DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great same family bands

Long time lurking

Long time lurking

I suspect this is going to be a short thread but i will start it of with this one (four brothers)

Obvious others Osmonds Jackson five the Corrs ?

Long time lurking
7 hours ago, DTMark said:

OK, I'll post it.

Proud owner of the 12" single pictured.

A blast from the past that one ..never knew they were all related 

• 1 month later...
On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:50, Long time lurking said:

A blast from the past that one ..never knew they were all related 

I had to check. Yes, all the same family. I'd thought that one of them was not family, but all were.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Star

They had some absolutely corking pop tracks, but that one, and this one, were wonderful. I still play this one now and again.

And as an audio freak, the sound quality and mastering of those old LPs and 12" singles (yes, I have them!) is utterly marvellous and puts most modern stuff to shame. Just possibly some of the last-ever all-analog recordings before digital came along?

I saw them live in concert at Wembley Arena. So I can say "I've lived". Indeed it was the first pop concert I ever went to, probably aged about 13, and I have really fond memories of it.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 03:03, DTMark said:

OK, I'll post it.

Well, who would have thought it..

Apparently, this song is about making love to an electrical device and Denise confirmed this in an interview fairly recently.

I can be terribly naiive at times. But kudos to them for nobody spotting this for 30 years.

Surely these must all be related otherwise some would have left? - enjoy The Schytts (from Sweden apparently. Looks like maybe eating too many Dime bars has turned them all orange)

On 23/04/2017 at 03:03, DTMark said:

OK, I'll post it.

I do remember when Anthea Turner went to their house on telly. A quick google has uncovered a rather disturbing, more recent, revelation though, Stedman seems to have regenerated as CJ off Eggheads:

steadmanpearsonfivestar.jpg

Despite their rapid heart beats, this sibling trio seems to have enjoyed continued musical success over a great number of decades:

• 2 months later...

Archived