Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

DOSBODS - Arts & Crafts Movement


Chewing Grass

Recommended Posts

Chewing Grass

The Arts, Crafts, Stuff you made thread or event the stuff you improved or modified.

Yes I made it and posted it here.

Number 1.

The Catapult as promised, hand crafted from English Oak, rubber, cotton string and a scrap of leather.

catty.thumb.jpg.a33e0458f52eb4fe5ebc34435f7126de.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chewing Grass
5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Looks very nice chewy, does it work?  

Here is my offering:

 

IMG_0556.JPG

Is that whats called patchwork, the circular bits are FAB-U-LOUS.

I'll try the catty out tomorrow when I can see what I'm doing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Is that whats called patchwork, the circular bits are FAB-U-LOUS.

I'll try the catty out tomorrow when I can see what I'm doing.

''Tis indeed a patchwork quilt. Ta very much and glad you like it.  One of my hobbies  :)

interested to hear how the catty works. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like doing arty stuff but it has to be low cost.

Heres my tin man made from odds and ends, looking a bit worse for wear now and some of my faces made from stones gathered at beaches...eyes and noses glued on with stone glue.

 

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
42 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I like doing arty stuff but it has to be low cost.

Heres my tin man made from odds and ends, looking a bit worse for wear now and some of my faces made from stones gathered at beaches...eyes and noses glued on with stone glue.

 

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Very nice EE.  I like the tin man.  

There is some real talent on here, we should be thinking about a dosbods craft fayre. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chewing Grass
18 hours ago, One percent said:

interested to hear how the catty works. 

Works great, have disused railway embankment behind the chateaux with trees atop it a small stone easily cleared it over to the other side, must be 50' over and 100' across.

Think I will double up the elastics for a little bit more straight line power to improve accuracy, then that grey tree rat will get a headache that harasses the goldfinches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Works great, have disused railway embankment behind the chateaux with trees atop it a small stone easily cleared it over to the other side, must be 50' over and 100' across.

Think I will double up the elastics for a little bit more straight line power to improve accuracy, then that grey tree rat will get a headache that harasses the goldfinches.

Excellent, well done chewy. Another item for our crap craft fayre. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

I like doing arty stuff but it has to be low cost.

Heres my tin man made from odds and ends, looking a bit worse for wear now and some of my faces made from stones gathered at beaches...eyes and noses glued on with stone glue.

 

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Hail the mighty Gurney Stone maker!

:)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, One percent said:

Looks very nice chewy, does it work?  

Here is my offering:

 

IMG_0556.JPG

Crikey. Those take ages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
43 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Crikey. Those take ages.

They do. It is also surprising expensive given that it looks as if it's made from scrap 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, One percent said:

They do. It is also surprising expensive given that it looks as if it's made from scrap 

I rebuilt a Harley Davidson motorcycle one. It took ages. It was a police bike. Then I used to ride it round Brighton, wearing pink jeans. The blokes in the biker pubs didn't dare say anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I rebuilt a Harley Davidson motorcycle one. It took ages. It was a police bike. Then I used to ride it round Brighton, wearing pink jeans. The blokes in the biker pubs didn't dare say anything.

I understand you rebuilding the Harley but why pink jeans? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/05/2017 at 22:45, One percent said:

Looks very nice chewy, does it work?  

Here is my offering:

 

IMG_0556.JPG

Ok, if I work out the next row of this do I get into Mensa?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
1 minute ago, SNACR said:

Ok, if I work out the next row of this do I get into Mensa?

No but you get into the sewing circle. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, One percent said:

No but you get into the sewing circle. :)

Ok, I'II pass, I don't think it will be the same without Paul Daniels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
Just now, SNACR said:

Ok, I'II pass, I don't think it will be the same without Paul Daniels.

Isn't that the magic one?  Steve Allen is apparently a member of that so I would love to join, he would be a hoot to be around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, One percent said:

I understand you rebuilding the Harley but why pink jeans? 

It was the 80s. Jeans were not always blue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy Renting
On 01/05/2017 at 22:22, Chewing Grass said:

The Arts, Crafts, Stuff you made thread or event the stuff you improved or modified.

Yes I made it and posted it here.

Number 1.

The Catapult as promised, hand crafted from English Oak, rubber, cotton string and a scrap of leather.

catty.thumb.jpg.a33e0458f52eb4fe5ebc34435f7126de.jpg

Tiny Tim just told me "that is a really shit crutch".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
Chewing Grass

Gotta make myself one of these mousetraps to a 427 year old design.

Fantastic, and shows just how stupid mice are from 2 mins 45 seconds in.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2018 at 21:32, Chewing Grass said:

Gotta make myself one of these mousetraps to a 427 year old design.

Fantastic, and shows just how stupid mice are from 2 mins 45 seconds in.

 

that's excellent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Chewing Grass

Just bought myself an old manual sewing machine, windy handle one, apparently big enough to do manly stuff like canvas and leather.

I'm assuming that all needles are the same for machines so have ordered some Singer 2020,  2026 and 2032 to get me started.

Now have to work out how thread is sized and what thread goes with the needles I have randomly bought.

I'm a bit tiddly at the moment but any advicer or guideance would be apppreciated if anyome has the kneeledge.....................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
4 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Just bought myself an old manual sewing machine, windy handle one, apparently big enough to do manly stuff like canvas and leather.

I'm assuming that all needles are the same for machines so have ordered some Singer 2020,  2026 and 2032 to get me started.

Now have to work out how thread is sized and what thread goes with the needles I have randomly bought.

I'm a bit tiddly at the moment but any advicer or guideance would be apppreciated if anyome has the kneeledge.....................

I think the needles are about the material you are working with rather than thread. I don’t recognise those sizings though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chewing Grass
14 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think the needles are about the material you are working with rather than thread. I don’t recognise those sizings though 

I think I will have to read up on it tpomorrow them, I'm off to lie dowm in bed now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Similar Content

    • Chewing Grass
      By Chewing Grass
      Been looking at various vinyls that can be used for wrapping for two reasons.
      1) I'm getting a roof rack, gutter mounted (I know, very very retro) for new vehicle and am thinking of two-toning the vehicle with a gloss black roof and vinyl would also might stop me scratching the paint.
      2) There seems to be great scope for wrapping all sorts of other things with curves and some of the films available look really interesting.
      Anyone done it at home i.e. DIY wrapping.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brushed-Aluminium-Vinyl-Wrap-Car-Air-Bubble-Free-All-Colours-All-Sizes/322053360233
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...