• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
BBH

Liverpool fans

Um, I didn't see an attack there.

Yes there are a lot of twats who follow football, for example I am amazed every time I come across the absolutely visceral hatred that some of my club's fans have for their local rivals and vice versa, but an attack is stones thrown, windows broken, concrete blocks dropped from motorway bridges.  All of which has happened to team coaches.  This is throwing a few flares and making playground rude gestures.

Pretty tame compared to Hammers attacking Man U team bus in 2016, last Boleyn ground game. Smashed windows.

Even that was pretty tame compared to 70s, when coaches had ordinary glass windows and could leave a match with every one smashed.

Scousers are no worse than others.

17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Um, I didn't see an attack there.

Yes there are a lot of twats who follow football, for example I am amazed every time I come across the absolutely visceral hatred that some of my club's fans have for their local rivals and vice versa, but an attack is stones thrown, windows broken, concrete blocks dropped from motorway bridges.  All of which has happened to team coaches.  This is throwing a few flares and making playground rude gestures.

They were throwing all sorts of shit at the bus, luckily nothing went through the windows, but it was left in an unfit state to use after the game. Pep said the bus was 'destroyed', haven't seen the state of it myself

But hey, they're never to blame for anything are they. And they aren't ones to moan about other stuff

Edited by BBH

10 minutes ago, BBH said:

They were throwing all sorts of shit at the bus, luckily nothing went through the windows, but it was left in an unfit state to use after the game. Pep said the bus was 'destroyed', haven't seen the state of it myself

But hey, they're never to blame for anything are they. And they aren't ones to moan about other stuff

Okay, I was only ging on the video.  If it's destroyed then that's bad.

13 minutes ago, BBH said:

But hey, they're never to blame for anything are they. 

Here's a picture of a scally chucking a beer bottle over for his mate across the road and those selfish Man City bastards have blocked it with their bus.

_100704833_city-bottle.jpg

4 minutes ago, BBH said:

But hey, they're never to blame for anything are they. And they aren't ones to moan about other stuff.

Liverpudlians are different to the accepted norms in various respects.

Take litter wardens, councils right across the country have embraced the concept of employing private companies to enforce litter penalties. Not to pick up litter, just to issue on the spot 'fines'.

This has met with qualified success in many towns and cities, with one notable exception. Liverpool.

Litter wardens are failing to meet their profitability targets of handing out 4 tickets each day.

Main reason being that people won't give their name and address details. Anywhere else wardens inform 'offenders' it is an offence not to provide the information so they usually comply.

Not in Liverpool.

Instead wardens are ignored, if they persist they are walked all around the city until they give up, usually the trail ends in St Johns shopping centre, once inside, on private land, the wardens give up. It's a disaster.

Scousers march to the beat of a different drum.

3 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Liverpudlians are different to the accepted norms in various respects.

Take litter wardens, councils right across the country have embraced the concept of employing private companies to enforce litter penalties. Not to pick up litter, just to issue on the spot 'fines'.

This has met with qualified success in many towns and cities, with one notable exception. Liverpool.

Litter wardens are failing to meet their profitability targets of handing out 4 tickets each day.

Main reason being that people won't give their name and address details. Anywhere else wardens inform 'offenders' it is an offence not to provide the information so they usually comply.

Not in Liverpool.

Instead wardens are ignored, if they persist they are walked all around the city until they give up, usually the trail ends in St Johns shopping centre, once inside, on private land, the wardens give up. It's a disaster.

Scousers march to the beat of a different drum.

Whilst I disapprove of littering I think that's admirable behaviour and will remember to do just that if I inadvertently litter and am caught so doing.

Some councils in Wales have terminated contracts.

Local stories of unfairly targeting elderly pensioner daytrippers. One case went to court after an 'offender' was issued a ticket despite not dropping litter. 

Technically wardens can request the assistance of police to obtain details. In the early days police responded, but we ended up with a situation where minimum wage untrained wardens were dog-whistling police officers to respond. Didn't go down so well so often the call for help will be met with a sorry we're busy.

If anybody will take advantage of that it will be scousers.

1 minute ago, M S E Refugee said:

I can remember the Scousers chanting about the Munich Air Disaster to the Man U fans for years.

Then these horrible people expected everyone to feel sorry for them after Hillsborough,just shows that you shouldn't tempt fate.

I was trying not to go down that route because I didn't think the original incident deserved it.

However there was very limited sympathy outside of Liverpool when Hillsborough happened in April 89 because of Heysel having happened in May 85 and memories were fresh that some sections of Liverpool fans were not only not ashamed of the many deaths but were proud of it.  T-shirts saying "Liverpool 39 - Juventus 0" were amongst the most offensive of their egregious behaviour at the time.

4 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Pretty tame compared to Hammers attacking Man U team bus in 2016, last Boleyn ground game. Smashed windows.

Even that was pretty tame compared to 70s, when coaches had ordinary glass windows and could leave a match with every one smashed.

Scousers are no worse than others.

:o

Surely they know where they are when it comes to driving a Man-u bus through Anfield.

Funny thing is, those football players seem to go everywhere else by helicopter, etc.  I've no idea why they'd take the bus to Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

Surely they know where they are when it comes to driving a Man-u bus through Anfield.

Funny thing is, those football players seem to go everywhere else by helicopter, etc.  I've no idea why they'd take the bus to Liverpool.

:Old:

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I was trying not to go down that route because I didn't think the original incident deserved it.

However there was very limited sympathy outside of Liverpool when Hillsborough happened in April 89 because of Heysel having happened in May 85 and memories were fresh that some sections of Liverpool fans were not only not ashamed of the many deaths but were proud of it.  T-shirts saying "Liverpool 39 - Juventus 0" were amongst the most offensive of their egregious behaviour at the time.

I can't even begin to imagine, or understand, the mindset required to be the kind of monumental, galactic fucking bellend who'd wear something like that.

That said, I met a rabid scouse football supporter in Australia of all places. He asked me who I supported and being utterly clueless and naive about that sort of shit and purely for conversational purposes (I felt that I didn't want to offend him by saying I wasn't arsed) I said the first name that came to mind,

"Oh, I dunno. Man United?"

Wasn't much point in being so precious about offending the guy initially as he reacted to that as if i'd just told him that his mother blows goats on the occasional times in between servicing sailors for fag butts down the docks. 

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was in that crowd throwing beer bottles and flares, the slope-headed wanker.

3 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Have never lived in Scouseland but would imagine it’s a small but significant minority of scumbags that give the place it’s rep. From memory the population is 70% Irish descent, and not the best of the Irish, probably plenty of pikey culture has filtered into the Scouser culture.

Work with a few plates.

Unlike cockneys that are defined by being born within the sound of Bow bells, and plastic cockneys that exhibit most characteristics but hail from further afield, there are many types of Mersey-siders.

When I was around 12 we were taken on a school trip from Wales to Southport. I was in the carriage with our Religious Education teacher, Deputy Headmaster at the time. He told us that scousers were the scum of the Earth, the lowest of the low, mongrels from all four corners of the British Empire. The dregs from Ireland, China, Wales, and all over, mainly they went to work at the docks, or disembarked from ships and stayed in the city. Rough men and rougher women living rough lives.

If you spend time with them, they universally seem to feel hard done by, nobody knows from when or from whom, but scratch slightly below the surface and righteous indignation is manifest. The clichés are evident, great sense of humour, strong characters, don't bow and scrape to anybody that tries to pull rank or superiority, don't take any shit, and if you cross them or they feel you have done them an injustice, expect them to remember it forever, and just accept they will remind you about it at every opportunity.  They can also hate each other but will band together defiantly when threatened or criticised from without. 

Proper hard core Liverpool 8, or Welsh streets Liverpudlians are definitive examples, think Ringo Starr, but without being able to play the drums, actually, think Ringo Starr. More typically, posh scousers, from Everton or The Wirral will be more tolerable to normal people, think Sir Paul McCartney.

I get on fine with the ones I know, and yes, in many respects they share many traits with the Irish, particularly, Northern Irish.

It's quite interesting living so close to Liverpool and Manchester, so nearby geographically but in terms of accent and personalities they couldn't be more different.  Even more fascinating is how the accents are distinctively different as you travel between them or around them along the M53/M56. The UK really is a soup of different ingredients.

....and that's before hitting the Midlands. xD   

1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

I get on fine with the ones I know, and yes, in many respects they share many traits with the Irish, particularly, Northern Irish.

Great fun at parties, they can drink almost a much as the Welsh :Beer: