DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Lesser known bands

blobloblob

Introduce bands you've heard of, but no-one else has here.

Hello Operator will be playing at a festival I'm going to. Hadn't heard of them before until I started trawling through the line up looking for new stuff. Very Royal Blood-like but they sound decent.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Long time lurking
On 4/25/2017 at 18:37, blobloblob said:

Think Pretty Vicious are playing at the same festival. They sound good.

There from my part of the world ,they look to be going places for sure i like there music ,but have been told they are a bit up themselves ...but hey they are still young lets just hope they don`t do the Welsh rock ban thing ..substance abuse 

i was at the gig in the vid at the very back i might add, filmed in the old globe theater in Carrdiff my nipper used to do the sound and lighting threr from time to time 

Same festival ? 

57 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

There from my part of the world ,they look to be going places for sure i like there music ,but have been told they are a bit up themselves ...but hey they are still young lets just hope they don`t do the Welsh rock ban thing ..substance abuse 

i was at the gig in the vid at the very back i might add, filmed in the old globe theater in Carrdiff my nipper used to do the sound and lighting threr from time to time 

Same festival ? 

Kendal Calling but on closer inspection it seems I was looking at last year's line up when I saw their name.

Oh well.

Long time lurking
On 4/26/2017 at 21:15, blobloblob said:

Kendal Calling but on closer inspection it seems I was looking at last year's line up when I saw their name.

Oh well.

Love this vid ,this is the real South Wales Valleys (a pot noddle even makes an appearance :D)

These are "lesser-known" here because they're Italian.

They're the absolute nuts. Think Depeche Mode and Human League with a touch of Oasis and The Killers.

You Made Me - Live

Promiscuity

Sold Out

.. and the bollox of a tune, Between The Road and the Stars

Fully Detached

Saw The Jacques live last year, probably the most fun I've had watching a band since the Pixies. Singer's voice might not be for everyone but love the chaotic melodies:

blobloblob
20 hours ago, DTMark said:

These are "lesser-known" here because they're Italian.

They're the absolute nuts. Think Depeche Mode and Human League with a touch of Oasis and The Killers.

You Made Me - Live

Promiscuity

Sold Out

.. and the bollox of a tune, Between The Road and the Stars

Very nice indeed.

Try some more.. their albums aren't just "a couple of decent ones and the rest all fillers", most tracks are really strong.

You're My Sweater (fun love type song)

Completely - lovely video

3 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

...and for someone on this thread...

;)

That's a 10 out of 10 from me. Absolutely outstanding.

• 3 weeks later...

700 views in two years testifies to obscurity, I think.

The singer really sounds exactly like somebody else but I'm never able to put my finger on it.

On 5/26/2017 at 09:19, eight said:

The singer really sounds exactly like somebody else but I'm never able to put my finger on it.

Morrissey? 

On 5/26/2017 at 09:19, eight said:

700 views in two years testifies to obscurity, I think.

A little bit Edwyn Collins methinks.

On 2017-4-23 at 23:02, blobloblob said:

Introduce bands you've heard of, but no-one else has here.

Hello Operator will be playing at a festival I'm going to. Hadn't heard of them before until I started trawling through the line up looking for new stuff. Very Royal Blood-like but they sound decent.

Seen them a couple of times. VG. Surprised not bigger by now.

These lot were VG live as well.

• 4 weeks later...
A tremendous # on the lung

Young lad I saw on the Glastonbury coverage - Declan McKenna - seems really talented. Anyone heard of him?

I've got that seafood album. Pretty good as I recall. 

Archived