Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Uranium - huge potential?


The Masked Tulip

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Been following some gurus who have been tracking the uranium market. Worth a read:

(The below link might not stay free for long. It might disapppear.)

https://rambus1.com/2017/04/23/weekend-report-uranium-waiting-in-the-wings-for-tomorrows-bull-market/

Looks like a reasonable argument to me.

I'll chuck a grand into Cameco next time I've got some spare cash  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

Looks like a reasonable argument to me.

I'll chuck a grand into Cameco next time I've got some spare cash  :)

Cameco is currently doing a big retrace. According to the gurus I follow it is either about to go back to the Dec lows... or is about to bottom in the next 2 - 3 days with the potential of it doubling by the end of the month and a triple before the year is out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Cameco is currently doing a big retrace. According to the gurus I follow it is either about to go back to the Dec lows... or is about to bottom in the next 2 - 3 days with the potential of it doubling by the end of the month and a triple before the year is out.

My cashflow may see me miss the shorter term action :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil

I was watching uranium miners during the last bubble 2007. Did very well, then it went out of fashion. If it runs, the gains can be huge. Still have them in my porfolio but no positions of course. They havent done much at all for a long time.

What did he say in the article on it, "im too lazy to read it..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I buy Uranium glass ornaments from the 30s to 50s! They are essentially ornamental low level nuclear waste. Put the UV lamp on and they glow green. MrPin has once again entertained his nieces/nephews! O.o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Green Devil said:

I was watching uranium miners during the last bubble 2007. Did very well, then it went out of fashion. If it runs, the gains can be huge. Still have them in my porfolio but no positions of course. They havent done much at all for a long time.

What did he say in the article on it, "im too lazy to read it..."

Essentially that they haven't done much for a long time, and that given that our choice would appear to be that we either mine a shit load in short order for nuclear power - pushing the price up significantly - or get used to going to bed when the sun goes down, the price is likely to go up. A lot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kurt Barlow
51 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Essentially that they haven't done much for a long time, and that given that our choice would appear to be that we either mine a shit load in short order for nuclear power - pushing the price up significantly - or get used to going to bed when the sun goes down, the price is likely to go up. A lot.

 

I was interviewed and offer a job last year with Rio Tinto (didn't take it as it was untenable - Part time FIFO out of Darwin) . Anyway the Manager (interviewer) said that there had been bugger all prospecting for decades. They were basically reprocessing old mine wastes which new technology had made worth putting through the mill again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/04/2017 at 13:10, Chewing Grass said:

I want to invest in physical metal, anyone got any?

Home storage may present a little bit of a problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

longtomsilver

Cameco is an interesting one and I'll consider investing/diversifying here. I've been stake building in Aura Energy as recently as last week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SpectrumFX
On 30/04/2017 at 07:46, Kurt Barlow said:

I was interviewed and offer a job last year with Rio Tinto (didn't take it as it was untenable - Part time FIFO out of Darwin) . Anyway the Manager (interviewer) said that there had been bugger all prospecting for decades. They were basically reprocessing old mine wastes which new technology had made worth putting through the mill again.

Thanks for that. It's always useful to get some Intel from the coal face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil

Ura is the ticker for uranium etf tracker. Would like to buy at 10$ but with all the tipsters on it, expect it won't get there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil

Just noticed i bought a little bit last week. Long term hold. In ten years i will either have 10x my investment or be worth bugger all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Green Devil

Got in a 12.6, see if it can clear the 50 ema now, 9 and 20 turning up, need to see some upside move, sideways aint good

 

URA.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
SpectrumFX
On 2017-4-29 at 14:09, SpectrumFX said:

Looks like a reasonable argument to me.

I'll chuck a grand into Cameco next time I've got some spare cash  :)

There we go. Bought a grands worth today. I'll check back in in 10 years or so and let you all know how I got on. xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Devil
On 6/7/2017 at 16:18, SpectrumFX said:

There we go. Bought a grands worth today. I'll check back in in 10 years or so and let you all know how I got on. xD

Nice one, up 3% today, i added some CCJ too :) Also took a punt on some UEC, in for a penny in for a pound..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Uranium mines having a very good day today.

Cameco is up about 13%

Apparently Kazakhstan are cutting the production of their state owned miner Kazatomprom by 20% for the next 3 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
longtomsilver

I’ve taken profits on 3million sub penny WTI shares and bought 500 URA ETF for £6,000 and have £4,000 left to spend on Cameco (it’s held within the ETF anyway); waiting at the moment but looks like it’ll buy 500 shares. 

Whose been tempted? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
longtomsilver

 

On 21/12/2017 at 19:22, longtomsilver said:

I’ve taken profits on 3million sub penny WTI shares and bought 500 URA ETF for £6,000 and have £4,000 left to spend on Cameco (it’s held within the ETF anyway); waiting at the moment but looks like it’ll buy 500 shares. 

Whose been tempted? 

My ETF hasn't performed at all well and I'll probably exit with a small (£1000) loss as the cost of production remains higher than spot however an interesting business model and future listing presents itself....

On 29/04/2017 at 13:10, Chewing Grass said:

I want to invest in physical metal, anyone got any?

Uranium trader Yellow Cake is looking to list next month on AIM and I'll try and participate in the IPO if it's open to retail investors. The operation is simply to buy the metal at a discount to spot and hold. This is as close to investing in the physical metal itself?! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Similar Content

    • No One
      By No One
      So after six years of reading threads on TOS,  and now here (where all the cool kids are), I have decided to dip my foot in the market . 
      For years I waited for the Housing Crash, only for it to slip further away after following bad advice. During this time I have also seen the stock market rocket into an obvious bubble. But finally the stocks popped and now I'm trying to get into the reflation as per @DurhamBorn 's famous thread.
      So armed with my 400 quid, and the valuable knowledge gained here I've started trading. I'll post what I buy, and why I've bought, and you can tell me if I'm right or not.
       
      Platform

      Firstly, I chose Trading 212 because the don't charge commission, its instant and they have ISA.
      I looked at Robin Hood but that's not available in the UK and Freetrade has less stocks to trade. Also they don't do fractional shares which is something I need for my tiny budget.
      If you have better platforms that cost nothing please let me know.

       
       
       
       
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...