• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Hung out to dry. Repeatedly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43628004

A British soldier who has been repeatedly investigated over an Iraqi teenager's death in 2003 says he will refuse to take part in another inquiry.

Saeed Shabram's family say he drowned after being forced into a river by UK soldiers. No-one has ever been charged. 

The Iraq Fatality Investigations team is due to look at the case again.

But Maj Robert Campbell told the So-Called BBC he and two other soldiers had already been investigated seven times over the death and that proceedings should be dropped.

He said he expected to be called as a witness but that he was "never going to discuss that day again with anybody".

He told Radio 4's Today programme that his mental health was "not the best" and that he had not had a good night's sleep for 15 years.

He said the case had been thrown out by "three separate prosecutors", adding: "It is perfectly unreasonable for the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to expect me to be able to go over these things over and over and over." 

Disgusting treatment.  If anyone is to be held accountable, it should be those who took us into an illegal war in the first place  

Then we have this odious cretin compounding the issue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38841544

A human rights lawyer who brought abuse claims against UK troops after the Iraq War has been struck off for misconduct.

Phil Shiner, from the now-defunct law firm Public Interest Lawyers, had 12 charges of misconduct proved against him by a panel of the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.

He had admitted acting recklessly by publicly claiming UK troops unlawfully killed, tortured and mistreated Iraqis.

The defence secretary said Mr Shiner had "made soldiers' lives a misery".

Not complying with the inquiry is the way.

When the Maxwell sons appeared before parliamentary committee they wouldn't answer any questions.

Best way; these people are not on your side so test them as the hostile enemy that they actually are.

One of the toughest jobs in the world. Compounded by the difficulty in securing a new career once you're past fighting age. Further compounded by the fact that you can easily ruin your short-lived career in the blink of an eye.

We dont pay squaddies enough, see teachers striking thread for measure.