• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

Interfering in foreign elections

It has long been a diplomatic nicety that nation states don't interfere in another country's democratic elections. (ok you can stage a coup afterwards if you don't like the result).

So should the EU/Junckers be calling on people to reverse the Brexit decision by voting Remain parties?

Should they be briefing against May?

Edited by davidg
grammar

It's also a reminder that they WILL punish the UK, at least temporarily. It is stupid of May to pretend that all will be OK, it won't be in the short term. These negotiations are going to get very dirty, this is just the beginning. 

It's a pity Blair is a Remainer fanatic, I hate him but for once demon-eyes could have been useful, he's exactly the sort of shameless dirty lying c*nt we need on our side for this. Strong-chinned British honesty is not going to cut it with the EU, and especially not with the French.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I wouldn't give the man the steam off my piss but I can't help but nod along with that.

As long as its agreed he's to be shot immediately after negotiations have been completed.

no, don't agree, it needs to be much more public and slow.  Hung drawn and quartered in parliament Square would be my preference. 

48 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

A reminder, if it were ever needed, of why we are better off without these twats.

Agreed, reminds me of when Obama told us we'd be last in line for a trade deal, the British don't take kindly to threats by foreigners - suspect Junkers comments will backfire.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

You're doing this on purpose aren't you :CryBaby:

I need my meds again.

what's wrong with what I said?  :D

is this better?

Hanged drawn and quartered...  It is not what I remember from my history lessons though

Wiki agrees with you though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,_drawn_and_quartered

A punishment for high treasons so would fit Bliar well.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

what's wrong with what I said?  :D

is this better?

Hanged drawn and quartered...  It is not what I remember from my history lessons though

Wiki agrees with you though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,_drawn_and_quartered

A punishment for high treasons so would fit Bliar well.

Thank you :D

Just now, davidg said:

Shouldn't 6 be involved here? Black Ops against Juncker and co? It is not like the EU is going to invade.

Guess you're joking but actually I'd say yes. Probably safer and smarter to farm it out to Mossad and the CIA though, they'd do it and deny it if paid enough, Trump might well allow it as he's no fan of the EU. 

Appropriate approach for all -  bribes for the Latins and South European nation's representatives, threats and aggression for the French(never try to be nice to them), appeals on old alliances to some others, some accidents for the unbribeables etc etc.

Blair managed all this admirably to get the 2012 Olympics while pretending it was all above board, and he has all the right contacts, he's made for the job of managing it. But he's set on trying to stop it instead....>:(

We should tell Junker et al to stop and if they don't then announce we will start providing campaign advisors to help EU sceptic parties.

We need strong negotiators for Brexit, people who will tell the EU to get stuffed on the divorce bill and the like. I fear that instead we will get a load of wet pro-remain civil servants.

I'm not very impressed with the "I'll be a bloody difficult woman" line - even less so in response to Juncker who frankly is such an embarrassment to the EU that a better response would have been "I don't really give a shit what Juncker has to say, I'll do my negotiating with the compus mentis ones".

Him and that arrogant twat Disselbloem (or whatever) should be a piece of piss to tie up in knots. There will be far tougher nuts to crack behind the scenes so she's wasting her time and blowing her cool getting in a war of words with him.

55 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I'm not very impressed with the "I'll be a bloody difficult woman" line - even less so in response to Juncker who frankly is such an embarrassment to the EU that a better response would have been "I don't really give a shit what Juncker has to say, I'll do my negotiating with the compus mentis ones".

Him and that arrogant twat Disselbloem (or whatever) should be a piece of piss to tie up in knots. There will be far tougher nuts to crack behind the scenes so she's wasting her time and blowing her cool getting in a war of words with him.

Juncker has his uses at election time.

Invite him for dinner knowing he will be a complete arse, shoot his mouth off and add 5% points to your party's vote at the GE ballot box.

Like Geldof he is one of the great allies of people who wanted the UK to leave the EU.  Without his rude and obnoxious behavior it would not be possible.

The truth is from the Reformation through the Napoleonic Wars and through World War 2 these isles have often been 'isolated' from mainstream European politics. It is written into our history and Juncker is pressing all the right buttons to ensure that this atavistic response in the British is triggered again.

Edited by Flirtygirty

1 minute ago, Flirtygirty said:

Juncker has his uses at election time.

Invite him for dinner knowing he will be a complete arse, shoot his mouth off and add 5% points to your parties vote at the GE ballot box.

Like Geldof he is one of the great allies of people who wanted the UK to leave the EU.  Without his rude and obnoxious behavior it would not be possible.

Yep, fair point. I still think May could have responded better, but for all I know she could be trying to wind him up into getting even more ridiculous. Shouldn't be too hard once he gets past sherry-o-clock.