• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Bkkandrew

May to join Cook and Kelly

The Euro Threats:

(From The Telegraph):

Mountain walkers, he said, had to “learn a certain number of rules”, such as taking one step at a time “because sometimes you are on a steep and rocky path".

Using language akin to a TV mafia villain, he warned that hikers had to beware of “accidents” that might befall them, like falling rocks.

Edited by Bkkandrew
Added link

Mountain walkers, he said, had to “learn a certain number of rules”, such as taking one step at a time “because sometimes you are on a steep and rocky path”.

Actually, they're more accurately known as skills, since rules aren't much fucking use to you if a falling rock is heading in your direction. Shows the mentality of the man and the EU - ability is meaningless, rules are everything. If the gloves really are off, I think he's in for a bit of a shock when his beloved rules turn out to be worthless to him.

Theresa May is the first politician that I've been really impressed with for quite some time. Didn't think too much of her before, but having been placed in an incredibly difficult position with regard to carrying out the public's wishes for Brexit, I think she has made all the right calls.

The bureaucrats heading the EU do seem to have moved past the denial phase into the anger phase, and it's so enjoyable to see.

45 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Good speech..

+1 

A very clear and concise message. I would love some wag to splice that speech with Diane Abbot's car crash rambling on about police...

34 minutes ago, DTMark said:

Theresa May is the first politician that I've been really impressed with for quite some time. Didn't think too much of her before, but having been placed in an incredibly difficult position with regard to carrying out the public's wishes for Brexit, I think she has made all the right calls.

The bureaucrats heading the EU do seem to have moved past the denial phase into the anger phase, and it's so enjoyable to see.

Saying it through gritted-teeth as a traditional Labour type blurk - but I am forced to agree.

She's a bit like Thatcher - but they've chipped away the loony bits that Spitting Image lampooned so mercilessly, and given her a voice that's much more easy on the ear.

I'm cynical enough two days away from my 52nd birthday not to trust her - but still naively idealistic enough to want to.

And that's exactly how that sly bastard Blair conned me the last time...

:(

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

38 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I'm cynical enough two days away from my 52nd birthday not to trust her - but still naively idealistic enough to want to.

Wonderfully put. In the same situation. Unfortunately a large majority could help either way - for a proper unentangling from the EU or to stifle the bastards on the back bench who wish for the same.

Edited by onlyme

28 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Saying it through gritted-teeth as a traditional Labour type blurk - but I am forced to agree.

She's a bit like Thatcher - but they've chipped away the loony bits that Spitting Image lampooned so mercilessly, and given her a voice that's much more easy on the ear.

And that's exactly how that sly bastard Blair conned me the last time...

:(

XYY

Well put but has she actually done (rather than said) anything that should encourage us to trust her?

Watch what they do not what they say and all that...

She's been in office a while now, and I can't remember a damned thing of significance that's been done, after all that chucking out of the Eton boys from the Cabinet and the "fairer Britain for all" stuff in her early speeches. They tried to put workers on boards and binned that quickly, the real Tory bosses who pay the bills weren't up for that.

Granted, Brexit dominates her world but in reality reforming the ruined economy left by Brown and Blair is more important. She's excellent so far if you like governments to do nothing. As there's no-one else, she'll get her chance with a big majority, we'll see....

38 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Well put but has she actually done (rather than said) anything that should encourage us to trust her?

Watch what they do not what they say and all that...

She's been in office a while now, and I can't remember a damned thing of significance that's been done, after all that chucking out of the Eton boys from the Cabinet and the "fairer Britain for all" stuff in her early speeches. They tried to put workers on boards and binned that quickly, the real Tory bosses who pay the bills weren't up for that.

Granted, Brexit dominates her world but in reality reforming the ruined economy left by Brown and Blair is more important. She's excellent so far if you like governments to do nothing. As there's no-one else, she'll get her chance with a big majority, we'll see....

Agree entirely swissy - especially about watching what they do.

I still *want* to believe - politicians rely on that fact - but since I was taken for a mug by Blair in 1996, then other than the EU Referendum, I have never voted in a UK election since. And I'm a bloke who believed it should be illegal NOT to vote in my teens and early-twenties.

Ultimately, in my mind it's like this:   As the person who has probably ended-up in command of the good ship HMS Brexit, then as someone who voted to leave, I must give Captain May a reasonable amount of good-will, and a fair bit of "benefit-of-the-doubt" will be extended to her as she sails the ship into these uncharted, and potentially hazardous waters.

But there's still no way I'm voting for the Tory cunt...

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

2 hours ago, Bkkandrew said:

But, will she go on a hill walk any time soon?

Will some dastardly, mustached type be laying in wait with his pruning knife and a rock? 

May gave a speech the other week, saying "she was on a walking holiday in north Wales, when she made the decision to call a general election" 

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

May gave a speech the other week, saying "she was on a walking holiday in north Wales, when she made the decision to call a general election" 

Yeah, because that's how it works, her telling the rest of the cabinet how it is.  Do you think she is sending coded messages that she knows she might be a target? 

35 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yeah, because that's how it works, her telling the rest of the cabinet how it is.  Do you think she is sending coded messages that she knows she might be a target? 

See now that's the one thing I did like about Neil "Kinnoc-cio" Kinnock. There wasn't enough brains for coded-messages.

If someone chewed him, he invited them into the nearest blurks' bogs - and proceeded to beat the shite out of them...!

I managed to shake Kinnock's hand at the 1983 Durham Big-Meeting - in the days when Labour "big-wigs" such as Foot, Benn and Kinnock still needed to turn-up at such an event.

Nowadays I'd gladly shake the ginger fucker firmly by the fucking throat...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Just now, The XYY Man said:

See now that's the one thing I did like about Neil "Kinnoc-cioh" Kinnock. There wasn't enough brains for coded-messages.

If someone chewed him, he invited them into the nearest blurks' bogs - and proceeded to beat the shite out of them...!

I managed to shake Kinnock's hand at the 1983 Durham Big-Meeting - in the days when Labour "big-wigs" such as Foot, Benn and Kinnock still needed to turn-up at such an event.

Nowadays I'd shake the ginger fucker firmly by the throat...

XYY

Yes, I think he was of the left at one point.  Until him and the missus landed plumb EU jobs.  Mind, she in particular was extremely well qualified, having worked the tills at the co-op 

17 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yes, I think he was of the left at one point.  Until him and the missus landed plumb EU jobs.  Mind, she in particular was extremely well qualified, having worked the tills at the co-op 

Aye.

The Miners' Gala still attracts plenty of punters - up to a hundred-thousand ex-miners and their families - but not the luminaries of the parliamentary Labour party, and key trade-unionists, it could once count-on as regular attendees.

These days it'll be Billy Bragg - and Eddy fucking Izzard.

And Izzard is only there because of his particular brand of mascara - daft cunt thinks they're all Kohl miners...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Aye.

The Miners' Gala still attracts plenty of punters - up to a hundred-thousand ex-miners and their families - but not the luminaries of the parliamentary Labour party, and key trade unionists, it could once count on as regulars.

These days it'll be Billy Bragg and Eddy fucking Izzard.

And Izzard is only there because of his particular brand of mascara - daft cunt thinks they're all Kohl miners...

XYY

Well to be fair, they don't and never have, dug coal in Islington. Why the hell would new labour want anything to do with such plebeian things? It is all so yesterday. 

I used to have some respect for billy until he turned out to be a remoaner.  Seems he also managed to forget his working class heritage along the way. 

Just now, One percent said:

Well to be fair, they don't and never have, dug coal in Islington. Why the hell would new labour want anything to do with such plebeian things? It is all so yesterday. 

I used to have some respect for billy until he turned out to be a remoaner.  Seems he also managed to forget his working class heritage along the way. 

Aye - the fucker certainly found(ed) A New England...

XYY

Problem is that after a while you realise that while lots of people are good, lots are c*nts, and the proportion is similar in working class or others until you get to the very very top of society where it starts getting more consistently c*ntish.

So successful people like Mr Bragg decide they might just as well associate with others who can bring them something other than memories of eating Spam and outside toilets. Just human really.

7 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Problem is that after a while you realise that while lots of people are good, lots are c*nts, and the proportion is similar in working class or others until you get to the very very top of society where it starts getting more consistently c*ntish.

So successful people like Mr Bragg decide they might just as well associate with others who can bring them something other than memories of eating Spam and outside toilets. Just human really.

You're as daft as me swissy.

All that compassion for other human beings - whatever their foibles - will be your eventual downfall.

Promise me one thing.

Don't ever change that aspect of your character...

XYY

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

You're as daft as me swissy.

All that compassion for other human beings - whatever their foibles - will be your eventual downfall.

Promise me one thing.

Don't ever change that aspect of your character...

XYY

xD I promise!

I do like people, honestly, but am cursed with some of my mother's insight. Daft as a brush but she could see right to the back of your skull.

5 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

xD I promise!

I do like people, honestly, but am cursed with some of my mother's insight. Daft as a brush but she could see right to the back of your skull.

A good judge of character then swissy.  Worth more than gold.

mind, I would question whether it is as good as you say or you wouldn't be on here with all us delinquents. :)

2 hours ago, One percent said:

A good judge of character then swissy.  Worth more than gold.

mind, I would question whether it is as good as you say or you wouldn't be on here with all us delinquents. :)

Can't see you over the net to divine all your secrets, so you're safe! :-)  

There was a whole spate of government scientists having accidents at this time.

There were two from the North East who were mysteriously run down by a large blue tractor of the 4 big wheels variety whilst on a lunctime jog down a country lane yet the police searched every farm for the offending vehicle in a 20 mile radius but couldn't find a trace of it.

Then there was the Scout leader scientist from Porton/Aldrmston who was killed whilst skydiving when the plane with them on it mysteriously plunged from 10,000 ft over Devon.

Printed the news articles on these out at the time as they had a tendency to become hard to find after a while.