• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Earthquakes - is the big one about to happen?

The Kambalny volcano, located in the Yuzhno-Kamchatsky wildlife preserve on the Kamchatka penisular, has erupted for the first time in over 250 years. It is located just north of Japan on the ring of fire. Pretty impressive site.

I was reading an article this week about California. Scientists taking core samples were surprised to find evidence of a significant drop in the land several times over the past 2,500 or so years. They are now speculating that the much feared 'big one' on the Pacific Coast could see large areas of land drop by up to 30 inches in a matter of moments.

The result would be vast amounts of the ocean simply flooding in, in moments, across large parts of the coast. It would be the Japanese tsnuami on steroids.

Anyhow, something to thing about this Sunday morning.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The Kambalny volcano, located in the Yuzhno-Kamchatsky wildlife preserve on the Kamchatka penisular, has erupted for the first time in over 250 years. It is located just north of Japan on the ring of fire. Pretty impressive site.

I was reading an article this week about California. Scientists taking core samples were surprised to find evidence of a significant drop in the land several times over the past 2,500 or so years. They are now speculating that the much feared 'big one' on the Pacific Coast could see large areas of land drop by up to 30 inches in a matter of moments.

The result would be vast amounts of the ocean simply flooding in, in moments, across large parts of the coast. It would be the Japanese tsnuami on steroids.

Anyhow, something to thing about this Sunday morning.

In the 1964 Alaskan Earthquake some areas of Anchorage dropped by more than 10 feet.

1 hour ago, Flirtygirty said:

In the 1964 Alaskan Earthquake some areas of Anchorage dropped by more than 10 feet.

Thanks. Found a very informative site on that.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/events/alaska1964/

Edit:

Video at above link says there was a wave that was 20 stories high in some parts of Alaska.

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Swansea is not on a major fault lineO.o

When I was a child I was very proud of the fact that the Guiness Book of Records used to state that the last earthquake in the UK was in 1911.

Alas, sometime in the 1990's earth tremors became all the rage in the UK and we seem to have had loads since then. Aliens drilling beneath our feet? The Chinese? Or did they just redefine what an earthquake is like they bullied Pluto?

13 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

When I was a child I was very proud of the fact that the Guiness Book of Records used to state that the last earthquake in the UK was in 1911.

Alas, sometime in the 1990's earth tremors became all the rage in the UK and we seem to have had loads since then. Aliens drilling beneath our feet? The Chinese? Or did they just redefine what an earthquake is like they bullied Pluto?

Ah the great Ardwick Swarm of 2002 .. 
There was two in the 80s as well. One broke our swimming pool at school.

Read up on the Santorini Eruption in 1600BC (or 1600BCE depending on your level of PCness) which produced a 450' high tidal wave and destroyed classical civilisation in the med. The documentary that led me ot look further also said the force of the eruption was equivalent to letting off all the nukes in the world at the same time in the same place!

Methinks we are overdue a big civilastion changing event, and in reference to the California one previously I've also heard that one side of the island of Tenerife could slip into the Atlantic at anytime and produce a monstrous tidal wave.

There is also accounts of a huge devastating tidal wave in the Bristol Channel some time in the middle ages.

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Read up on the Santorini Eruption in 1600BC (or 1600BCE depending on your level of PCness) which produced a 450' high tidal wave and destroyed classical civilisation in the med. The documentary that led me ot look further also said the force of the eruption was equivalent to letting off all the nukes in the world at the same time in the same place!

Methinks we are overdue a big civilastion changing event, and in reference to the California one previously I've also heard that one side of the island of Tenerife could slip into the Atlantic at anytime and produce a monstrous tidal wave.

There is also accounts of a huge devastating tidal wave in the Bristol Channel some time in the middle ages.

Ooh, I know nothing about that. Why didn't Timewatch do a doc on that? I have some reading to do. Talk about floods and building arks.

There's the sand dunes in Pyle, near Port Talbot, where there was once a very prosperous Norman town but apparently it got destroyed in the tidal wave.

The article I read about California said that if - when - it happens it will be so sudden that people cannot comprehend how rapid the collapse would be and how fast vast areas would fill with water. There would no chance of running or driving away. Could be 1600 BC all over again.

You none of you live on a volcano. Even the Edinburgh one won't go off. Not like my good lady friend Astrid Friggsdottir, who lives half way up SkullfuckerBogWasterFilthBongar, behind the fish factory

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

You none of you live on a volcano. Even the Edinburgh one won't go off. Not like my good lady friend Astrid Friggsdottir, who lives half way up SkullfuckerBogWasterFilthBongar, behind the fish factory

XYY's never done me behind a fish factory - but he did slip me one behind the Regal Bingo in Hartelpool once.

He certainly smelled of fish afterwards....

Mrs XYY

1 minute ago, Mrs XYY said:

XYY's never done me behind a fish factory - but he did slip me one behind the Regal Bingo in Hartelpool once.

He certainly smelled of fish afterwards....

Mrs XYY

Way aye Mrs XYY, don't let yer hubby know, but North of the Tyne girls are not shy, and I am some wimpy chap from Larnden, and they almost wore my cock out!

8 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Way aye Mrs XYY, don't let yer hubby know, but North of the Tyne girls are not shy, and I am some wimpy chap from Larnden, and they almost wore my cock out!

Hope you washed it in Swarfega afterwards...

XYY

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Why Mister Pin - what colourful and risque stories you tell.

Good job I'm a discrete lady - with a modicum of class, and more than a little quality breeding.

And - unlike my dozy husband - I can keep me fuckin' big gob shut about the back of the bastard bingo...!

Mrs XYY

You forgot to wear the wig, and does your wife know you're wasting time here, when you have to fix the bathroom?

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

You forgot to wear the wig, and does your wife know you're wasting time here, when you have to fix the bathroom?

Damn - I thought I'd edited that quick enough.

I confess - me and "Mrs XYY" are one and the same.

I'm sure we had most of you fooled...

;)

EDIT: Shit - I've done it again...!

XYY