• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Oh my homeless. Thats austerity for you!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4461332/Manchester-s-hidden-homeless-Pictures-conditions.html?ito=social-facebook

Ive argued this with the bleeding heart loons, who bang on about the rise in homeless.

They are not homeless, I say. They are in the wrong fcking country.

Bit like the joke of Romanian big issue sellers.

Can i go to Monaco, Bahamas and declare myself homeless.?

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4461332/Manchester-s-hidden-homeless-Pictures-conditions.html?ito=social-facebook

Ive argued this with the bleeding heart loons, who bang on about the rise in homeless.

They are not homeless, I say. They are in the wrong fcking country.

Bit like the joke of Romanian big issue sellers.

Can i go to Monaco, Bahamas and declare myself homeless.?

I think you have to own a business in the Seychelles before they'll let you move in..

Welcome to SlumBritain. It's really not our responsibility to house these people. Send them back whence they came.

Fuck me, we've turned the uk (at least Manchester) into a third world shithole.  That headline should read 'why is the government allowing the unemployable from other countries to come here are ruin our once beautiful cities (well apart from Manchester) '

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Fuck me, we've turned the uk (at least Manchester) into a third world shithole.  That headline should read 'why is the government allowing the unemployable from other countries to come here are ruin our once beautiful cities (well apart from Manchester) '

It's gotten to the point where it's a question that you have to take into account before buying one of the overpriced houses in this country - how will the demographic of the area change in a decade? Will I end up in the middle of a bunch of slum housing?

Just now, One percent said:

Try walking through any large city at night.

There are hordes if migrant dossers.

West London even manages Indian slum under a lot of road bridges.

Just now, JoeDavola said:

It's gotten to the point where it's a question that you have to take into account before buying one of the overpriced houses in this country - how will the demographic of the area change in a decade? Will I end up in the middle of a bunch of slum housing?

The problem is that it can change in the blink of an eye.  Example, my home town, (not even a city) rows of Victorian terraces called the railway.  Typical starter homes. Middlesbrough council have been buying up properties and moving families from hell into them.  

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Try walking through any large city at night.

There are hordes if migrant dossers.

West London even manages Indian slum under a lot of road bridges.

Bottom of my road, underpass, lots of EEs camping there.  Mate is a warden for Epping forest.  Always fining rough sleepers camping around in there 

39 minutes ago, One percent said:

The problem is that it can change in the blink of an eye.  Example, my home town, (not even a city) rows of Victorian terraces called the railway.  Typical starter homes. Middlesbrough council have been buying up properties and moving families from hell into them.  

Yes this is the problem - the areas that are affordable for first time buyers or single young professionals are often the ones that turn into slumsville. So to escape that possibility, as a single person, you have to buy something another step or 2 up the ladder which is even less affordable.

52 minutes ago, One percent said:

Bottom of my road, underpass, lots of EEs camping there.  Mate is a warden for Epping forest.  Always fining rough sleepers camping around in there 

I think now I would hestitate buying a place in any town due to this issue.  Countryside or small villages with no transport links, maybe.

Crazy, crazy world.

Since borders opened home ownership rate in the Uk has plummeted 10% to 63.5%, meanwhile in Lithuania it is standing at near 90%. 

We have no capacity nor obligation to house anybody. I suspect in many cases not only are these people not homeless they actually do have access to accommodation of their own back home.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/lithuania/home-ownership-rate

Lithuania Home Ownership Rate

Home Ownership Rate in Lithuania decreased to 89.40 percent in 2015 from 89.90 percent in 2014. Home Ownership Rate in Lithuania averaged 91.13 percent from 2005 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 93.60 percent in 2010 and a record low of 88.30 percent in 2005.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/home-ownership-rate#

UK Home ownership Rate

Home Ownership Rate in the United Kingdom decreased to 63.50 percent in 2015 from 64.40 percent in 2014. Home Ownership Rate in the United Kingdom averaged 68.56 percent from 2005 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 73.30 percent in 2007 and a record low of 63.50 percent in 2015.

United Kingdom Home Ownership Rate

Edited by onlyme

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I avoid going into Manchester if at all possible, its the inner ring of housing around the centre thats the most depressing, these areas of Manchester have been dumps for the last 50+ years but now they look like 3rd world filth strewn dumps.

56 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I think now I would hestitate buying a place in any town due to this issue.  Countryside or small villages with no transport links, maybe.

Crazy, crazy world.

I would also avoid the countryside as there is a danger of pikeys descending to live in the next field. :ph34r:

57 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Since borders opened home ownership rate in the Uk has plummeted 10% to 63.5%, meanwhile in Lithuania it is standing at near 90%. 

We have no capacity nor obligation to house anybody. I suspect in many cases not only are these people not homeless they actually do have access to accommodation of their own back home.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/lithuania/home-ownership-rate

Lithuania Home Ownership Rate

Home Ownership Rate in Lithuania decreased to 89.40 percent in 2015 from 89.90 percent in 2014. Home Ownership Rate in Lithuania averaged 91.13 percent from 2005 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 93.60 percent in 2010 and a record low of 88.30 percent in 2005.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-kingdom/home-ownership-rate#

UK Home ownership Rate

Home Ownership Rate in the United Kingdom decreased to 63.50 percent in 2015 from 64.40 percent in 2014. Home Ownership Rate in the United Kingdom averaged 68.56 percent from 2005 until 2015, reaching an all time high of 73.30 percent in 2007 and a record low of 63.50 percent in 2015.

United Kingdom Home Ownership Rate

That graph is a damning indictment of tptb.  They really have robbed and shafted ordinary people.  

When does the revolution begin?  It's the only way of stopping them.  No wonder they have tightened up on firearms laws.  It is no coincidence 

26 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Sorry, but if that was, say, Australia you'd be out on your fucking arse.

In fact you'd never have got past the airport arrivals lounge with that kind of backstory. "I'm here to shave chickens arses on minimum wage, don't speak the language and have no safety net."

"Splendid! come right in sir."

O.o

I feel sorry for anyone trying to sort themselves out with housing now, I'm currently sat in a blackpool housing estate and fuck me it's grim. Not to worry though as they are throwing up flat-pack housing around me left right and centre. New build estates by the hundred.

I've worked in a few of them and I tell you what, most of the ones I've seen I wouldn't live in them if you gave it to me for free. Twenty years down the line there is going to be trouble with these builds on a grand scale. The standard of a lot of them is absolutely fucking abysmal and even after six months there are bits dropping off a lot of them.

It's utterly half-arsed.

That's also before you factor in the HA people who will be given the same gaff (condition free) as someone who has to work and pay to live in one. Any repairs to be done and the nice man from the council will be round to sort it poste-haste and FOC. "Boiler fucked Mr Hartman? Well that'll be 2 grand and we might be able to squeeze you in in around 8 months. Sorry, we're too busy being subbed by the council".

Get stuck next to complete scum like I did and God help you, because nobody else will.

What on earth are you doing in a housing estate in Blackpool. 

That graph is a damning indictment of tptb.  They really have robbed and shafted ordinary people.  

When does the revolution begin?  It's the only way of stopping them.  No wonder they have tightened up on firearms laws.  It is no coincidence 

What on earth are you doing in a housing estate in Blackpool. 

Shaving chickens arses id guess. Bloody ocker.

24 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Sorry, but if that was, say, Australia you'd be out on your fucking arse.

In fact you'd never have got past the airport arrivals lounge with that kind of backstory. "I'm here to shave chickens arses on minimum wage, don't speak the language and have no safety net."

"Splendid! come right in sir."

O.o

I feel sorry for anyone trying to sort themselves out with housing now, I'm currently sat in a blackpool housing estate and fuck me it's grim. Not to worry though as they are throwing up flat-pack housing around me left right and centre. New build estates by the hundred.

I've worked in a few of them and I tell you what, most of the ones I've seen I wouldn't live in them if you gave it to me for free. Twenty years down the line there is going to be trouble with these builds on a grand scale. The standard of a lot of them is absolutely fucking abysmal and even after six months there are bits dropping off a lot of them.

It's utterly half-arsed.

That's also before you factor in the HA people who will be given the same gaff (condition free) as someone who has to work and pay to live in one. Any repairs to be done and the nice man from the council will be round to sort it poste-haste and FOC. "Boiler fucked Mr Hartman? Well that'll be 2 grand and we might be able to squeeze you in in around 8 months. Sorry, we're too busy being subbed by the council".

Get stuck next to complete scum like I did and God help you, because nobody else will.

Spot on.  House building in this country got steadily better and better until the 1980s when the short term gain of timber-framing took off; you are on site for half the time so your salaries and overheads are halved and that all goes into the profit margin.

I've heard of ten year old stuff here where the timber frame has already begun to rot at ground level.

If possible buy something from the late 1950s to the late1970s when in general construction techniques were good, excellent materials were used, and house plots were generous.

New builds look flimsy and poor value even before you factor in the tiny plot and, across much of the country, that stupid leasehold land.  Who in their right mind signs up to pay ever-increasing ground rent on a house?

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Spot on.  House building in this country got steadily better and better until the 1980s when the short term gain of timber-framing took off; you are on site for half the time so your salaries and overheads are halved and that all goes into the profit margin.

I've heard of ten year old stuff here where the timber frame has already begun to rot at ground level.

If possible buy something from the late 1950s to the late1970s when in general construction techniques were good, excellent materials were used, and house plots were generous.

New builds look flimsy and poor value even before you factor in the tiny plot and, across much of the country, that stupid leasehold land.  Who in their right mind signs up to pay ever-increasing ground rent on a house?

Agree 100%.

The number of looks I have from friends when I say I would never buy a 'new' house is unbelievable - they assume new and shiny = better.  Me, I would rather have a solid brick victorian that has stood the test of time and you know what the issues are.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I do about a days work here every two weeks or so. It's a fecking khazi though, can't wait to scarper at the end of the day.

I'd rather be shaving chickens arses that be here. It's wall to wall grey tracksuits and dogshit. I passed a large poster earlier telling parents not to get pissed at home while their kids are in their care as the children might hurt themselves while the parents are arseholed.

It's a lovely place.

Parenting advice at its finest.  What the fuck has this country come to?  At risk of sounding like an old fool, I blame the benefit culture. No need for responsibility, the state will look after you, your kids, your kids kids, you dog, goldfish etc.  What a mess.

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Parenting advice at its finest.  What the fuck has this country come to?  At risk of sounding like an old fool, I blame the benefit culture. No need for responsibility, the state will look after you, your kids, your kids kids, you dog, goldfish etc.  What a mess.

Oh it is.

All those kids who were brough up by GPs as there parents were to pissed feckless are the GPs now.

Maybe benefits need to accompanied with an IV contraceptive.

Agree on new housing but a problem with 50s to 70s housing are the crappy porches, loft conversions and extensions added onto so many of them. Worst of all, the garage conversion.

Edited by Panther

19 minutes ago, Panther said:

Agree on new housing but a problem with 50s to 70s housing are the crappy porches, loft conversions and extensions added onto so many of them. Worst of all, the garage conversion.

I have two of those.

The house would survice a nuclear blast but the porches have me concerned if a seagull lands upon them.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

No, this has always happened - see Hogarth and Gin Alley.  The difference now is that back in the day those kids would have had a higher chance of dying, so in time the bad behaviour and genes decreased across society.

We have diseugenics.

2 minutes ago, wherebee said:

No, this has always happened - see Hogarth and Gin Alley.  The difference now is that back in the day those kids would have had a higher chance of dying, so in time the bad behaviour and genes decreased across society.

We have diseugenics.

Agree but post the two world wars things did get better.  My view is because we developed into a fairer and more equal society. At the same time, antisocial behaviour was frowned upon and so lessened.  An example was that in the council house contract was that you had to maintain the garden.  People were expected to uphold certain standards.  Those in authority, such as the police and teachers were afforded both respect and som leeway in how to deal with children (clip round the ear for misbehaving). 

Now, in our special snowflake society, it's not what you can give back but what you can take out.  I'm entitled innit.  No one cares, no one is respected and all are out for themselves. Altruism is dead and buried, it's me, me, me time.  

Agree but post the two world wars things did get better.  My view is because we developed into a fairer and more equal society. At the same time, antisocial behaviour was frowned upon and so lessened.  An example was that in the council house contract was that you had to maintain the garden.  People were expected to uphold certain standards.  Those in authority, such as the police and teachers were afforded both respect and som leeway in how to deal with children (clip round the ear for misbehaving). 

Now, in our special snowflake society, it's not what you can give back but what you can take out.  I'm entitled innit.  No one cares, no one is respected and all are out for themselves. Altruism is dead and buried, it's me, me, me time.  

The post war focus on good behaviour was a direct follow on from Victorian England and Edwardian focus on manners.  Again, because if you were a rude bastard to your betters/the police, they beat the shit out of you and your kids starved/died.  I know this from stories from my grandparents / old relatives who worked the police and mines in the Welsh valleys.

2 hours ago, wherebee said:

This thought had occured to me too. There are some semi-remote parts of NI where you can get a house quite cheaply, bit of land around you even, and you'd never risk being in the middle of a slum in 20 years time.

I've come to the conclusion that anywhere in the UK which has high-density housing, e.g. terraced or apartment blocks, is a major risk in the long term if it isn't already being taken over. Here in Belfast many streets around the university area are now entirely Eastern Euopean. I know of one city centre apartment block which seems to increasingly be occupied by Indians living at far higher density than intended. I know of other apartments, one of the swankier ones in Belfast too, where a mate lives, where he looks over his balcony into the opposite flats and sees many Indians crammed into a one bedroom flat; a mattress on the living room floor with 2 grown men sleeping on it. The maintenance company for this block has sent out notices regarding litter since the volumes are larger than their bins can handle - it's because the blocks are being used as a mixture of AirBnb's and high density slum housing for Indian workers.

And we're meant to get into 25+ years debt to own one of these things? No thanks.

Edited by JoeDavola

5 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

This thought had occured to me too. There are some semi-remote parts of NI where you can get a house quite cheaply, bit of land around you even, and you'd never risk being in the middle of a slum in 20 years time.

I've come to the conclusion that anywhere in the UK which has high-density housing, e.g. terraced or apartment blocks, is a major risk in the long term if it isn't already being taken over. Here in Belfast many streets around the university area are now entirely Eastern Euopean. I know of one city centre apartment block which seems to increasingly be occupied by Indians living at far higher density than intended. I know of other apartments, one of the swankier ones in Belfast too, where a mate lives, where he looks over his balcony into the opposite flats and sees many Indians crammed into a one bedroom flat; a mattress on the living room floor with 2 grown men sleeping on it. The maintenance company for this block has sent out notices regarding litter since the volumes are larger than their bins can handle - it's because the blocks are being used as a mixture of AirBnb's and high density slum housing for Indian workers.

And we're meant to get into 25+ years debt to own one of these things? No thanks.

Round my neck of the woods the in thing is 4/5 storey timber frame appartments, probably fine if they are going to be adequately maintained and not over occupied.

However I have a distinct feeling that whole blocks will end up succombing to fire before they are even 25 years old.

There was a whole block torched apparently after a pissed up knob lit a disposable charcoal BBQ on a balcony.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/wharfside-flats-fire-wigan-two-9449808

Rebuilt/refurbished 12 months later but who would really want to have a mortgage on one!

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/work-on-fire-hit-flats-almost-complete-1-8138490

The trouble with these developments is that you are entirely at the mercy of the lack of intelligence of your neighbours.

Tumble dryer fires are the same, if you rent a place with appliances why the fuck should you clean the lint filter!