• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Libspero

Night Owls

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

Woken by youngest one, needed changed and some more milk. Wouldn't drink his milk, wanted to play with a musical torch instead. Tired....

Our youngest keeps coughing himself awake.. so as of 10 minutes ago he’s now in our bed.

The coughing I can live with.  The foot in the ear not so much..

Who invented the socket wrench?

350px-First_socket_wrench.png

The ratcheting socket wrench, with interchangeable (indexable) sockets, was invented by an American, J.J. Richardson, of Woodstock, Vermont, USA. The tool was patented (Pat. No. 38,914) through the Scientific American Patent Agency on June 16, 1863.

18 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

I love sleep, I am not looking forward to having kids.

Everyone will tell you the good bits make the bad bits worthwhile..

Don’t listen!  They’re frickin lying to you dude!  Run away now while you still can! 

I’m joking

No,  really..  I’m not.  Just don’t do it!

:Geek::PissedOff::CryBaby:

5 hours ago, Libspero said:

Our youngest keeps coughing himself awake.. so as of 10 minutes ago he’s now in our bed.

The coughing I can live with.  The foot in the ear not so much..

W15099DB_03_1200_1200_Large-Foam-Wedge-Pillow.jpg&f=1

We use a foam wedge pillow (sleep with a a slightly raised head) so the phlegm doesn't accumulate , and a bag of Jakemans aniseed to ease the coughs and numb any tickle in the throat. Coughs and colds normally spread during the school holidays.

1 hour ago, ad_ceng said:

Seconded do not have kids and definately do not get married ;)

If you want kids and you're a man, go the way Cristiano Ronaldo did at first (before he started repeatedly impregnating his girlfriend) and pay someone to have them for you, then pay a nanny/housekeeper or better still like him pay your Mum if she's still strong and around and up for it.

In most cases this will end up cheaper and you will retain control of your lives and the early lives of your children.

1 hour ago, swissy_fit said:

If you want kids and you're a man, go the way Cristiano Ronaldo did at first (before he started repeatedly impregnating his girlfriend) and pay someone to have them for you, then pay a nanny/housekeeper or better still like him pay your Mum if she's still strong and around and up for it.

In most cases this will end up cheaper and you will retain control of your lives and the early lives of your children.

He paid his mum to have his kid? :o

18 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

He paid his mum to have his kid? :o

:D Not quite. He paid a woman to carry the child then the baby was brought up mainly by his Mum and family with paid help with visits from proud "Dad" or perhaps it would be better to describe him as the inseminator as his input must have been limited. Had two like this, I think.

But now he's pupping his girlfriend left and right, think she has two or three already, so has returned to the norm as far as the later kids are concerned.

Edited by swissy_fit

6 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

:D Not quite. He paid a woman to carry the child then the baby was brought up mainly by his Mum and family with paid help with visits from proud "Dad" or perhaps it would be better to describe him as the inseminator as his input must have been limited. Had two like this, I think.

But now he's pupping his girlfriend left and right, think she has two or three already, so has returned to the norm as far as the later kids are concerned.

I still think he's a homosexual and paying the model girlfriend a load of cash to pose as his loving S/O.

4 hours ago, Libspero said:

Don’t listen!  They’re frickin lying to you dude!  Run away now while you still can! 

I’m joking

George Orwell wrote that in one of his letters. If someone like him can say that in private correspondence I'm inclined to think it might be true. 

I also have a very unhappily married friend who says the only thing that makes it worthwhile is his two children. I think that's possibly why divorce is such a devastation for men, not because they split up with a woman they don't like, but because they lose custody of their children (which appears to be the norm in British divorces). 

Edited by Austin Allegro

4 hours ago, Libspero said:

I’m joking

It's not so bad. Or maybe I'm just remembering it through a nostalgic prism. I'm fairly sure that sleep deprivation interferes with long term memory creation, so you forget a lot of the exhausted misery.

Mine are 12 and 9 now, so haven't had to deal with anything more than very occasional interrupted sleep for years, and you see all their potential flourishing into rapidly developing skills and abilities. I think the sweet spot is almost over though. The older one is just starting to have little flashes of taciturn, sulky, resentful teenager.

3 hours ago, 201p said:

W15099DB_03_1200_1200_Large-Foam-Wedge-Pillow.jpg&f=1

We use a foam wedge pillow (sleep with a a slightly raised head) so the phlegm doesn't accumulate , and a bag of Jakemans aniseed to ease the coughs and numb any tickle in the throat. Coughs and colds normally spread during the school holidays.

To add make sure your head is far enough back, so your back is on the wedge.

I sleep on one every night anyway as it helps my asthma.

Edited by 201p

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Maybe but what would be the point of that? He'd get even more media attention if he declared himself gay or (IMO more likely) bi.

Well I doubt he would be able to play football professionally if it were known. In England maybe but they still make ape noises over in Spain.

9 hours ago, Libspero said:

Since the kids are sick and we seem to be up at all hours..  a thread dedicated to the night owls who have small children or otherwise find themselves unable to sleep.

I was awake at 5 the other morning. Woke up with allotment nonsense floating about in my brain. Took a cup of tea and a bit of internet before I was ready to go back to sleep.