• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Dodgy landlords killing people

This one has the lot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5595201/Owner-320-000-house-two-men-died-suspected-carbon-monoxide-leak-investigated-police.html

The owner of a £320,000 house where two men died in a suspected carbon monoxide leak is being investigated by police. 

The men, aged 38 and 42, were discovered dead at the address in Edgware, north-west London yesterday afternoon.

Five other people, including two young boys, were taken to hospital to be checked over as a precautionary measure.

Brightstone Law partner Rehka Chelvendra, 34, and her father Christy, 54, bought the four-bedroom property in 2011 and are believed to have rented the property out to Eastern Europeans. 

Father-of-three Mr Chelvendra purchased a number of properties-to-rent in north London, two of which are in the name of his daughters Priya and Rehka.   

The deadly leak on Sunday is suspected to have come from a faulty boiler.

The owner is also being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive, as well as Harrow Council for having an unlicensed house share.

I was very disappointed on the limited coverage about this on the news yesterday. Just a brief reference to it on Sky news. It should be right at the top of the list imo. People need to know what breaches are going on in the world of private renting: " I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going it take it anymore!!">:(

More resonating that the repetitive report on Boris calling a Labour politician a 'useful idiot' for example. Tory and Labour MPs don't get along - big deal! 9_9

3 hours ago, UmBongo said:

I was very disappointed on the limited coverage about this on the news yesterday. Just a brief reference to it on Sky news. It should be right at the top of the list imo. People need to know what breaches are going on in the world of private renting: " I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going it take it anymore!!">:(

More resonating that the repetitive report on Boris calling a Labour politician a 'useful idiot' for example. Tory and Labour MPs don't get along - big deal! 9_9

Lots of Beeb have BTL, I think. So what happened to Rehka Chelvendra could happen to them, they won't want to be highlighting this and what her responsibilities were too much.