• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  

Red Nose Day - did you donate?

I don't watch much TV anyway so didn't even know this was on. But even if I did, I wouldn't give this BBC charity a penny. The thought of donating to an organisation that has ridiculed over half the population - including me - with its obvious Brexit bashing bias, leaves me completely nonplussed by it all. Balls to the BBC. 

I donate my money to my local hospice. 

A bunch of millionaires and Lenny Henry asking poorer people than them to give other even poorer people some of their money. No thanks.

When the luvies have given enough of their money that their net worth is in the same ballpark as mine, then I'll consider giving them some of my money.

Until then I'd suggest that the millionaire asking how to solve the problem of other people not having enough money for food or basic healthcare look a little closer to home.

I recently cancelled the direct debit on my TV license. Within a week I got an email from the BBC threatening to pass my account to a debt collector, even though my license is paid up until the end of May! A truly sickening organisation, pushing an agenda I completely disagree with whilst funding it by demanding money with menaces.

Not a chance! We thought the options of £10 or £20 were a bit cheeky. But it said they'd raised £69M on the bit we watched. 
So Austerity hasn't affected people's desire to give money.

Every 2 minutes a child in Africa dies of a preventable disease.
So how often do they die from preventable war?

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Every 2 minutes a child in Africa dies of a preventable disease.
So how often do they die from preventable war?

And just how fucked would Africa (and by extension, the rest of the world) be if they all lived?

Just now, OurDayWillCome said:

The rubber noses should double up as condoms - hand them back in after the event so they can be shipped over to help the fight against AIDS and rampant population growth.

Someone did say (She interviewed Richard Curtis last night) about someone putting one on his intimate area.. I thought it was pretty shocking to hear on a charidee fundraiser program

Both Comic Relief and Children In Need now rely heavily on corporates giving big cheques. In turn, those corporates seem to rely heavily on raising that money from their customers and staff. Sainsburys is a good case in point - for a week their staff has been asking customers for cash, selling secondhand books, holding raffles.

No doubt a great many hand over a quid or so when approached in the stores.

During the night you get these over-sized cheques handed over showing how much money these corporates have raised and, of course, great publicity for them.

No - charity begins with my relatives.

I do have a soft spot for the RNLI after being fished out of the sea many years ago, as they do a job that the government has never been arsed about other than fishing valuable pilots out of the water since WW2.

Comic relief = too many virtue seeking (unfunny) has beens for my taste.