• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

Don't be a moaner

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well done the restaurant; she's going to be the type who makes noisy complaints that will disrupt people trying to have a quiet meal without some gobby mare shooting her mouth off every visit.

Agreed.  Anyone who works in the service sector knows there is a certain type of client that will make a spurious complaint to get their bill reduced.  It is soul destroying for hard workers and very stressful. In my job one of the most time consuming things I have to deal with is shit like this.

The ban is justified.

But then if you want decent food, what on earth are you doing going there in the first place.. my experiences with those are that they barely rise above mediocre and you could instead seek out a local restaurant with chefs instead of a chain with cooks.

How can you repeatedly complain about a restaurant and go back? You'd need a huge amount of brass neck to go to a restaurant where you always complain.

I wonder if the chef whipped up a special sauce for her steak? If I worked there I probably would have.

13 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

How can you repeatedly complain about a restaurant and go back? You'd need a huge amount of brass neck to go to a restaurant where you always complain.

I wonder if the chef whipped up a special sauce for her steak? If I worked there I probably would have.

In the past I've "witnessed" the following in kitchens where certain guests have complained over and over agin (IMO with the only intent to get a freebie)

• Playing football with a jacket potato
  • Taking ones grubby hands and fondling as much of a sandwhich as is humanly possible
  • Spitting in soup
  • Placing a steak inside someones pants and taking a good long walk

Yes it goes on...and much more than you'd think.

This place had quite a well-to-do customer base as well so you're not really safe anywhere.

My mate who used to work in the catering trade made it very clear to me that you never ever ever complain if you intend on having any more food come out of that kitchen. It's just not worth it.

If somewhere is shit, just chalk it up to experience and don't go there anymore.

3 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

In the past I've "witnessed" the following in kitchens where certain guests have complained over and over agin (IMO with the only intent to get a freebie)

• Playing football with a jacket potato
  • Taking ones grubby hands and fondling as much of a sandwhich as is humanly possible
  • Spitting in soup
  • Placing a steak inside someones pants and taking a good long walk

Yes it goes on...and much more than you'd think.

This place had quite a well-to-do customer base as well so you're not really safe anywhere.

Tbh, in a "master/ servant" relationship the "servant" can't really do a lot if the "master" is being a dick. So sooner or later the servant will start doing naughty things...

I had a line manager that was repeatedly a dick. I couldn't really do a lot about the situation without losing my job. So I used to rub my penis/ testicles over his mug. Tbh, I don't feel guilty about it.

43 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, in a "master/ servant" relationship the "servant" can't really do a lot if the "master" is being a dick. So sooner or later the servant will start doing naughty things...

I had a line manager that was repeatedly a dick. I couldn't really do a lot about the situation without losing my job. So I used to rub my penis/ testicles over his mug. Tbh, I don't feel guilty about it.

Hope you washed your penis afterwards xD

39 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

My mate who used to work in the catering trade made it very clear to me that you never ever ever complain if you intend on having any more food come out of that kitchen. It's just not worth it.

If somewhere is shit, just chalk it up to experience and don't go there anymore.

Would a restaurant not want to know if their standards are slipping rather than their customer base just evaporating for no apparent reason? 

Also, should the same apply for allergens or gluten? I think they really need to know if they're claiming they can provide food that's free of allergens or gluten but are causing a reaction.

28 minutes ago, This Time said:

Would a restaurant not want to know if their standards are slipping rather than their customer base just evaporating for no apparent reason? 

Also, should the same apply for allergens or gluten? I think they really need to know if they're claiming they can provide food that's free of allergens or gluten but are causing a reaction.

Sure, kick off if you want to make a point of something. Just don't eat there afterwards. 

This may or may not be the typical response when you send food back, but it's not a risk I'm taking.

xD

42 minutes ago, This Time said:

I will sometimes make a comment if something is not right..  usually framed as constructively as possible, like "the soup was really great but I'm not sure about the strawberry and chocolate cod goujons..  they were a bit awful to be honest".  I will only do that at the end of a meal and if I'm not likely to go back again in the very near future..  for the reasons up thread.

Not to be nasty,  but just so the chef gets some honest feedback.  If the overal experience is poor there's probably not much point complaining..  just don't ever go back.

1 minute ago, Libspero said:

I will sometimes make a comment if something is not right..  usually framed as constructively as possible, like "the soup was really great but I'm not sure about the strawberry and chocolate cod goujons..  they were a bit awful to be honest".  I will only do that at the end of a meal and if I'm not likely to go back again in the very near future..  for the reasons up thread.

Not to be nasty,  but just so the chef gets some honest feedback.  If the overal experience is poor there's probably not much point complaining..  just don't ever go back.

Well, if you order strawberry and cod goujons, you get everything you deserve. :)

on a more serious note, I have a mate who complains every time I go out with her. She uses it as a way of getting money off the bill. Quite frankly, it’s embarrassing. 

I went out once with her and her mother and they both did it. o.O

If I'm really cheesed off with something I will get up and only pay for what I've already eaten (even if I know the chef probably has the rest of the meal cooking somewhere out back).

I've only done that twice that I can ever remember.  And never gone back.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

on a more serious note, I have a mate who complains every time I go out with her. She uses it as a way of getting money off the bill. Quite frankly, it’s embarrassing. 

I went out once with her and her mother and they both did it. o.O

Hard to understand people who would do that..  it seems so fundamentally dishonest.

I would have thought a restaurant might re-cook a dish if someone wasn't happy with it..  but I'm surprised they even offer discounts (especially if they ate it!).

Is it really that common?

Just now, Libspero said:

Hard to understand people who would do that..  it seems so fundamentally dishonest.

I would have thought a restaurant might re-cook a dish if someone wasn't happy with it..  but I'm surprised they even offer discounts (especially if they ate it!).

Is it really that common?

Well my mate challenges everything.  If it isn’t a direct complaint, it is that the portion is too small, there is not enough butter for her jacket potato. The list is endless. 

Come to think of it, I don’t know why I still bother. It really is embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Come to think of it, I don’t know why I still bother. It really is embarrassing. 

I wouldn't..  you've probably already eaten several sneeze sandwiches just by association! :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well my mate challenges everything.  If it isn’t a direct complaint, it is that the portion is too small, there is not enough butter for her jacket potato. The list is endless. 

That is the moment they are waiting for :ph34r:

Edited by Hopeful

14 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I wouldn't..  you've probably already eaten several sneeze sandwiches just by association! :ph34r:

Aye - and the complimentary soup she got at the Chinese was probably the cream of sum yung guy...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

36 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Sneezers are just normal these days ;) that and some armpit scratchings.

Even for perfect customer behaviour on a first visit.

Edited by twocents