• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Cunning Plan

New political party

Posted (edited)

New party gets £50m backing to ‘break mould monolith’ of UK politics

I don't think they've given it a name yet but from the sound of the fiddling around the edges policies described it'll slot right into the monolith.  For £50 million I expect its worth doing it.

To be fair except for maybe C orbyn I think that the existing main parties would more or less describe themselves exactly the same as the proposed new party appears to describe itself.  Then once in power they renege on it all - of course.

Edited by twocents

2 hours ago, twocents said:

I don't think they've given it a name yet but from the sound of the fiddling around the edges policies described it'll slot right into the monolith.  For £50 million I expect its worth doing it.

To be fair except for maybe C orbyn I think that the existing main parties would more or less describe themselves exactly the same as the proposed new party appears to describe itself.  Then once in power they renege on it all - of course.

Get straight to point and call it the Cunt Party I say. 

This is really bad news IMO, just another bunch of banker-sponsored cunts looking to seize power and carry on doing the same old elitist shite, it’s manipulation, they are hoping to exploit the emotions of people who feel let down by the establishment just like “En Marche” successfully did in France.

The UK does need a new political party, if I were a billionaire I’d make one, but not this lot.

'A new political party with access to up to £50m in funding 1) has been secretly under development for more than a year by a network of 2) entrepreneurs, philanthropists and donors keen to “break the Westminster mould”, the Observer can reveal.

The movement, spearheaded by a former Labour benefactor, is understood to have been drawn up by a 3) group frustrated by the tribal nature of politics, the polarisation caused by Brexit and the standard of political leadership on all sides. 4) It appears to have a centrist policy platform that borrows ideas from both left and right.

Senior figures from the 5) worlds of business and charity are understood to be involved, as well as former supporters of the main parties, including a number of former Tory donors.

6) Sources say the project, led by the 7) multi-millionaire philanthropist and founder of LoveFilm, Simon Franks, has had full-time staff members for as long as a year. Initial discussions are said to have begun at the end of 2016. Franks has set up a company, Project One Movement for the UK, which is likely to be the vehicle for the enterprise.'

1) Someone foget to pay for PR / press coverage.

2) I am so glad thats these high flyers are sad doing coke in some London club, deciding who I can vote fr. It sounds a great idea, attrtacing loads of people - apart from the people whod fucking vote.

3) So, this tribe is excluded by the current dominant tribe eh? Polarisation caused by Brexit.?? People were asked to vote. They voted, EU membership lost. If they are frustrated by tribal and polarisation of politics then they probably should not be getting into politics.

4) Fuck me! Theyve invented the LibDems (again). Hows Vince doing?

Well worth pointing out that LibDem was setup on a similar basis - grown up, reasoned politics. It attracted the most vian glorious, arrogant, collection of know better loons going.

5) Bizzyness to the rescue. If you think poltiics is bad, then youve not met the average bizzyness mna FFS. And charity, yes, bit on downer at the mo.

6) Sources. say. So, this party thats going to blaze a trail doenst have anyone who wants to put their name to quote. Too embarrassed???

7) Never heard of him. Ive googled him. He does appear to have a history of backing winners:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/feb/13/lovefilm-founder-backing-labour

Look, hes a business member of Labour and (probably) Jewish.

This new party s just an attempt to split a rapidly shrinking main  stream rump of Labour before the Islingington Marxisit party ruin it.

r kill all the Jewish members.

Posted (edited)

Explains the sudden 360 from various parts of the press in regards Steptoe. There's a realisation that momentum/marxists are so tightly in control of the labour now that an internal power play won't work. A couple of weeks of kicking JC in the nuts and bingo an alternative springs up.

Subway politics, you can any flavour of shit sandwich we are willing to give you.

Also the Bliar having a real concerted go in the press last week. It'll be a dud from the start if he has anything to do with it, there cannot a be a more loathed personality in politics in the last century.

Edited by onlyme

24 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Explains the sudden 360 from various parts of the press in regards Steptoe. There's a realisation that momentum/marxists are so tightly in control of the labour now that an internal power play won't work. A couple of weeks of kicking JC in the nuts and bingo an alternative springs up.

Subway politics, you can any flavour of shit sandwich we are willing to give you.

Also the Bliar having a real concerted go in the press last week. It'll be a dud from the start if he has anything to do with it, there cannot a be a more loathed personality in politics in the last century.

Blair cant have a real go.

Papers are just using him to sell papers.

Like putting a mad old lady story.

Blair has zilch credibility in the UK and EU.

I'd scrap all parties. They just pervert democracy via donations and whips. 

What's wrong with just having a local MP who votes on your behalf.

6 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

I'd scrap all parties. They just pervert democracy via donations and whips. 

What's wrong with just having a local MP who votes on your behalf.

I could go with that but I would like to see the size of constituencies doubled and the first and second place candidates elected.

That way, you would have a choice of MP to go to. Imagine having an issue, and finding out your only option was to ask Diane Abbot to assist?

11 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I could go with that but I would like to see the size of constituencies doubled and the first and second place candidates elected.

That way, you would have a choice of MP to go to. Imagine having an issue, and finding out your only option was to ask Diane Abbot to assist?

Err fuck that.

Weve the mean to allow citizens to directly vote.

If an 'Internet Party' forum got popular, how much would their website cost to host if there were say a million visitors per day?

4 minutes ago, jm51 said:

If an 'Internet Party' forum got popular, how much would their website cost to host if there were say a million visitors per day?

Not a lot.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Err fuck that.

Weve the mean to allow citizens to directly vote.

Yes, but debating / voting on things is only a part of an MPs job. Sorting out stuff for their constituents is an important task.

I would be in favour of separating the two tasks, as the candidate that is good at one is often shit at the other.

We could have fptp constituencies MPs and a pr system for a much smaller number of central MPs, ensuring that the best got elected for each role.

Tbh, the main disadvantage of our political system is that politicians don't represent the average voter. The average MP listens to the electorate on concerns about Brexit and Immigration and thinks "uneducated fools, I'll vote for more immigration and Bremain for their own good". 

I'd like to see more MPs that have been small businesspeople/ professionals/ military officers etc. MPs that have been charity employees and political researchers isn't working out well for us...

Posted (edited)
Stop Brexit – Fighting for a second referendum

We believe that renewing Britain as the innovation superpower, revolutionising opportunity and making our generation great is a compelling mission for our country. However, in 2017 our country is divided by the EU referendum because many people feel they were lied to. Young people overwhelmingly voted to remain and no one was given a clear idea of what post-Brexit Britain would look like. Moreover, Treason May’s mandate for her vision of Brexit was shattered by her weak election result.

We want to stop Brexit and believe a second referendum on the final deal negotiated with the EU is overwhelmingly in the interests of both Leave and Remain supporters. The British people must be allowed a vote on the reality of Brexit and come to an informed decision. We will put pressure on all politicians to offer a second referendum by standing parliamentary candidates in every constituency in the UK

The Remoaner Party!

https://renewbritain.org

Edited by Cosmic Apple