• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
NewryH

Weddings are getting ridiculous

Recommended Posts

Maybe I'm too old and just don't like change, but I was at a wedding where everything seemed to be weddingfied. The rings were on a special plate with bows and not just in the best man's pocket. The bride had special fluffy dressing gowns for her and the bridesmaids. There was an agenda for the day. They had 'one year to go' photographs done. Some mental special song for the first dance which was actually the bride and her dad. 

\end old git rants for the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NewryH said:

Maybe I'm too old and just don't like change, but I was at a wedding where everything seemed to be weddingfied. The rings were on a special plate with bows and not just in the best man's pocket. The bride had special fluffy dressing gowns for her and the bridesmaids. There was an agenda for the day. They had 'one year to go' photographs done. Some mental special song for the first dance which was actually the bride and her dad. 

\end old git rants for the day.

Oh thats not trying.

Ive been to weddings where the cost was 250/head - and there 30 people for the full day, not just the cheaper booze up dance.

The debt lasted longer than both marriages.

My wedding cost 1,000. Only cos we got forced after brexit, mil pressure nagging. And that was 400 mrs spys outfit - not a wedding dress, and a meal and drinks for 6 people. We had posh curry at 40/head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

and that special wedding song: debt debt debt debt

Neither geandparents were formally maried. They had a do but never got round to going to registry office

Just now, JackieO said:

Your not wrong Bridezillas want the Paris Hilton treatment these days. Vacuous, distasteful and dull IMO

I particularly hate when children are excluded from weddings :wanker:

Oh little spy hated being included - he had to wear a bowtie - Ha look at the posh cunt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UmBongo said:

My sister's getting married in July. It will be her second marriage. She's going to wear a proper wedding dress again! I thought that was only allowed on the first wedding.

Look on the bgight side, that halves the cost of the dress, getting two weddings out of it

I assume is not a new one...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best (cost effective yet personalised) weddings I've been to recently have been gay weddings (all gay men).  They've all been excellent and tasteful.

I might as a result of this think that it would be reasonable to blame the women for these changes.

9 minutes ago, JackieO said:

I particularly hate when children are excluded from weddings :wanker:

Quite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hopeful said:

Look on the bgight side, that halves the cost of the dress, getting two weddings out of it

I assume is not a new one...............

xD I don't really know tbh. It must be a bit weird getting married in the same outfit when the first marriage wasn't successful. :ph34r:

She's a bit of a 'princess' who likes the finer things in life so I'm thinking it's a brand new dress.

Our dad has been measured up for a suit. Thankfully I haven't been asked to get measured up for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swissy_fit said:

Define cost of wedding. Even the big silly weddings are just a small foretaste of the costs to come for the man (mostly, with doffed cap to the better kinds of woman)

Indeed - perhaps a requirement for a big wedding is a sign of the long term lifestyle expectations of the bride; which the groom will be required to help fund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of decades ago I heard about a wedding, when it was a novelty to have it videoed, where the video of the service was shown at the reception.

On the soundtrack, as the bride's mother followed the bride up the aisle, someone in the congregation was clearly heard to murmur 'here comes mutton dressed as lamb'.

xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully I've got to an age now where we get one or two wedding invitations a year at most, some years none at all.

I've talked my way out of attending a cousin's wedding this month on the basis that he's rather frugally minded, and therefore it seems rude to turn up and cause him great expense when I absolutely fucking hate weddings. Wife has begrudgingly agreed that cousin's hard earned would be better spent on someone who actually wanted to be there. Result. I've no idea if she's intending to go on her own though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Thankfully I've got to an age now where we get one or two wedding invitations a year at most, some years none at all.

I've talked my way out of attending a cousin's wedding this month on the basis that he's rather frugally minded, and therefore it seems rude to turn up and cause him great expense when I absolutely fucking hate weddings. Wife has begrudgingly agreed that cousin's hard earned would be better spent on someone who actually wanted to be there. Result. I've no idea if she's intending to go on her own though.

Thankfully, I have been to less than one wedding a decade

And I haven't enjoyed any of the weddings I've attended

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr&MrsLTSs wedding cost us the best part of £25,000. At the time added on to the mortgage - I mean why not?! It’s a complete and utter head fuck with not a penny of consideration for the cost/value of things. This is over a decade ago so... wedding dress Suzanne Neville £4K photographer and photo album £3k ffs catering £5k church fees £1k and all the other bridal entitlement I don’t wish to think about or contemplate.

I thought we had reached the low but it’s got better... had one of the bailiff television programmes on yesterday (in the background because I love other people’s misery) and the debtor (photographer) had to tell the bailif not to come in as there was a naked woman in his studio... the narrative was that it was a pre-wedding boudoir shoot and apparently they are becoming increasingly popular with the me me me pouting selfie generation. It’s just odd and in other spheres people pay bribes to keep their naughty pictures private. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

My sister's getting married in July. It will be her second marriage. She's going to wear a proper wedding dress again! I thought that was only allowed on the first wedding.

God will know.

Im all for people making a mistake but i get pissed off being invited to a second big wedding - wierd de ja vue feel about it.

I draw the line at 3 and above.

3 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Mr&MrsLTSs wedding cost us the best part of £25,000. At the time added on to the mortgage - I mean why not?! It’s a complete and utter head fuck with not a penny of consideration for the cost/value of things. This is over a decade ago so... wedding dress Suzanne Neville £4K photographer and photo album £3k ffs catering £5k church fees £1k and all the other bridal entitlement I don’t wish to think about or contemplate.

I thought we had reached the low but it’s got better... had one of the bailiff television programmes on yesterday (in the background because I love other people’s misery) and the debtor (photographer) had to tell the bailif not to come in as there was a naked woman in his studio... the narrative was that it was a pre-wedding boudoir shoot and apparently they are becoming increasingly popular with the me me me pouting selfie generation. It’s just odd and in other spheres people pay bribes to keep their naughty pictures private. 

I hope shes got really big tits.

28 minutes ago, Reebo said:

I got married in February, it cost less than £300 all in. That's including clothing and rings.

Proper Yorkshire couple us!

Were the rings brass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I thought we had reached the low but it’s got better... had one of the bailiff television programmes on yesterday (in the background because I love other people’s misery) and the debtor (photographer) had to tell the bailif not to come in as there was a naked woman in his studio... the narrative was that it was a pre-wedding boudoir shoot and apparently they are becoming increasingly popular with the me me me pouting selfie generation. It’s just odd and in other spheres people pay bribes to keep their naughty pictures private. 

Is this true? Last time I tried internet dating some bird I had arranged to meet started sending me these professional boudoir shots. You could tell they were taken by a pro photographer with high end camera and lighting. She said some bollocks about having them taken to feel better about herself or something but it didn't sit right with me so gave her a miss. Thought maybe she was a escort or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

It ain't a proper wedding unless the best man's speech reveals the groom cheated on the bride during the engagement, the brides mother gets insulted, and both families end up in a massive brawl.

Actually there was a fight. The brides brother going to sort out some one who dissed his family. Bride running out and back in tears. Brides mother or maybe step mother demanding the bar is shut. Me and and my brother with a few bottles of wine left over from the meal to keep us going whilst watching the pikeys 'get it all sorted'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.