• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bossybabe

Acting Prime Minister of Forvik standing in General Election.

Surely they are part of Scotland by simple right of conquest. There is nothing more than continuous unchallenged assertion of authority to make any parcel of land belong to a state.

How do you "prove" that south west Northamptonshire is part of England?

No! They are Norwegian!

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Surely they are part of Scotland by simple right of conquest. There is nothing more than continuous unchallenged assertion of authority to make any parcel of land belong to a state.

Last time I checked, it was in Poland.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Alright, prove that south west Northamptonshire is legally part of Poland.

I found a Polish coin there! It was a one Lev from Lithuania, which might be near Poland

I think Orkney/Shetland were acquired by the King of Scots by marriage so lacking any formal annexation it could be argued that they are a state held in personal union with the UK, something like the Isle of Man (UK Queen as Lord of Mann) or Channel Islands (UK Queen as Duke of Normandy)

11 minutes ago, Panther said:

I think Orkney/Shetland were acquired by the King of Scots by marriage so lacking any formal annexation it could be argued that they are a state held in personal union with the UK, something like the Isle of Man (UK Queen as Lord of Mann) or Channel Islands (UK Queen as Duke of Normandy)

Exactly. So by the same reason isn't Calais still English?  

Any right the English/GB/UK monarch had in France was extinguished by conquest long ago, though only given up as a claim much later (look for the fleur de lys in the royal arms).

An Orkney/Shetland nationalist would not be disputing who is head of state, just *how* they are head of state

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ditto for Scotland?

Oh no, theyd pissed all there money on a get rich scheme.

On a related note, I have read a number of local stories lately about integrating indigenous tribes into the country their land happens to be in. 

I always ponder the justification for this. They never seem to happy to be integrated and it seems more like annexation to me.

Remote places like the Orkneys probably feel the same way and wish that they could be left alone.

Come to think of it, isn't it a bit of shame that there are not many places on Earth left where one could actually be 'left alone'? Is this not World Government by proxy?