• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Libspero

Guardians of the Galaxy II

Not that Mr and Mrs Spero ever get to go to the cinema now thanks to two babies and no family nearby to babysit..   but I do quite fancy the idea of locking them in a cupboard (or "The Harry Potter experience" if you will) and heading out to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

At the risk of referral to child protective services..   has anyone seen it yet and was it any good?

36 minutes ago, eight said:

Why not just take the kids? It's a kids film, right? It certainly looks like one from the adverts.

Depends on their age - quite violent, I personally wouldn't take kids under 8/9. 

55 minutes ago, eight said:

Why not just take the kids? It's a kids film, right? It certainly looks like one from the adverts.

It's a 12A so technically they could go.

They're 1 & 2 years old though so for the benefit of the other cinema goers it wouldn't really be fair to take them.

1 hour ago, Dipsy said:

It was quite entertaining, soundtrack is good. Enjoyed it more than the first one.

Interesting..  praise indeed for a sequel!  Iiked the first one so that bodes well :)

8 minutes ago, Libspero said:

They're 1 & 2 years old though so for the benefit of the other cinema goers it wouldn't really be fair to take them.

Interesting..  praise indeed for a sequel!  Iiked the first one so that bodes well :)

Adhering to the code?

25 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I think I enjoyed it more as the characters are more established now. 

14 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

I haven't listened to those two for months, are they still on about Trump?

I believe the good Doctor had to eat his hat for being such a know it all about Trump. Thankfully they have shut tfu about politics so it is reasonably enjoyable. Last couple of weeks have had stand ins which were shit.

24 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

I believe the good Doctor had to eat his hat for being such a know it all about Trump. Thankfully they have shut tfu about politics so it is reasonably enjoyable. Last couple of weeks have had stand ins which were shit.

I must admit my heart sinks a bit when the stand ins are on. Edith Bowman is borderline cringeworthy and Robbie Collin is an absolute totem pole. Dull, dull, dull. It usually goes off after ten minutes.

Sanjeev Bhaskar (sp?), on the other hand is very good value. 

I wish he'd do some more Danny Dyer impressions, I'd piss myself when those came on. Annoyed Dyer so much that he threatened to thump him. xD

1 hour ago, Uptherebels said:

TTOFADWTN. 

Nice to see a few members of the church in attendance! :)

8 hours ago, Green Devil said:

My review - I lasted an hour, not having watched the first perhaps didn't help. Characters and interplay was good sci fi but plot Not!

You walked out?    Wow..  ok.   Thanks for the honest review!

As for you other folk,    I don't have a clue what you're talking about.. you can all GTHIAHBFAIC :D

We're talking about Wittertainment, aka Kermode and Mayo's film review. A radio show with a vast collection of in jokes and catchphrases that last year featured a daft old Trot steadily descending into madness following Brexit and then Trump. This culminated in a minutes long Kermodean rant that was so unbelievably foul-mouthed that at least 50 percent of it had to be covered up by birdsong such that it would not offend the ears of dainty BBC radio 5 listeners.

Edited by Stunley Andwin

42 minutes ago, Snow bird said:

Star Wars Day today . . . . . . .  May the fourth be with you. 

Anyone who uses that limp-wristed, geeky, fuck-witted and totally un-funny excuse for a joke is clearly a sailor of the windward passage - and should be ridiculed without mercy for rest of the day.

Sorry Snowy mate - but it's for your own good.

May the fourth big fat cock be up you....

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

May the fourth big fat cock be up you....

XYY

Er, well actually pet, I'm currently onto my sixth...

Mrs XYY