• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battenberg

I'm Freezing

Fucking freezing yesterday in manc - had all weathers. Sunny but cold in the morning. Then pissing it down rain, then galeforce wind, then hail, then sun, then overcast cloud, then more fucking cold rain. 

Today it's been sunny but really cold ...

15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I know. That's why I said it was *unseasonably* grim - i.e. it is even more grim than usual.

Were you also such a troublesome pupil at school..?

XYY

I was master, yes. 

Not really, the worst I did was sneak out at lunchtime to the railway chippy, the one owned by spy's grandparents for a battered pineapple ring. 

44 minutes ago, eight said:

Don't you feel guilty, knowing that your wanton use of fossil fuels is contributing to global warming?

All part of the plan

The fridge door is wide open and everything with an engine is ticking over nicely

You can thank me when summer arrives

22 minutes ago, One percent said:

I was master, yes. 

Not really, the worst I did was sneak out at lunchtime to the railway chippy, the one owned by spy's grandparents for a battered pineapple ring. 

Me and the other grumpy, middle-aged fuckers at work got talking about the effect of the 1984 miner's strike on the local area during our dinner-break today - and Fat Bob from Blackhall Colliery told a chip-shop related story from that time that I feel compelled to bore you all with.

Towards the end of the strike, as some less militant collieries were already back at work, one of the many staunch strikers from Blackhall found himself with some spare money to get all of his family a bag of chips after selling some coal that he'd stolen. This was a luxury they hadn't enjoyed for some time, and he proudly walked into the most popular local chip-shop and placed his order.

The owner expressed some surprise at seeing him in the shop, and asked him how much longer he thought the strike would last.

The customer admitted it would be a few weeks at the most.

"Good." replied the chip-shop owner, "I've lost a fucking fortune while you cunts have been out"..!

The next morning, there was a hole where the chip-shop door had been, and no trace remained of anything that had been in the shop - from the frying ovens to the fish-slice.

His Hartlepool shop suffered a similar fate.

Serves the cunt right...

XYY

7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Me and the other grumpy, middle-aged fuckers at work got talking about the effect of the 1984 miner's strike on the local area during our dinner-break today - and Fat Bob from Blackhall Colliery told a chip-shop related story from that time that I feel compelled to bore you all with.

Towards the end of the strike, as some less militant collieries were already back at work, one of the many staunch strikers from Blackhall found himself with some spare money to get all of his family a bag of chips after selling some coal that he'd stolen. This was a luxury they hadn't enjoyed for some time, and he proudly walked into the most popular local chip-shop and placed his order.

The owner expressed some surprise at seeing him in the shop, and asked him how much longer he thought the strike would last.

The customer admitted it would be a few weeks at the most.

"Good." replied the chip-shop owner, "I've lost a fucking fortune while you cunts have been out"..!

The next morning, there was a hole where the chip-shop door had been, and no trace remained of anything that had been in the shop - from the frying ovens to the fish-slice.

His Hartlepool shop suffered a similar fate.

Serves the cunt right...

XYY

A nice story that warms the cockles of the heart. Two things it brings to mind.  

First, a more conducive conversation would have been on the impact of thatcher. The strike was just a causal,effect.  

Second, he liberated the coal. B|

Been absolutely baltic here in the North West. Today was better but yesterday was like December. 

I had the arse going to work in it and was bloody frozen up until about three when I was zinged mercilessly by a massive hailstorm.

Fucked it off at that point and retired to the relative safety of the pub.

After ten years working outdoors, I think I'm qualified to state: British weather is shit.

47 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

My heating has been on for 3 hours on average a day for the past 2 weeks. 

I miss my old house where I could turn it off in March.  

I'm still blessed with my winter coat at the mo, the shearing contractors are due in the second week of May so fingers crossed it warms up by then or my two teaties will be frozzzz.

p.s. Like humans we sheep are only equipped to suckle two.