• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Plastic backed fridge

Quite surprised Evan Davis on BBC Newsnight when discussing the emissions and damage to the air caused by pollution from open wood burner cooking ovens and stoves felt the need to mention working class people in flats and council tower blocks don't usually have them, it's more middle-class people in houses.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Surely nobody suspects people cook with open fires in tower blocks.

That would be ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Quite surprised Evan Davis on BBC Newsnight when discussing the emissions and damage to the air caused by pollution from open wood burner cooking ovens and stoves felt the need to mention working class people in flats and council tower blocks don't usually have them, it's more middle-class people in houses.

That would be ridiculous incendiary.

FTFY

6 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

That would be ridiculous.

Only goat. Halal goat.

15 hours ago, spygirl said:

Which on telly.

No mention of greenfell.

Fridge association of uk cobemming report.

Fire service saying fridges dont cause many fires. Bbqing goats....

Through my work I have read quite a lot  of stuff to do with the Grenfell enquiry. 

As far as I can see, nobody is saying anything about the cause of the fire. 

The focus is all on the performance of the cladding and other structural details. 

Of course this needs to be looked at - but ultimately this is a 'symptom' and not a 'cause'. 

There doesn't seem to be any discussion of whether it's a good idea to pack thousands of people from the third world into high rise accommodation or any analysis of what tends to happen in other countries when this is done. 

3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Through my work I have read quite a lot  of stuff to do with the Grenfell enquiry. 

As far as I can see, nobody is saying anything about the cause of the fire. 

The focus is all on the performance of the cladding and other structural details. 

Indeed,

The cladding is what made it a catastrophe but it doesn't negate a thorough look at the cause. 

Furniture regulations have been tightened up over the years which means less people die as a result of a fire from them. 

How have the causes of fires changed over the years?
Chip pans replaced by dodgy wiring in electronics? 

If the third world need telling that when they live in the UK they can't BBQ a goat indoors, then that's what we need to do.

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

If the third world need telling that when they live in the UK they can't BBQ a goat indoors, then that's what we need to do.

I've heard that certain people in a block of flats near here, are not only BBQing goats/sheep in the flats, but slaughtering them there as well :Sick1:

3 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

I've heard that certain people in a block of flats near here, are not only BBQing goats/sheep in the flats, but slaughtering them there as well :Sick1:

Well Failsworth currently has an issue with animal insides being dumped in the canal.

it's either a long term plot to lull plod into thinking that it's always animals and stop testing and then it'll be a human's insides put in - OR someone is slaughtering illegally locally and dumping the guts there.

2 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

It'll be goat innards. I don't get the appeal of goat meat, had it once, not really worth burning down a block of flats and killing 89 illegals for, anyway.

Goat is ok but really best slow cooked. BBQ is not the way.

6 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Well Failsworth currently has an issue with animal insides being dumped in the canal.

it's either a long term plot to lull plod into thinking that it's always animals and stop testing and then it'll be a human's insides put in - OR someone is slaughtering illegally locally and dumping the guts there.

Is it cat pieces?