• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Does Brad look like a piss head t you?

In my experience, after 10 years of heavy drinking, men go to two types:

- Very at beer belly.

- Very skinny, grey looking skeleton.

Maybe they have special Holly booze that does not make you fat.

He does have plenty of hair...

My suspicion is that he's a spirits drinker rather than beer.  But yes, define problem. Maybe he binges at the weekends or similar like @ccc or maybe he's just an arse after a couple. 

Edited by SCC

He hasn't done ten years' hard drinking.

He could be the sort of person who doesn't drink much usually and when he does treats it like a drug.

I know a woman who went from hardly anything to being a problem drinker for a year and back again.

However her problem drinking intake was below what I've known social drinkers glug through so it wouldn't have been that physically damaging but it was the way she did it was the problem.

An ex-colleague drank two bottles of wine a night every night, which is about eight pints. This was with decent meals, usually in company, and was part of his "gourmet" lifestyle.

So his standard was fourteen bottles a week and he was fine on it, and will do it indefinitely.  This woman would have been on less than this but it was how she did it. Two bottles by herself on a Tuesday morning sort of thing, not good.

She got over it but certainly she was the problem drinker despite drinking less.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

He hasn't done ten years' hard drinking.

He could be the sort of person who doesn't drink much usually and when he does treats it like a drug.

I know a woman who went from hardly anything to being a problem drinker for a year and back again.

However her problem drinking intake was below what I've known social drinkers glug through so it wouldn't have been that physically damaging but it was the way she did it was the problem.

An ex-colleague drank two bottles of wine a night every night, which is about eight pints. This was with decent meals, usually in company, and was part of his "gourmet" lifestyle.

So his standard was fourteen bottles a week and he was fine on it, and will do it indefinitely.  This woman would have been on less than this but it was how she did it. Two bottles by herself on a Tuesday morning sort of thing, not good.

She got over it but certainly she was the problem drinker despite drinking less.

That amount of wine will make you really fat.

From the pictures I just googled I'd say no. He does look a bit odd, but then he's a Hollywood celebrity - probably on any number of wacky diets and skin treatments, and probably actually... just a bit odd. Booze, I don't think so, but who knows.

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

In my experience, after 10 years of heavy drinking, men go to two types:

- Very at beer belly.

- Very skinny, grey looking skeleton.

Maybe they have special Holly booze that does not make you fat.

When I lifted, my usual post workout meal was a whole pack of beef mince, fried up and washed down with a bottle of red wine. I'd usually do another bottle watching TV afterwards. Didn't stop me achieving a 400lb squat in the end.

Towards the end of my boozing career I'd started to let myself go a bit, but I was never more than about half a stone overweight, and as far as I know only people who knew me well ever thought that I didn't look that well. I was probably getting 30-40% of my daily calories from booze, but I didn't eat unhealthily.

The point I'm trying to make (probably badly) is that you can't make judgements about someone's addiction problems from their appearance...or even from what and how much they drink (or take, if we're not talking about booze).

14 minutes ago, Rave said:

When I lifted, my usual post workout meal was a whole pack of beef mince, fried up and washed down with a bottle of red wine. I'd usually do another bottle watching TV afterwards. Didn't stop me achieving a 400lb squat in the end.

Towards the end of my boozing career I'd started to let myself go a bit, but I was never more than about half a stone overweight, and as far as I know only people who knew me well ever thought that I didn't look that well. I was probably getting 30-40% of my daily calories from booze, but I didn't eat unhealthily.

The point I'm trying to make (probably badly) is that you can't make judgements about someone's addiction problems from their appearance...or even from what and how much they drink (or take, if we're not talking about booze).

Im not sure.

Sure you cna burn off the booze calories with exercise bith implication in the the stories is that he was drinking more than 1 bottle of wine.

Booze is only a problem when you are pissed up all day, then it begins to show in other ways - waxy skin, almost black eyes as you never have good sleep as a drunk, funny coloured skin as your liver is fucked over.

19 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Sure you cna burn off the booze calories with exercise bith implication in the the stories is that he was drinking more than 1 bottle of wine.

Booze is only a problem when you are pissed up all day, then it begins to show in other ways - waxy skin, almost black eyes as you never have good sleep as a drunk, funny coloured skin as your liver is fucked over.

By the end I was doing the equivalent of at least two bottles (edit: of wine) every day, usually more, and didn't have any of those problems. I probably would have developed them if I'd carried on at that level, but you can 'get away with it' for a lot longer than you'd think. And as Frank points out, what consitutes a drink problem doesn't depend on how much you drink. There are probably people out there who drink two bottles of wine most days or every day, and feel fine on it. I never got to the stage of drinking in the morning to numb the shakes, and never really went beyond drinking the equivalent of a bottle of spirits in a day (though I did once finish a litre bottle in a 12 hour binge), but I very clearly had a booze problem, which I needed help to sort out.

Edited by Rave

Brad's coming on to 54, he looks decent enough, he's never going to look like he did 10-15 years ago. Johnny Depp mind, wtf he has crashed hard

1 hour ago, Rave said:

400lb squat, I salute you sir, good effort

8 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

400lb squat, I salute you sir, good effort

Thanks. It only took me a couple of years to get there doing Stronglifts 5x5 and then Madcow. I honestly think pretty much any male under 50 could get to at least 350lb by sticking to a plan like those.

I'm definitely suited to squats though. My bench is weak, most I ever managed was 225lb, and not for want of trying.

5 hours ago, spygirl said:

That amount of wine will make you really fat.

He was tubby but not huge. He generally only had the one, evening, meal a day so the wine would have been part of rather than on top of the 2,500 cals a day.

This is definitely not a disguised version of me btw, I don't drink wine at all and whilst I have tried to have one meal a day am unable to sustain it.

No.

I think he's actually a bit of a subordinated beta and Angelena Joliementalhead has done a right number on him.  She's done the alpha cocks - he is the beta bucks

• seduced him out of a long term relationship with a stabler woman
  • convinced him to adopt multiple non-blood related kids
  • destroyed her looks by a double mastectomy - I know this is done often for health reasons, but it still changes radically the attractiveness of the woman
  • promoted the idea he has an anger and drinking problem - classic gaslighting technique
  • She's going after his money despite her being richer than 99.99% of the world already in her own right

Imagine you are a world famous actor who could have virtually any woman in the world between the ages of 20-50.  That was Brad Pitt.  Then you get married to a woman who proceeds to defeminise herself and drop her beauty significantly, whilst insisting you cannot have anyone else.  That would do your head in.

One way he can justify his shitty position is to blame it on the demon drink.  I suspect that is the real driver here.

Oh - and he's always had a very good reputation on set and off for being a nice guy.  Not an asshole:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/hook-ups-break-ups/why-hollywoods-siding-with-brad-pitt-over-angelina-jolie/news-story/8a3966b442b957efc8256b420d3c7610

Edited by wherebee
corrected spelling error and added hollywood rep

2 hours ago, Rave said:

By the end I was doing the equivalent of at least two bottles (edit: of wine) every day, usually more, and didn't have any of those problems. I probably would have developed them if I'd carried on at that level, but you can 'get away with it' for a lot longer than you'd think. And as Frank points out, what consitutes a drink problem doesn't depend on how much you drink. There are probably people out there who drink two bottles of wine most days or every day, and feel fine on it. I never got to the stage of drinking in the morning to numb the shakes, and never really went beyond drinking the equivalent of a bottle of spirits in a day (though I did once finish a litre bottle in a 12 hour binge), but I very clearly had a booze problem, which I needed help to sort out.

Everyone knows what an alcoholic is, I've known three, but there is now this  "you may have a drink problem" category which is far too wide to be a useful indicator IMO.

I've said about the ex colleague above (who didn't have a drink problem IMO) but also worked somewhere else where we had to do a survey as part of a health programme.  The "you may have a drink problem" flag came up on one older woman. Totally healthy and fit, probably never been drunk in her life and it was hard to think of anybody who so clearly didn't have a drink problem.

She drank one small glass of wine in the evening, at home, watching telly with her husband. But as she did it every night there was the "problem" flag.

It was stupid and totally devalued the exercise.

13 minutes ago, wherebee said:

No.

I think he's actually a bit of a subordinated beta and Angelena Joliementalhead has done a right number on him.  She's done the alpha cocks - he is the beta bucks

• seduced him out of a long term relationship with a stabler woman
  • convinced him to adopt multiple non-blood related kids
  • destroyed her looks by a double mastectomy - I know this is done often for health reasons, but it still changes radically the attractiveness of the woman
  • promoted the idea he has an anger and drinking problem - classic gaslighting technique
  • She's going after his money despite her being richer than 99.99% of the world already in her own right

Imagine you are a world famous actor who could have virtually any woman in the world between the ages of 20-50.  That was Bard Pitt.  Then you get married to a woman who proceeds to defeminise herself and drop her beauty significantly, whilst insisting you cannot have anyone else.  That would do your head in.

One way he can justify his shitty position is to blame it on the demon drink.  I suspect that is the real driver here.

Sounds about right, yup a subordinated beta. The nastiest part is that gaslighting - promoting the idea he has an anger and drinking problem

25 minutes ago, Talking Monkey said:

Sounds about right, yup a subordinated beta. The nastiest part is that gaslighting - promoting the idea he has an anger and drinking problem

Agreed.....Being labelled like that must tear his soul out....not nice.

Why can't these partners just accept that it hasn't worked out and just move on rather than trying to destroy? 

3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Im not sure.

Drink enough, and the booze starts to burn off calories for you*

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsomal_ethanol_oxidizing_system

Full on alchy's are usually thin.

*Please note, this is not health advice! xD

35 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Everyone knows what an alcoholic is, I've known three, but there is now this  "you may have a drink problem" category which is far too wide to be a useful indicator IMO.

I've said about the ex colleague above (who didn't have a drink problem IMO) but also worked somewhere else where we had to do a survey as part of a health programme.  The "you may have a drink problem" flag came up on one older woman. Totally healthy and fit, probably never been drunk in her life and it was hard to think of anybody who so clearly didn't have a drink problem.

She drank one small glass of wine in the evening, at home, watching telly with her husband. But as she did it every night there was the "problem" flag.

It was stupid and totally devalued the exercise.

Yeah sure, the (government funded) anti-drink lobby like Alcohol Concern do themselves no favours with that sort of bollocks. One glass of wine every day is no problem at all, I agree.

I'm sure there were people at work who knew or suspected that I was drinking a lot, but I'm equally sure that there were plenty who had no idea that I was doing 20+ units most nights. I won't win any alcoholic pissing contests with my former 100-200 unit a week habit, but it was an addiction; I suffered unpleasant withdrawal symptoms when I stopped, and I wouldn't be sober now had I not had some help from a therapist to do so. It's just about possible that I would have lived to a ripe old age with no serious health effects...but the odds of that were very poor, if you look at the stats.

I don't use the phrase 'drink problem' to mean someone who exceeds the government recommended weekly limits on a regular basis...I use it to describe anyone who has what I would call an unhealthy relationship with booze. What about someone who rarely drinks, but every time they do they get so smashed they black out? Or someone who always, inevitably, gets argumentative or violent when they've had a few? They may not be physically or mentally dependent on booze, but I think 'drink problem' is a fair description of their circumstances.

55 minutes ago, wherebee said:

"Jolie herself admitted that despite her wealth and fame, she had no real friends. “I’ll talk to my family,” she told Marie Claire in 2011. “I talk to Brad ... But I don’t know, I don’t have a lot of friends I talk to. He really is the only person I talk to.”"

Jolie has no female friends - absolutely certain sign of having the mental. NPD/BPD.

9 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

"Jolie herself admitted that despite her wealth and fame, she had no real friends. “I’ll talk to my family,” she told Marie Claire in 2011. “I talk to Brad ... But I don’t know, I don’t have a lot of friends I talk to. He really is the only person I talk to.”"

Jolie has no female friends - absolutely certain sign of having the mental. NPD/BPD.

Yup.  Poor bastard Brad.  Someone should send him the DOSB threads from here and the place of which we do not speak

6 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Yup.  Poor bastard Brad.  Someone should send him the DOSB threads from here and the place of which we do not speak

Indeed. Is he on twatter (or did he "twat her"? :ph34r:) - we should send him a link. Funny how someone with pretty much infinite resources can (assumably) end up completely at a loss about something that is dramatically affecting their life.