• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Fucking Yanks

Just thought I'd have a go of the Yankee inflation calculator and the Bank of England one after noticing how much a B52 Bomber was in 1955 and adjusted for inflation.

Results.

U.S. Inflation Rate, 1955-2015 ($100) = 3.70% per year. Prices in 2015 are 784% higher than in 1955. $100 equivalent purchasing power now requiress $784.39 over 60 years.

BofE Inflation Rate, 1955-2016(£100) = 5.40% per year. Prices in 2015 are 2366% higher than  in 1955. £100 equivalent purchasing power now requires £2366.59 over 60 years.

That is the importance of the Dollar hedgemony, that is the effect of compounding, that is in part why the U.K. has been royally fucked over and why the U.S. military is so 'important' for the Yanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Dave Bloke
      One of the ideas being floated around at the moment to tackle the Gilets Jaunes crisis is an immediate hike in the NMW - say 20 to 30% but from TOS I remember the argument that it is a bit of a zero sum game and all this does is push up costs but with the added issue that NMW jobs would begin to pay something close to what I earn as a Senior SW developer, so why would I continue to take responsibility for what I do and not seek an easier NMW job.
      Any thoughts
    • By One percent
      Rail fairs are going up by over 3 percent.  Meanwhile wages are stagnating or dropping.  Are we close to the point when it is not longer viable to work?
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42234488
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40936050
      Season tickets to London are already above £5,000 from places such as Milton Keynes (£5,028 to London) and Portsmouth and Southsea in Hampshire (£5,048).
      When fares increase in January 2018, London commuters in Oxford, Colchester in Essex and Hastings in East Sussex are also set to join the club.
      Alistair Carter, from Bishop's Stortford in Hertfordshire, avoids the £5k commuter club - but only because he cycles the final leg to his Mayfair office.
      His wife Agatha is already a member - she pays £5,092 ever year, including Tube travel.
      "I have said to my boss that when my fare hits £5,000 I will be looking for a new job," says Alistair, a recruiter, whose ticket to London currently costs £4,094 a year.

• By man o' the year
      So yesterday the Fed raised rates and today although the BofE did not follow the vote changed unexpectedly from 7-0-1 to 5-0-3 pushing £ up and UK markets down.
      UK rates up next month?