• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

So-Called BBC and bias against Corbynistas

If the Labour Party under its extreme leadership think that the So-Called BBC is a closet section of the Conservative Party, then this says more about Labour than it does about the So-Called BBC or the Tories! 

The So-Called BBC is the mouthpiece of the establishment.  It has no partisan loyalties to any political party but acts to spread the hegemonic message that is required by the elite.  Propaganda and misinformation are the tool of their trade.

this photo, posted on another thread sums it up nicely imho 

IMG_0622.JPG

Have to agree with One percent. No particular party bias, but the mouthpiece of the status quo/establishment. Some areas of their output are blatantly didactic, but I actually think this tendency is true of much more of their output. They do see it as their role to tell you what to think. 

Actually think it's a good thing to have pro-Tory presenters, like Nick Robinson, as well as liberal left ones (likely most of them if we are honest).  Probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have some harder left, UKIP and obvious green ones too. 

It does seem strange that minor parties like UKIP seem to get a disproportionate amount of coverage considering the actual number of MPs they have while the official opposition sometimes seems to struggle to get their policies and announcements covered.  Just looking at the So-Called So-Called So-Called BBC news home page at the moment, and the incumbent party's latest announcement is the lead story as you might expect, while the only Labour story is below the fold and given similar prominence to some blogger standing for election.  Above it,  are two McCann stories!

I cannot say whether Corbyn is any good or not, but between the Guardian (who essentially trashed him from the start) and the So-Called So-Called So-Called BBC (who basically ignore him) it's clear they've marked him as antiestablishment and are treating him accordingly. 

Edited by SCC

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Prompted by a FB loon friend posting this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nick-robinson-ken-loach-booed-trade-tory-bias-union-communication-workers-event-So-Called So-Called BBC-today-jeremy-a7705141.html

What do you reckon the BBCs bias is?

My opinion- leftish, nanny statism.

Same Nick Robinson who said that the So-Called BBC had no obligation to be impartial about Brexit as soon as the referendum was over. 

The So-Called BBC is definitely statist and certainly a bit left. I'd also tag it as hugely metropolitan and very specifically London focused. It also collectively seems to despise at worst, condescend to at best, anyone not in the same demographic as the vast majority of its own employees.

3 hours ago, SCC said:

Actually think it's a good thing to have pro-Tory presenters, like Nick Robinson

If he's pro-Tory I'm a banana! He may have been a Tory once but decades at the So-Called BBC have clearly turned him.

Robinson is a Red Tory at best. 

An easy way to spot the leftist dogma is to watch an episode of Question Time. Count how many panel members are on the right politically: It's always 1. Very very occasionally 2, out of 5. If they were even striving for balance they'd aim for 2 or 3 every week. 

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Like Pinocchio, there are no strings on me.

Pinocchio would be an excellent politician. His nose grows when he lies.O.o

They'll back anyone who pushes cultural marxism and attack anyone against it.

Pro: Minorities, LGBT, Paedophiles, muslims, women, feminism, multiculturalism, illegal immigration, globalism

Anti: Whites, Heterosexuals, Men, Christians, Patriots

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Diane Abbot's gut grows each time she tells a lie.

Mock her policies, not the woman! I'm sure as a black lady some years older than me, she has had to deal with some rotten stuff!o.O

17 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Mock her policies, not the woman! I'm sure as a black lady some years older than me, she has had to deal with some rotten stuff!o.O

Not as much as a working class  black woman though.  

22 hours ago, One percent said:

The So-Called BBC is the mouthpiece of the establishment.  It has no partisan loyalties to any political party but acts to spread the hegemonic message that is required by the elite.  Propaganda and misinformation are the tool of their trade.

this photo, posted on another thread sums it up nicely imho 

IMG_0622.JPG

Agreed.

the So-Called BBC like most of the establishment don't really feel comfortable with Corbyn. They would be much happier with someone like Blair in charge of Labour.

It is for that reason alone I think people who are hoping Labour to take a drubbing in the Polls in June should be careful what they wish for as they are likely to get someone in the Blair/Macron mold instead. This particularly applies if you want a total Brexit from the clutches of the EU.

BTW Blair is talking about getting his 'hands dirty' in the election. Presumably that will be as soon as he has washed the blood of tens of thousands of dead Iraqis off them.

Edited by Flirtygirty

I'm an undecided voter.

Theresa May could have been appealing but why on earth she raised the prospect of allowing a free vote to overturn the ban on fox hunting - that's put me right off.

Tim Fallon is an absolute f-wit - he's managed to cherry pick a handful of virtue signalling policies that nobody will vote for, certainly not me.

Diane Abbottopotamus is abhorrent, turns me right off voting Labour, yet I quite like some of their manifesto, and can't really understand the massive negativity towards Corbyn.

Just so grateful we in the UK benefit from the B.B.C -  neutral, fair, balanced reporting with no agenda. Which is why when considering voting Labour I'm put off by the reporting everyday in every B.B.C. bulletin, from far and wide across the nation that others are distrustful of Jeremy, he doesn't know what he is doing, and sometimes has even been called an idiot. The one overwhelming message our B.B.C. are determined to get across is that in every town, from darkest Welsh former mining communities, abandoned steel plant towns in the North, to South-East seaside towns that they forgot to close down - THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME THAT ALWAYS VOTED LABOUR BUT BECAUSE OF JEREMY CORBYN THEY ARE NOW GOING TO VOTE CONSERVATIVE BECAUSE THEY REALLY LIKE THERESA MAY - She is going to provide strong and stable government.

Thank you B.B.C. for helping me decide.  

I have come to the conclusion that the rot in democracy is directly caused by party politics. Keep meaning to go back in history (when I have the time) and work out how the system has evolved into what it is now.

The big problem for me is that you are supposed to be voting for someone to represent your area in Parliament. This is the basic laudable principle of democracy and this is where it now falls down.

In an ideal situation all the candidates would have local knowledge and would be able to stand as independents, as of the last election  there were 2.

The peaks for independent MPs are not unsurprisingly directly after WW1, the great depression, and 1945.

If you are lucky, you may actually have candidates who are local from the two main parties but more than likely you may have some twat foisted on you as your seat is considered safe for one of their cronys. Your MP then in most cases does as he is told, he knows what side his bread is buttered on and doesn't want deselecting or quietly being encouraged to quit behind closed doors.

A two party state is probably no different to a one party state as the chaps who pull the strings from above only have two to deal with so can cover either eventuality which is why their manifestos may as well be written on toilet paper.

My parents next door neighbour is a fantastic guy, passionate local councillor, but became extremely disillusioned when he put himself up for selection for a traditional labour seat being vacated by a highly respected local MP who has moved on to a different rung of politics. Needless to say he thought the whole selection process was a disgracefull sham as the party had already chosen a southerner for the seat and the process was effectively a charade.

So if you are an undecided voter, I wouldn't think too hard about the whole process as your single vote makes fuck-all difference other than to you own conscience.

Now if everyone voted with their concience the result may actually be different, if only the passionate independents had the same publicity their put-up rivals have.

Edited by Chewing Grass
comprehensive spelling & grammar

4 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I have come to the conclusion that the rot in democracy is directly caused by party politics. Keep meaning to go back in history (when I have the time) and work out how the system has evolved into what it is now.

The big problem for me is that you are supposed to be voting for someone to represent your area in Parliament. This is the basic laudable principle of democracy and this is where it now falls down.

In an ideal situation all the candidates would have local knowledge and would be able to stand as independents, as of the last election  there were 2.

The peaks for independent MPs are not unsurprisingly directly after WW1, the great depression, and 1945.

If you are lucky, you may actually have candidates who are local from the two main parties but more than likely you may have some twat foisted on you as your seat is considered safe for one of their cronys. Your MP then in most cases does as he is told, he knows what side his bread is buttered on and doesn't want deselecting or quietly being encouraged to quit behind closed doors.

A two party state is probably no different to a one party state as the chaps who pull the strings from above only have two to deal with so can cover either eventuality which is why their manifestos may as well be written on toilet paper.

My parents next door neighbour is a fantastic guy, passionate local councillor, but became extremely disillusioned when he put himself up for selection for a traditional labour seat being vacated by a highly respected local MP who has moved on to a different rung of politics. Needless to say he thought the whole selection process was a disgracefull sham as the party had already chosen a southerner for the seat and the process was effectively a charade.

So if you are an undecided voter, I wouldn't think too hard about the whole process as your single vote makes fuck-all difference other than to you own consience.

Now if everyone voted with their concience the result may actually be different, if only the passionate independents had the same publicity their put-up rivals have.

Top post chewy. I can't find much here to disagree with.  It's democracy Jim but not as we know it. 

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

So if you are an undecided voter, I wouldn't think too hard about the whole process as your single vote makes fuck-all difference other than to you own consience.

Top post!

Parties have become brands, corporations whose raison d'etre has become keeping their elite in power.

As a result, doctrine and coherent principles take a back seat to populism. Rather than derive a manifesto from what the politicians actually believe in, policies are derived from what they believe you want to hear. Politicians don't believe in their policies, they give you the policies they believe you want.  A big difference.

A giveaway. for example, were the LibDems complaining that Labour had pinched one of it's policies. If they believed in the rightness of the policy, they would be delighted that another party supported it. Instead, they regard it as a threat to their chance of gaining power. This is how modern party politics works. It's Pepsi versus Coke.

And once a party gets into power, they can't be trusted to stick to the policies, because they are not always based on principles they actually believe in. The manifesto has just served to get them into positions of power and priviledge.

This is the main reason I have no affiliation or loyalty to any particular party. If they blow in the wind, then inevitably so will I.

Edited by Happy Renting

8 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Parties have become brands, corporations whose raison d'etre has become keeping their elite in power.

As a result, doctrine and coherent principles take a back seat to populism. Rather than derive a manifesto from what the politicians actually believe in, policies are derived from what they believe you want to hear. Politicians don't believe in their policies, they give you the policies they believe you want.  A big difference.

A giveaway. for example, were the LibDems complaining that Labour had pinched one of it's policies. If they believed in the rightness of the policy, they would be delighted that another party supported it. Instead, they regard it as a threat to their chance of gaining power. This is how modern party politics works. It's Pepsi versus Coke.

And once a party gets into power, they can't be trusted to stick to the policies, because they are not always based on principles they actually believe in. The manifesto has just served to get them into positions of power and priviledge.

This is the main reason I have no affiliation or loyalty to any particular party. If they blow in the wind, then inevitably so will I.

Another top post. The analysis is strong tonight. 

On 5/1/2017 at 09:54, gibbon said:

They'll back anyone who pushes cultural marxism and attack anyone against it.

Pro: Minorities, LGBT, Paedophiles, muslims, women, feminism, multiculturalism, illegal immigration, globalism

Anti: Whites, Heterosexuals, Men, Christians, Patriots

Yup. In a nutshell. the So-Called BBC hate White Christians.

On 01/05/2017 at 10:23, One percent said:

Not as much as a working class  black woman though.  

Indeed as there are posh black people. Used to work with a Nigerian bloke from St. John's Wood. Nice chap! Thoroughly British.

With an upcoming election, with an almost certain conservative win, they'll suck up to them to keep their telly tax in place. First rule of BBC is to look after BBC, after that they can peddle their favourite agendas, most/some of which are aligned with the establishment, some more personal and highly ingrained within their own social/metropolitan  mindset. Brit has shown that they have nothing but sneering contempt for a significant proportion of those who are forced at gun point to pay for their output. Disgusting organisation.