• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
dgul

Norks

4 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Still waiting for a translation on this one. Wtf is/are Norks if not boobies??

North Koreans. I don't think yanks use the word norks for fun bags.

Edited by Oskar

20 hours ago, Oskar said:

No. In his book, 'Down Under' about Australia, Bill Bryson, relates a tale where he asked a female hotel receptionist what Norks meant as he had seen it written in an Australian publication. If it were in comman American parlance, he would have probably known what it meant, and not had to ask.

Edited by Mirror Mirror

1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

No. In his book, 'Down Under' about Australia, Bill Bryson, relates a tale where he asked a female hotel receptionist what Norks meant as he had seen it written in an Australian publication. If it were in comman American parlance, he would have probably known what it meant, and not had to ask.

I have a conference call with some yanks tomorrow so will ask what the first thing that pops into their minds when I say "norks". :D

23 hours ago, Oskar said:

No they don't.  Neither do Canadians.  It means North Koreans and only that.  I am left wondering how Brits come up with norks meaning boobs.  Then again maybe you don't call 'em hooters.  It is not often I click on a thread that I think will be  interesting only to find it is even better. 

21 hours ago, Oskar said:

I have a conference call with some yanks tomorrow so will ask what the first thing that pops into their minds when I say "norks". :D

I work in the high-volume production of automotive ECUs, and was in a conference-call with our US design-centre this week - the subject of which was a new product, featuring enhanced security measures that are intended to stop talented hackers getting the firmware from our ECUs via possible vulnerabilities in the vehicle's LAN.

The part of this that affects me, is the requirement to flash-program a truly random number into the micro-controller during my stage of the manufacturing process.

I asked them to explain further - and they told me that is was a NONCE number...!!!

(Google it)

I spent the next ten minutes with my forefinger furiously jabbing at the "mute" button every time I heard the word "nonce" in a mid-Western American accent - while pissing my pants laughing like some 9 year-old school-boy...!

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Looks like the N. Koreans have just launched a ballistic missile, but it failed again.

Not sure what will happen next.  The presumption is that this is a direct snub to China, who's been trying to reign in Kim since the last test, and that China, Russia and the US will now have a mandate to collectively punish Kim (ie, targeted 'warning strike').