• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blobloblob

E-cig liquid mathematics

I tried the gum before and during a long haul flight once. Made me fart like it was going.out of fashion. I think the other passengers would have preferred me to just light up once an hour.

1 hour ago, blobloblob said:

I've used 2ml of 12mg liquid in 3 days.

How does my nicotine intake compare to smoking 15 fags a day?

Depends what fags you would normally smoke. I think Embassy No. 1 I used to smoke were 1.1mg each, so that would 33mg nicotine from fags, versus 24mg from the amount of juice you've used.

What you worried about the amount of nicotine for though? That ain't what will kill you in fags!

3 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

I tried the gum before and during a long haul flight once. Made me fart like it was going.out of fashion. I think the other passengers would have preferred me to just light up once an hour.

I was going to use a patch on a long haul flight. But those bastards are super sealed in a metallic pouch that is just impossible to open without a knife or scissors. Two things you won't be carrying on a plane.

Spent best part of an hour trying to open it.

Pissed me right off.

12 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

Ah, so that explains it O.o

11 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Depends what fags you would normally smoke. I think Embassy No. 1 I used to smoke were 1.1mg each, so that would 33mg nicotine from fags, versus 24mg from the amount of juice you've used.

What you worried about the amount of nicotine for though? That ain't what will kill you in fags!

45 fags over 3 days X 1.1 would be 49.5mg so effectively I've halved it. I don't want to remain hooked on e cigs in the long run but yes, I can already feel the benefit at the gym.

8 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I was going to use a patch on a long haul flight. But those bastards are super sealed in a metallic pouch that is just impossible to open without a knife or scissors. Two things you won't be carrying on a plane.

Spent best part of an hour trying to open it.

Pissed me right off.

That made me laugh. The frustration on top of withdrawal.  You were not that bloke filmed being dragged off the plane the other week?  I'm sure I heard him muttering about bloody packaging on the video as he was removed 

3 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

45 fags over 3 days X 1.1 would be 49.5mg so effectively I've halved it. I don't want to remain hooked on e cigs I'm the long run but yes, I can already feel the benefit at the gym.

I'm not so bothered about the nicotine. I intend to stop at some point, but I've been using solely an e-cig for four years now. Harm reduction is the name of the game!

41 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I'm not so bothered about the nicotine. I intend to stop at some point, but I've been using solely an e-cig for four years now. Harm reduction is the name of the game!

Spoken like a true addict. o.O xD

52 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Pretty much the same timescale as me. I guess I will stop one day but it's not a priority. 

Some people do caffeine. I do nicotine. No biggy.