DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

New lows for an overcrowded nation

onlyme

One percent
36 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

My brown pickup looks dirty after 10 minutes too.

Only car I've had that didn't look too bad was white - but this was because I wiped it down after almost each use. xD

Did you post a picture of your pickup a while back?  I recall it looking like a very posh pickup.  Just wipe it down as you did the white one and it'll be fine. :)

Wight Flight
5 hours ago, One percent said:

I was warned off a black car by my mechanic years ago for that very reason.  Looks fantastic for about 2 minutes after washing. Silver is very good along with any light colour. The darker the worse. 

This may be cobblers but I was told you should never put a black car through an automatic car was as for some reason (the paint is softer?) It can damage the finish.

I do know that AFN Porsche used to hand wash all their black cars.

One percent
8 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

This may be cobblers but I was told you should never put a black car through an automatic car was as for some reason (the paint is softer?) It can damage the finish.

It might be that the paint swirls from automated car washes show more on a black car.  I'm just guessing though 

Frank Hovis
49 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

It hasn't for mine anyway.

You may be right but I find that so much car knowledge dates rapidly.  Such as change your car before 100k when these days 200k is very comfortably achieved.

On 26/04/2017 at 18:29, Frank Hovis said:

It hasn't for mine anyway.

You may be right but I find that so much car knowledge dates rapidly.  Such as change your car before 100k when these days 200k is very comfortably achieved.

That's another ten years for me, then. Pity because I have just been looking at a newer car!

Bkkandrew

I remember many years ago when I went on holiday back to the U.K. and went to a car wash. My then Thai GF marveled at this whirring machine cleaning the car but was equally puzzled saying "why don't they just get a young boy to do it".

I recall solemnly telling her that progress meant that some menial jobs were automated in the West and that would happen in time in the East also.

I have no doubt that if I bumped into her again (she lives in Belfast, so somewhat unlikely), then she would once again be able to bring up a subject where she had been 'right all along' now that the U.K. has seemingly regressed to youngsters manually washing cars.