled the feature on my profile for that reason.

Ditto, I tend to get a last minute "jump" on a lot of pages on my phone so my click goes that few mm astray.

Sometimes I end up clicking on the wrong story in The Sun three times on the trot.

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

I may appear to be doing that too, but actually I AM Bruno and I am making a spreadsheet of everything any of you has ever said.....

Venger?  Is that you?  

1 hour ago, Thombleached said:

Can't get used to my new phone and I'm constantly pressing on user's names instead of threads. 

I hope you haven't got a new umbrella as well...

3 hours ago, Thombleached said:

0515d4f2ee531c5084448d40823aeb1958eebe.jpg

For all those wondering what the hell this is about, 'Bruno' was a somewhat troubled individual who used to troll the old site. 

He posted pictures of him...erm...having a rather, ahem, intimate relationship with his umbrella. 

Eventually he was arrested and cautioned by the police after making death threats to people attending an HPC meeting in London. 

4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

For all those wondering what the hell this is about, 'Bruno' was a somewhat troubled individual who used to troll the old site. 

He posted pictures of him...erm...having a rather, ahem, intimate relationship with his umbrella. 

Eventually he was arrested and cautioned by the police after making death threats to people attending an HPC meeting in London. 

Do you feel that the proposed summer meet up is safe?  o.O

4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Is any of that actually true? (Sounds really far fetched) But if true, thanks for letting us know. (Golly I seem to have missed a masssive HPC drama!) I thought I had heard of him - just a regular poster. (But I had no idea he was infamous.) Are there many other skeletons like this one in the HPC cupboard?!

9 minutes ago, whocares said:

Is any of that actually true? (Sounds really far fetched) But if true, thanks for letting us know. (Golly I seem to have missed a masssive HPC drama!) I thought I had heard of him - just a regular poster. (But I had no idea he was infamous.) Are there many other skeletons like this one in the HPC cupboard?!

Cgnao was the governor of the Bank of England: Melvyn King

17 minutes ago, whocares said:

I didn't see the umbrella pics - fortunately - but I did see the video that Bruno posted where he said he would kill HPC members. Rather stupidly he posted it on Youtube. I assume the stuff about the police arresting him was true but I have no evidence of it other than what was written by the poster who claimed to have reported him. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Was that ever proven? I seem to recall lots of posts claiming to have identified various posters as being Mr King. I'm not quite sure how the Governor of the Bank of England would have time to post on a tinfoil hat forum, but it's always possible I suppose. 

ISTR some other famous person was thought to be a poster - was it Martin Lewis from Moneysaving Expert?

12 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Again, I have Cgnao being mentioned. (Poster of repute.) Was he the one keen on buying gold? (Or was that someone else?) Didn't know he was Mervyn King! How did you find out?  Did he ever say anything interesting? (Is he on here too?! O.o)

There was that Jonathan guy as well ... who seemed to be on the TV sometimes.  Wouldn't it be great to find out who all the posters are?! Online fora do have a supreme advantage over physical clubs/meetings in as much that there are no social or professional barriers, so a cat may converse with a king so to speak?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, whocares said:

Again, I have Cgnao being mentioned. (Poster of repute.) Was he the one keen on buying gold? (Or was that someone else?) Didn't know he was Mervyn King! How did you find out?  Did he ever say anything interesting? (Is he on here too?! O.o)

There was that Jonathan guy as well ... who seemed to be on the TV sometimes.  Wouldn't it be great to find out who all the posters are?! Online fora do have a supreme advantage over physical clubs/meetings in as much that there are no social or professional barriers, so a cat may converse with a king so to speak?

I think famous people or at least people who are professionals in a particular field probably don't spend a lot of time on forums, as they probably get fed up with the lack of any real insight into the subject by many of the posters. 

Eg, I am not famous but I am a moderately successful writer and journalist, although my name is barely known by anybody except a few people in my particular field. That said, I never bother with writer's forums any more because I just see the same old stuff again and again, they are full of aspiring writers who can't get published because they  won't accept that they are not writing anything that anybody wants to read!

Edited by Austin Allegro

I

6 hours ago, Thombleached said:

I'm offended.

You haven't visited my profile.

#metoo

23 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think famous people or at least people who are professionals in a particular field probably don't spend a lot of time on forums, as they probably get fed up with the lack of any real insight into the subject by many of the posters. 

Eg, I am not famous but I am a moderately successful writer and journalist, although my name is barely known by anybody except a few people in my particular field. That said, I never bother with writer's forums any more because I just see the same old stuff again and again, they are full of aspiring writers who can't get published because they  won't accept that they are not writing anything that anybody wants to read!

They need to go the academic route. No one wants to read what is published but it still gets published. xD

21 minutes ago, Fischer said:

I

I'm offended.

You haven't visited my profile.

#metoo

Right, everyone check out Fischer's profile right now ....  we can flash mob him to make him feel important!

I click on each of your profiles as part of s secret mission to open up a new front in the war of your conscience. It's like the new Vietnam, but over the border. Use iPhone screen, click one place, over the border opens. 

*note - could also be my eyes. More likely because I am drunk!