• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Braaainss

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5573365/Woman-31-claims-Nandos-takeaway-contained-BRAIN.html

A traumatised Nando's customer threw up on her desk at work after opening a takeaway and finding what she thought was a 'chicken brain'.

Amy-Louise Flynn ordered half a chicken, peri peri chips and garlic bread from the Dunfermline branch yesterday but was horrified when she started eating.

The 31-year-old environmental assistant from Bridge of Allan, Stirlingshire, didn't initially notice anything wrong with her meal but when she bit into the chicken, she felt an odd texture to the meat.

Seconds after looking down at the meal, she noticed a chunk of meat had a brain-like appearance and promptly vomited on her desk - causing colleagues to start gagging.

Nando's today insisted the meat was perfectly edible, denying it was brain tissue and claiming the 'marbling' effect seen was the result of its close proximity to the bird's kidneys.

:Sick1:

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

I've had the same on my lad after a night out in Newport once.

Ive cooked more roast chicken dinners than I care to mention and have not seen chicken meat anywhere near that texture. I strip the carcass and make soup with the leftovers so would think I would recognise it. 

I wonder what exactly they are using in place of chicken?

Too big for a single chicken brain?  Compacted maggots or brain tissue from something else?  Health authorities issue - and the police should be interested in their findings but these days they're probably not.  Too much pug dog type hate crime to deal with.

Edited by twocents

3 minutes ago, twocents said:

Too big for a single chicken brain?  Compacted maggots or brain tissue from something else?  Health authorities issue - and the police should be interested in their findings but these days they're probably not.  Too much pug dog type hate crime to deal with.

:Sick1:

it definitely isn’t chicken.  

Looking at the picture on wiki and comparing it to the mail photo, I’d does look like brains. If it is cow, then there is a real danger of catching mad cow disease I would think. 

16 minutes ago, One percent said:

I wonder what exactly they are using in place of chicken?

With all the recent food chain reports, it makes me wonder where Nandos chickens come from ?

No points for answering:

A. Eggs.

B. The other side of the road.

2 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

With all the recent food chain reports, it makes me wonder where Nandos chickens come from ?

No points for answering:

A. Eggs.

B. The other side of the road.

Maybe @Hopeful is their go to supplier for his roadkill. xDo.O

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’d does look like brains. If it is cow, then there is a real danger of catching mad cow disease I would think.

Cow head / spine doesn't get anywhere near the food chain unless there is some really blatant breaches of procedure going on in the abbattoir, big thing since mad cow disease.

4 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Cow head / spine doesn't get anywhere near the food chain unless there is some really blatant breaches of procedure going on in the abbattoir, big thing since mad cow disease.

And you think the food chain is secure after the horse meat, two sisters and then the one I can’t recall but that they gave us very little detail about. 

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

And you think the food chain is secure after the horse meat, two sisters and then the one I can’t recall but that they gave us very little detail about. 

Fair point, god knows what goes on. I only know the local place and that is strictly controlled by vets and meat inspectors but anyone's guess what's going on elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Fair point, god knows what goes on. I only know the local place and that is strictly controlled by vets and meat inspectors but anyone's guess what's going on elsewhere.

I think local is to be more trusted. My local butcher has a board that says where the animal was raised and where slaughtered. 

These multi chain outlets and supermarkets, god only knows what is going on. It is all based on trust and frankly, given their track record, I’m inclined not to trust them. 

Having said this, I think Morrisons are ok as they have their own farms. Coop the same. The rest not so much 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think local is to be more trusted. My local butcher has a board that says where the animal was raised and where slaughtered. 

These multi chain outlets and supermarkets, god only knows what is going on. It is all based on trust and frankly, given their track record, I’m inclined not to trust them. 

Having said this, I think Morrisons are ok as they have their own farms. Coop the same. The rest not so much 

Marks and Spencer’s have always had pretty rigorous supply chain oversight.

Looks like it could be gizzard

Easily get into the food chain

Brian would be fine to eat

Can't see what the fuss is about if you are prepared to eat Nandos in the first place