DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

DOSBODS - Arts & Crafts Movement

Chewing Grass

Chewing Grass

The Arts, Crafts, Stuff you made thread or event the stuff you improved or modified.

Yes I made it and posted it here.

Number 1.

The Catapult as promised, hand crafted from English Oak, rubber, cotton string and a scrap of leather.

catty.thumb.jpg.a33e0458f52eb4fe5ebc34435f7126de.jpg

Chewing Grass
5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Looks very nice chewy, does it work?  

Here is my offering:

IMG_0556.JPG

Is that whats called patchwork, the circular bits are FAB-U-LOUS.

I'll try the catty out tomorrow when I can see what I'm doing.

One percent
9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Is that whats called patchwork, the circular bits are FAB-U-LOUS.

I'll try the catty out tomorrow when I can see what I'm doing.

''Tis indeed a patchwork quilt. Ta very much and glad you like it.  One of my hobbies  :)

interested to hear how the catty works. 

I like doing arty stuff but it has to be low cost.

Heres my tin man made from odds and ends, looking a bit worse for wear now and some of my faces made from stones gathered at beaches...eyes and noses glued on with stone glue.

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

One percent
42 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Heres my tin man made from odds and ends, looking a bit worse for wear now and some of my faces made from stones gathered at beaches...eyes and noses glued on with stone glue.

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Very nice EE.  I like the tin man.  

There is some real talent on here, we should be thinking about a dosbods craft fayre. :)

Chewing Grass
18 hours ago, One percent said:

interested to hear how the catty works. 

Works great, have disused railway embankment behind the chateaux with trees atop it a small stone easily cleared it over to the other side, must be 50' over and 100' across.

Think I will double up the elastics for a little bit more straight line power to improve accuracy, then that grey tree rat will get a headache that harasses the goldfinches.

One percent
1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Works great, have disused railway embankment behind the chateaux with trees atop it a small stone easily cleared it over to the other side, must be 50' over and 100' across.

Think I will double up the elastics for a little bit more straight line power to improve accuracy, then that grey tree rat will get a headache that harasses the goldfinches.

Excellent, well done chewy. Another item for our crap craft fayre. :)

8 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Hail the mighty Gurney Stone maker!

:)

21 hours ago, One percent said:

Here is my offering:

IMG_0556.JPG

Crikey. Those take ages.

One percent
43 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Crikey. Those take ages.

They do. It is also surprising expensive given that it looks as if it's made from scrap 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

They do. It is also surprising expensive given that it looks as if it's made from scrap 

I rebuilt a Harley Davidson motorcycle one. It took ages. It was a police bike. Then I used to ride it round Brighton, wearing pink jeans. The blokes in the biker pubs didn't dare say anything.

One percent
3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I rebuilt a Harley Davidson motorcycle one. It took ages. It was a police bike. Then I used to ride it round Brighton, wearing pink jeans. The blokes in the biker pubs didn't dare say anything.

I understand you rebuilding the Harley but why pink jeans? 

On 01/05/2017 at 22:45, One percent said:

Here is my offering:

IMG_0556.JPG

Ok, if I work out the next row of this do I get into Mensa?

One percent
1 minute ago, SNACR said:

Ok, if I work out the next row of this do I get into Mensa?

No but you get into the sewing circle. :)

Just now, One percent said:

No but you get into the sewing circle. :)

Ok, I'II pass, I don't think it will be the same without Paul Daniels.

One percent
Just now, SNACR said:

Ok, I'II pass, I don't think it will be the same without Paul Daniels.

Isn't that the magic one?  Steve Allen is apparently a member of that so I would love to join, he would be a hoot to be around. 

22 hours ago, One percent said:

I understand you rebuilding the Harley but why pink jeans? 

It was the 80s. Jeans were not always blue.

Happy Renting
On 01/05/2017 at 22:22, Chewing Grass said:

The Arts, Crafts, Stuff you made thread or event the stuff you improved or modified.

Yes I made it and posted it here.

Number 1.

The Catapult as promised, hand crafted from English Oak, rubber, cotton string and a scrap of leather.

catty.thumb.jpg.a33e0458f52eb4fe5ebc34435f7126de.jpg

Tiny Tim just told me "that is a really shit crutch".

• 10 months later...
Chewing Grass

Gotta make myself one of these mousetraps to a 427 year old design.

Fantastic, and shows just how stupid mice are from 2 mins 45 seconds in.

On 3/11/2018 at 21:32, Chewing Grass said:

Gotta make myself one of these mousetraps to a 427 year old design.

Fantastic, and shows just how stupid mice are from 2 mins 45 seconds in.

that's excellent

• 1 month later...
Chewing Grass

Just bought myself an old manual sewing machine, windy handle one, apparently big enough to do manly stuff like canvas and leather.

I'm assuming that all needles are the same for machines so have ordered some Singer 2020,  2026 and 2032 to get me started.

Now have to work out how thread is sized and what thread goes with the needles I have randomly bought.

I'm a bit tiddly at the moment but any advicer or guideance would be apppreciated if anyome has the kneeledge.....................

One percent
4 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Just bought myself an old manual sewing machine, windy handle one, apparently big enough to do manly stuff like canvas and leather.

I'm assuming that all needles are the same for machines so have ordered some Singer 2020,  2026 and 2032 to get me started.

Now have to work out how thread is sized and what thread goes with the needles I have randomly bought.

I'm a bit tiddly at the moment but any advicer or guideance would be apppreciated if anyome has the kneeledge.....................

I think the needles are about the material you are working with rather than thread. I don’t recognise those sizings though 

Chewing Grass
14 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think the needles are about the material you are working with rather than thread. I don’t recognise those sizings though 

I think I will have to read up on it tpomorrow them, I'm off to lie dowm in bed now.

Archived