• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

You must be fucking joking

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5602577/Elderly-residents-upset-receiving-letter-Theresa-May.html

An elderly couple have been left upset by a rude letter sent from Treason May and the Conservative Party. 

Their neighbour Laura McCormack shared the message on Twitter after it was received by pair last month.

The note began: 'Dear Mr Youmustbe F***ingjoking' before asking the couple for money to help an upcoming campaign. 

It was signed off from the Prime Minister Treason May. 

xD

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5602577/Elderly-residents-upset-receiving-letter-Theresa-May.html

An elderly couple have been left upset by a rude letter sent from Treason May and the Conservative Party. 

Their neighbour Laura McCormack shared the message on Twitter after it was received by pair last month.

The note began: 'Dear Mr Youmustbe F***ingjoking' before asking the couple for money to help an upcoming campaign. 

It was signed off from the Prime Minister Treason May. 

xD

And that's what happens when you type shit into a form and they use that data to send you a letter.

Years ago I ended up on the electoral register twice by mistake. I informed the Great Authorities about it.

In due course I receieved two election missals from the Libdems, addressed to Mr Renting, and Mr Renting (ERROR). *

*Mr Renting isn't my real name of course. It's Mr Fuckingjoking.

I was on a an adminsitration for one of those carpet / furniture firms that go pop from time to time.

There was a recorded message line where people would leave their details and we would mail them a claims form (this was '89, no interwebby).

As it was an incredibly dull job we were all slightly cheereed by mailing one to a Mr B Smith, 18 Garage Drive, OhactuallyleaveitIreallycantbebothered.

10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I was on a an adminsitration for one of those carpet / furniture firms that go pop from time to time.

There was a recorded message line where people would leave their details and we would mail them a claims form (this was '89, no interwebby).

As it was an incredibly dull job we were all slightly cheereed by mailing one to a Mr B Smith, 18 Garage Drive, OhactuallyleaveitIreallycantbebothered.

I would imagine i'm on CarpetShites database as Mr Utterpaininthearse Dorset.

An old Monty Python sketch, "How Not to Be Seen",  involved blowing up people supposedly hiding behind bushes in scrubland.

One was 'Mrs. B J Smegma, of 13, the Crescent, Belmont'.

There actually is a 13, the Crescent, Belmont, in Sutton, Surrey.

I wondered if the occupants ever got strangely addressed mail.

Warning: Monty Python does not get better with age.

Edited by Happy Renting

2 minutes ago, shindigger said:

I would imagine i'm on CarpetShites database as Mr Utterpaininthearse Dorset.

There was some bloke from oop north who because his daughter had put a deposit on a sofa said if it wasn't delivered he would be driving his car through the store's front window and taking it away on the Saturday morning.  He was rather exasperated by my dutifully noting it down without being remotely interested or bothered, "through the shop window, yes, got that".

Whilst it predated him by many years this would have been the sort of chap:

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

There was some bloke from oop north who because his daughter had put a deposit on a sofa said if it wasn't delivered he would be driving his car through the store's front window and taking it away on the Saturday morning.  He was rather exasperated by my dutifully noting it down without being remotely interested or bothered, "through the shop window, yes, got that".

The sort that war takes away.

Mailing lists can be dangerous things.

We used to mail out a Christmas quiz to prospective clients - it was very popular as it was quite cryptic and normally needed a team effort to solve it.

We addressed it to 'The Brains of the Outift' at whatever company.

My secretary received an extremely irate call and spent 10 minutes apologising.

In hindsight, we probably shouldn't have sent it to the local Mental Institution.

3 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Mailing lists can be dangerous things.

I use emails relating to what I've signed up for.

So 
tinpotmadmanwebsiteaboutcheese@mydomainname.com

or

givemefreeseedsportugualwebsite@mydomainname.com

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I use emails relating to what I've signed up for.

So 
tinpotmadmanwebsiteaboutcheese@mydomainname.com

or

givemefreeseedsportugualwebsite@mydomainname.com

So do I. Let's you see which bastards are selling your name on.

Inappropriate personnal email addresses on job applications are always a laugh 

not sure that hotmama or buckylover emails would help to get a job 

ps made up examples that are similar to ones I’ve seen used 

Most likely the  '... Youmustbe F***ingjoking' bit was inserted by a wag (probably young?) as a mickey take on the letter after reading the letter and its grandiose,  deluded and boastful claims along with all the self praise with typical policies that look like they benefit say first time buyers but are well known for being anti young people's interests - such as removing stamp duty which effectively just results in house prices being boosted.  Along with pretending not to be high borrowing etc.

Just reading the first sentence would put many people's backs up - even Conservative voters as well as those just maybe considering voting for them.

..our Conservative Government is building a country fit for the future.

Don't make me laugh.  The other main parties are no better of course.

I doubt if  'Dear Mr Youmustbe F***ingjoking' of Scotland were the only  'Mr Youmustbe F***ingjoking' to get the letter but most people wouldn't probably notice before it went in the bin.

Edited by twocents

Can the Tory party be truly sure that they've got consent from Mr FuckingJoking under GDPR? 

How is this situation actually covered under this law?  I mean, they can't actually have consent from a person that doesn't exist.  Yet Mr FuckingJoking is the one that has entered these people's email addresses into the system and ticked the 'please hassle me forever' box.

Indeed the self praise contents etc were rude as well as the made up name.

Labour supporters would likely say the insults directed towards Labour are grossly offensive - and they weren't even joking insults.  As would Brexit supporters with her claim of a good Brexit deal for citizens.

Edited by twocents

34 minutes ago, dgul said:

Can the Tory party be truly sure that they've got consent from Mr FuckingJoking under GDPR? 

How is this situation actually covered under this law?  I mean, they can't actually have consent from a person that doesn't exist.  Yet Mr FuckingJoking is the one that has entered these people's email addresses into the system and ticked the 'please hassle me forever' box.

GDPR will make them have a record of where and how that consent was given. Presumably if online then a IP address and form was recorded.

47 minutes ago, dgul said:

I’m hoping that with GDPR I can get myself removed from all databases related to HMRC <crosses fingers>.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Did we ever find out why Mr Pickering felt that some random person a scooter should have known who he was.

8 minutes ago, gilf said:

Did we ever find out why Mr Pickering felt that some random person a scooter should have known who he was.

From memory he was an amateur boxer who was well known in his local boozer and in his mind he had extrapolated this to being famous throughout ?Hull.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

GDPR will make them have a record of where and how that consent was given. Presumably if online then a IP address and form was recorded.

Funny word, presumably.

Just now, Hopeful said:

Couldn't think of a mpre appropriate place

Stephen Lawrence Day to be held annually

Oh Theresa,

Jesus wept might be a good response.  What are our beloved leaders thinking?  Perhaps we should have one for each of those who have been stabbed on Londonistan this year.  Is it 59 now?  That's over one a week.  I think I need to invest in tealights.