• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

What did you do today?

Today I filled in timesheets, and submitted expenses. Then I got a bottle of wine, and my Sunday afternoon film was "Zulu". I only filled my car up, and the carwash was broken, so it's still dusty.

I also restrung an acoustic guitar.

Edited by MrPin

Got up, put breakfast in the Instant Pot, went out for a cycle for about an hour.

Came home to breakfast waiting for me. Nom nom nom.

Went for a coffee and read a book for a few hours.

Now visiting parents.

Not a bad Sunday all said and done.

Edited by JoeDavola

Cooked all my work food for the week, cleaned my chooks out, mowed the lawn.

Then went out for a walk through field after field of vibrant yellow flowering oilseed rape. It does seem particularly popular this year, thousands of acres of it, absolutely beautiful.

1 minute ago, Fully Detached said:

Cooked all my work food for the week, cleaned my chooks out, mowed the lawn.

Then went out for a walk through field after field of vibrant yellow flowering oilseed rape. It does seem particularly popular this year, thousands of acres of it, absolutely beautiful.

http://breathing.com/articles/canola-oil.htm Not as healthy an exercise as you might think.

Opened a beer.

Took my stihl hedge cutters apart and sharpened the blades.

Sliced finger.

Opened another beer.

Cut the hedge in the back garden and pulled out some crap shrubs.

More beer.

Sprayed weedkiller abundantly. Neighbours peonies possibly destroyed.

Another can.

Sharpened chainsaw...looked at tempting log but decided against it due to inebriation. Mowed lawn instead.

Beer.

Washed van. Forgot window was open. Fuck.

Used grinder to sharpen small tools, obliterated end of finger in the process.

I decided to stop trying to be productive at this point and just concentrated on getting arseholed instead.

Which I now am.  :)

Visited a special formerly secret underground place in the morning.

undetground2.jpg.3b449d386b6511f032c745dd208d6e0f.jpg

Then took my 80 year old dad to watch Rugby League match, Wigan v Catalans.

Might go out for a shred on the bike later when all the knobs are back in watching telly.

4 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

http://breathing.com/articles/canola-oil.htm Not as healthy an exercise as you might think.

I think I'm probably quite safe walking through it :)

Interesting link though - it's become a majorly popular crop recently and quite a few local farms are diversifying into pressing their own. Might be a costly exercise for them if it turns out to be a short lived and unhealthy fad.

Tarted myself up and went into work to put together a mobile display. Attended a prom fare that was supposed to finish at 3 but I packed up at 2. 

Came home to put more washing on the line. Had a cup of tea, pointed out where I wanted the curtain pole hung, put chicken in the oven then duly fell asleep on the sofa. Just had a roast dinner with Mr B and all 3 boys ( which is getting rarer as the eldest, nearly 20, is usually out on the piss all weekend). Now thinking about getting back to the grind tomorrow and making sure everything is ready for school. 

Edited by Battenberg

Had a kipper, mushrooms, half an avocado and brown toast for breakfast then freshly ground black coffe. Took dogs to local river. Broke dogs feeding bowl yesterday so went and bought a new one.

No lunch, not hungry.

Back to river in afternoon with dogs. Nice enough to sit on a bench there chatting for ages with some other local dog walkers

Just had homemade tandoori chicken, curry sauce, pilau rice, fresh coriander and naan bread. Delicious. Enjoying a coffee and roll up now.

Looking forward to Line of Duty at 9pm.

Lovely weather here today but dulling down a bit now.

Been up the Co-op for him some beer and baccy.

Washed his shitty fucking undies.

Cooked the ungrateful, shitty-arsed bastard some liver and onions.

Well now I'm off down the friggin' bingo...!

Mrs XYY

My youngest sister is on this boat with her partner for a long weekend somewhere in the Mediterranean. Boat belongs to the partner of my sisters friend.

Could do with a friend like that myself!

IMG_0033.JPG

7 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Spent most of the day working, mainly writing my technical blog and getting the example going. Why is it provided examples never work out the box

You're working too much, and need to chill.

Try playing some PS4 games - and knocking-back a few Diet Pepsis...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

48 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Had a kipper, mushrooms, half an avocado and brown toast for breakfast then freshly ground black coffe. Took dogs to local river. Broke dogs feeding bowl yesterday so went and bought a new one.

No lunch, not hungry.

Back to river in afternoon with dogs. Nice enough to sit on a bench there chatting for ages with some other local dog walkers

Just had homemade tandoori chicken, curry sauce, pilau rice, fresh coriander and naan bread. Delicious. Enjoying a coffee and roll up now.

Looking forward to Line of Duty at 9pm.

Lovely weather here today but dulling down a bit now.

Line of duty is awesome counting down to 9pm