• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Tweedle Dee and tweedle dumb our two favourite people on stage together

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-43660970

The Good Friday Agreement was a "work of genius" which helped to preserve the concept of democracy, former US president Bill Clinton has said. 

He was addressing a Belfast conference to mark the 20th anniversary of the 1998 deal, which helped to end 30 years of violence in Northern Ireland. 

Mr Clinton was taking part in a panel discussion with former British PM Tony Blair and former Irish PM Bertie Ahern.

Mr Blair said the 1998 deal took "real courage" by Northern Ireland parties.

He added that for "all its faults", the Good Friday Agreement was "worth doing and worth keeping".

me thinks it is all part of the anti brexit meme 

It's about the only useful thing Blair was credited with. I could have done that!:D

And I have a decent guitar, and knew some musicians once, and was cool, and my trousers fitted, and I had a motorbike.

Edited by MrPin

1 minute ago, One percent said:

The Good Friday Agreement was a "work of genius" which helped to preserve the concept of democracy, former US president Bill Clinton has said. 

He was addressing a Belfast conference to mark the 20th anniversary of the 1998 deal, which helped to end 30 years of violence in Northern Ireland. 

Mr Clinton was taking part in a panel discussion with former British PM Tony Blair and former Irish PM Bertie Ahern.

He added that for "all its faults", the Good Friday Agreement was "worth doing and worth keeping".

Great quote earlier was that it’s like celebrating a 20th wedding anniversary where the couple have stopped taking to each other 

I did vote for the agreement 20 years ago but the fudges used to make it and the blatant lies told ( by Blair) have prevented politics here keeping up with the changes in society, it may take a few more generations 

Just now, Malthus said:

Great quote earlier was that it’s like celebrating a 20th wedding anniversary where the couple have stopped taking to each other 

I did vote for the agreement 20 years ago but the fudges used to make it and the blatant lies told ( by Blair) have prevented politics here keeping up with the changes in society, it may take a few more generations 

Bliar by name, bliar by nature. 

Whats your take on why they had this little get together today? 

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It's about the only useful thing Blair was credited with. I could have done that!:D

And I have a decent guitar, and knew some musicians once, and was cool, and my trousers fitted, and I had a motorbike.

But Cherie?

Bent over, legs akimbo?

Could you? Would you?

2 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Youve just got wait for all active paras to die out. Then another generation to forget it.

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Bliar by name, bliar by nature. 

Whats your take on why they had this little get together today? 

There was a 10 year and 15 year celebration 

Think 20 years and the major players being retired have made it a bigger event 

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Youve just got wait for all active paras to die out. Then another generation to forget it.

Sectarian hate goes down the generations unfortunately 

1 minute ago, Malthus said:

There was a 10 year and 15 year celebration 

Think 20 years and the major players being retired have made it a bigger event 

Maybe thats strategy - give em benefits, let them drink themselves to death.

We still have a loyalist put in scarbs. Bloke turned up when loyalists fell out with each other.

Kareoke nights nights fun - spinning tge discs from 70s Ni - dirty crap - There lies the body. There lies the body, killed by the ira...

Hardly i will survive. 

Mrs spy walked by itt. Oh look - its says families really welcome. Shall we go in for a drink? No love, lets skip it....

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Maybe thats strategy - give em benefits, let them drink themselves to death.

We still have a loyalist put in scarbs. Bloke turned up when loyalists fell out with each other.

Kareoke nights nights fun - spinning tge discs from 70s Ni - dirty crap - There lies the body. There lies the body, killed by the ira...

Hardly i will survive. 

Mrs spy walked by itt. Oh look - its says families really welcome. Shall we go in for a drink? No love, lets skip it....

Which one? 

14 hours ago, One percent said:

Have the decades of violence in the rest of Britain been forgotten in connection with the 20th Anniversary.  It doesn't even rate a mention?  

Yes the Agreement was good at least symbolically but I think agreement was mainly possible due to the recognition that Britain had lost a lot of decision making power due to the increasing influence of Brussels/eu.  There wasn't much point in attacking Britain when Brussels was making the decisions and no doubt looked more favourably on the claims.  The eu was also generally perceived a lot differently in those days. 

In that connection Blair just happened to be the leader at the time.  If Major had won the 1997 general election (despite all his apparent efforts to throw it) then he would most likely have got what credit there was to go around as there had been talks during his time.

I'm sure there's an anti Brexit meme there.

They didn't even mention how crazy it is that Britain got rid of one sort of terrorist violence only to find it replaced by another form of terrorist violence.

Edited by twocents

I was outside this after the talk, hoping to get a glimpse of Clinton, he however left in a blacked out car and all anyone saw was a bit of his hand as he waved. Nobody saw Blair leave, total secrecy there.

Meanwhile the others like Bertie Ahern and Senator Mitchell, David Trimble, Seamus Mallon, Gerry Adams....all pottered about outside with the plebs like normal people.

Clinton and Blair must live their lives aware that they are targets, 24/7....an odd life to live.

It was quite a sight to see all these folk in one place, as I remember them being on the news all the time as I grew up.

NI is much better than it was, but part of me wonders what would happen if the EU and UK state handouts stopped. I think there are 'deprived' communities getting fortunes thrown at them, and I think they could return to their feral behavior if the EU and/or UK ever ran out of money to throw at them.

Edited by JoeDavola

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

I was outside this after the talk, hoping to get a glimpse of Clinton, he however left in a blacked out car and all anyone saw was a bit of his hand as he waved. Nobody saw Blair leave, total secrecy there.

Meanwhile the others like Bertie Ahern and Senator Mitchell, David Trimble, Seamus Mallon, Gerry Adams....all pottered about outside with the plebs like normal people.

Clinton and Blair must live their lives aware that they are targets, 24/7....an odd life to live.

It was quite a sight to see all these folk in one place, as I remember them being on the news all the time as I grew up.

NI is much better than it was, but part of me wonders what would happen if the EU and UK state handouts stopped. I think there are 'deprived' communities getting fortunes thrown at them, and I think they could return to their feral behavior if the EU and/or UK ever ran out of money to throw at them.

Theyve 'fixed' the violence but the fix has destroyed the local economy.

Like the NE but much much worse - loads of public sector make work crowding out and economic self-supporting useful endeavour.

As far as Clinton and the his security - thats the merkins for you. Even Jimmy Carter gets the same treatment - even the Iranian like Jimmy! The muzzers dont have a clue who the fuck he is.

Blair?

Fuckim. Let him have a bus pass and a thick woolly jumper for protection. Cunt.

20 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Theyve 'fixed' the violence but the fix has destroyed the local economy.

Like the NE but much much worse - loads of public sector make work crowding out and economic self-supporting useful endeavour.

Even the private sector work is often funded by massive state grants - search for "Invest NI" and the fortunes of tax payers money they've paid out over the years.

I honestly think that without public money NI would collapse far faster and to a greater extent than the rest of the UK.

4 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Even the private sector work is often funded by massive state grants - search for "Invest NI" and the fortunes of tax payers money they've paid out over the years.

I honestly think that without public money NI would collapse far faster and to a greater extent than the rest of the UK.

Ive a new NE company that Imm following with my 'How the fuck does that make a profit/trade' hat on.

Ill not tell you, just in case Ive got it wrong.

Big new offices. Young dynamic CEO. Doing 'digital' Loads of employees, looking to recruit '100s more'.

My guess its a massive con, backed with regional grant aid.

Fucks me off. Just lower fucking taxes for all companies operating there instead of the hand picked by Councillor ones.

Before it wen all wrong in Ireland (South) they could not afford to merge with the North.

Now, the Souths finances are horrendous and theres an even more gormless attempt at sorting it out by importing loads of migrants, the SOuth cannot even afford to think about taking o nthe North.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Ive a new NE company that Imm following with my 'How the fuck does that make a profit/trade' hat on.

Ill not tell you, just in case Ive got it wrong.

Big new offices. Young dynamic CEO. Doing 'digital' Loads of employees, looking to recruit '100s more'.

My guess its a massive con, backed with regional grant aid.

Fucks me off. Just lower fucking taxes for all companies operating there instead of the hand picked by Councillor ones.

Before it wen all wrong in Ireland (South) they could not afford to merge with the North.

Now, the Souths finances are horrendous and theres an even more gormless attempt at sorting it out by importing loads of migrants, the SOuth cannot even afford to think about taking o nthe North.

Just one?