• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

Why are channel 4 such arseholes?

Posted elsewhere. Big thread crossers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6538631/Corbyn-blasts-Tories-failing-homeless-veteran-revealed-sex-offender.html

Channel 4 News said: ‘We were made aware of Steven – as we believed he was called – by a charity supporting homeless veterans.

It has since emerged he previously went by the same name but with a different spelling and that he has a more complicated past in addition to what was broadcast.’

If onlythey had people to investigates claims. We vould call them journalists.

They could employ them instead of the useless SJW idiots.

Didn't know where to put this.

Quite good Simpsons (Homeland-themed) today at 6pm on Channel 4, and therefore catchable  at 7pm on Channel 4 plus 1, if you're quick

Channel 4 News has article on social housing. Seemingly we need another 3 million houses.

Channel 4 blaming Nasty Tories for not building social housing. Ed Milliband interviewed and he wasn't questioned if Labour's open door immigration policy led to pressure on housing.

Honestly, I think you could get a reasonably smart 16 year old to ask more searching questions than Channel 4 news.

22 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Channel 4 News has article on social housing. Seemingly we need another 3 million houses.

Channel 4 blaming Nasty Tories for not building social housing. Ed Milliband interviewed and he wasn't questioned if Labour's open door immigration policy led to pressure on housing.

Honestly, I think you could get a reasonably smart 16 year old to ask more searching questions than Channel 4 news.

Yep, Labour in power for 11 years, undoing Thatcher's worst, didn't let councils build social housing nor stop right-to-buy; no, they blew a humongous property bubble, let buy-to-let and property as investment boom, helped along by self-certifcation and liar loans; and looked the other way whilst debt was about to blow up the economy, whilst claiming no more boom and bust. Ed was part of that. Not that either Channel 4 or the So-Called BBC would be so impertinent!

I no longer even bother with C4 or any of the legacy media for more than 10mins.  It's all I can stand before feeling my eyeballs bleeding and the urge to hoof the tv due to the obvious bullshit and propaganda setting off my spidey senses and BS monitors

Brexit debate: What young people really think | #Brexit

Good one this. Apols if already posted here. Channel 4 News interviewed a group of young people (#BrexitInbetweeners) whilst claiming that 2/3rds of young people want a second referendum and 87% want to Remain. Watch Jon Snow all flummoxed when his group of youngsters turn out to be much more in favour of leaving than that and also very much against a 2nd referendum.

Epic fail by Channel 4 xD

6 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

Good one this. Apols if already posted here. Channel 4 News interviewed a group of young people (#BrexitInbetweeners) whilst claiming that 2/3rds of young people want a second referendum and 87% want to Remain. Watch Jon Snow all flummoxed when his group of youngsters turn out to be much more in favour of leaving than that and also very much against a 2nd referendum.

Add that to the recent BBC R4 Today Brexit fail (see thread) and we may have the start of a trend!  Hope these guys have a "safe place".

4 hours ago, BadAlchemy said:

4:05 show of hands on who wants a 2nd referendum, I count ~20 for ~30 against. so that's 2/3rds not in favour. Snow sees "quite a large number"

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:31, BadAlchemy said:

That is absolutely superb.

The reaction to Femi Oluwole alone makes it worth watching. Not one but two campaigners for OFOC. (Our Future. Our Choice.)

How did C4 manage to fill their debate with LEAVE supporters despite admitting they thought they had a mostly REMAIN supporting balance, according to Youtube comments. 

Poor Jon looked completely bewildered.*

*Actually, fair play to C4 News for putting it up on Youtube.

On 11/01/2019 at 17:43, snaga said:

4:05 show of hands on who wants a 2nd referendum, I count ~20 for ~30 against. so that's 2/3rds not in favour. Snow sees "quite a large number"

Both of my sons are staunch leavers. Which might be my fault.

But oddly they say that nearly all their friends are the same. More so for the younger one. My guess is that there is a marginal group (20-25) who are remainers but those that are following are more enlightened.

Just had some "starving" kids interviewed on channel 4 news. Ok they are just kids but some of the facts they were coming out with were less about access to food and money but more about dysfunctional living. Much of their reasoning was bizarre indeed.

The main girl interviewed said that it was too expensive to cook meals at home so her mother gave her 5 pounds to buy tea. This on top of the free school meal.

Anyway she couldn't possibly buy a healthy meal for a fiver because smoothies cost four quid so she had to buy a milkshake for a quid. Also she would rather like to buy water, but it cost 90p.

Just a thought water is free from the tap and you could carry a bottle of it, smoothies aren't particularly healthy and many working people live on far less than a fiver on food a day including myself.

MPs were shocked by the poverty these girls had to put up with. ( earlier that day they had spoken to some Government body)

Just a sickening watch for anybody that works and manages money and food properly.

Edited by crashmonitor

On 14/01/2019 at 23:31, Wight Flight said:

Both of my sons are staunch leavers. Which might be my fault.

But oddly they say that nearly all their friends are the same. More so for the younger one. My guess is that there is a marginal group (20-25) who are remainers but those that are following are more enlightened.

Both my kids aged 24 & 25 voted leave in the eu referendum. All I said to both before the day was that I thought it was an important vote and that they should research the issue and go to to the polling station. I’m a long term hater of the eu project but haven’t said anything to them until after the vote on my thoughts,

After they had voted I asked if they wanted to tell me what they voted and why. Daughter said she had decided to vote out of eu because of decimation of fishing in uk, she’s into environmental stuff due to her ecology related job. Son doesn’t think about much in depth and follows those around him. He works in the building houses trade and followed those he works with and voted out because overall the site workers said immigration had made they’re wages lower.

Only an anecdote and I haven’t asked them about their peers but I loved that video clip upthread where jon snow was bemused when a lot of young people weren’t fawning about the eu.