• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Wedding invite

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43714329

Among the 1,200 members of the public who will be allowed into the grounds of Windsor Castle on 19 May will be a 12-year-old girl injured in the Manchester Arena attack.

Amelia Thompson, from Dronfield Woodhouse, near Sheffield, was left traumatised after witnessing the bomb blow up after the Ariana Grande concert in May 2017. She also damaged her vocal cords from screaming in horror.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have not invited Treason May or Jeremy Steptoe to their wedding. President Donald Trump will not be invited.

Barack and Michelle Obama, who are friends of the prince, have not been invited.

Whilst it was highly unlikely / near impossible that I would get one it would have been also very embarrassing if I did because I would have had to come up with some excuse not to go.  I won't say that I can't think of anything worse, because I can, but it would be awful.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Whilst it was highly unlikely / near impossible that I would get one it would have been also very embarrassing if I did because I would have had to come up with some excuse not to go.  I won't say that I can't think of anything worse, because I can, but it would be awful.

A story is told of the late Peter Cook when he was invited by Sir David Frost to attend a dinner party with Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York. 

He told Frosty to hang on a minute and the sound of Cook rustling through some pages was heard. He came back to the phone and said 'I've checked my diary but unfortunately I appear to be watching television that evening'. 

1 hour ago, mooncat69 said:

Yep, just some of us are more "in it" than others it seems. For now...

Do they think they can just go about as normal without somebody doing something just to stop them ignoring the grim reality of what they have overseen?

I know a local person who has an invite to the next royal wedding. Honestly I couldn’t get away from listening to the gushing, appreciating  and excitement mode quick enough!

If I’d been sent an invite to the pleb pen for the royal wedding, most unlikely though for me, I would have responded with a refusal. 

If anyone accepts something like a royal wedding pleb pen invite I’ll avoid them further. Maybe I’m just a bitter, old , grumpy and cynical twat hese days?

Edited by Economic Exile

2 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I know a local person who has an invite to the next royal wedding. Honestly I couldn’t get away from listening to the gushing, appreciating  and excitement mode quick enough!

If I’d been sent an invite to the pleb pen for the royal wedding, most unlikely though for me, I would have responded with a refusal. 

If anyone accepts something like a royal wedding pleb pen invite I’ll avoid them further. Maybe I’m just a bitter, old , grumpy and cynical twat hese days?

I do wonder how you (in the general) would get on the list.  Are names drawn out of a hat? 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I do wonder how you (in the general) would get on the list.  Are names drawn out of a hat? 

I think there's a possible honours shortlist of councillors, charity workers, Britain in Bloom participants and invitees are selected therefrom.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I think there's a possible honours shortlist of councillors, charity workers, Britain in Bloom participants and invitees are selected therefrom.

And Admirals, although I feel my business might be more at sea, if I had a boat.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ah so the great and the good/local busybodies, depending on perspective. 

Thats me out then. :CryBaby: xD

1 minute ago, One percent said:

The person I know has done a lot of local charity work.......government funded stuff in spare time nothing from grass roots!

About 30ish perhaps mid thirties. Day job is a Tesco till operator. Nothing exceptional at all about the person IMO. Nice enough but very very ordinary from my perspective

I’ve no idea though how plebs get invited. 

14 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

The person I know has done a lot of local charity work.......government funded stuff in spare time nothing from grass roots!

About 30ish perhaps mid thirties. Day job is a Tesco till operator. Nothing exceptional at all about the person IMO. Nice enough but very very ordinary from my perspective

I’ve no idea though how plebs get invited. 

Got on the radar through charity work as @Frank Hovis suggests?  

23 minutes ago, One percent said:

Got on the radar through charity work as @Frank Hovis suggests?  

Could be that.

Still can’t really understand why the person’s thrilled about being invited to the pleb pen at the next royal wedding.

Ego, narcissism, perceived social mobility, something to look forward to....who knows?

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Could be that.

Still can’t really understand why the person’s thrilled about being invited to the pleb pen at the next royal wedding.

Ego, narcissism, perceived social mobility, something to look forward to....who knows?

Something that she thinks impresses others?  

Look at me, look at me, LOOK AT MEEEEE?

i could not imagine anything worse. 

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

Something that she thinks impresses others?  

Look at me, look at me, LOOK AT MEEEEE?

i could not imagine anything worse. 

Could be that it’s something to impress others with?

This person I know is not a chad or a c*ck carousel woman though Most likely has not had any or few sexual experiences IMO. An unflamboyant person overall. Not had a charmed life at all IMO. Pretty crap life really from my perspective and my life hasn’t been a bed of roses but better than their’s. As for the persons charity work well IMO.....9_9

Perhaps for them it’s an anticipation of an experience that will make their life better? Something to talk about!  Dunno really but the gushing about it is off putting for me. Everyone to there own path etc.

Like you I don’t need or want to be in the limelight.

One of small Hartman's teachers has got an invite. The school is abuzz.

Buggered if I know how but they must vet them first surely. I mean it wouldn't do for Rab C. Nesbitt to turn up with his four-pack of Fosters and his arse hanging out of his strides. Now would it?

Be bloody hilarious though.

^^^

I surmise that sending out royal wedding invitations to be in a pleb pen is just another way of throwing some scraps to the population. Keep us appeased sort of stuff? LOL...I’m pretty sure my cynicism regarding this matter is widespread.

I’m not impressed hearing about invitations from a variety of sources and if I did get an invite, most unlikely!, I’d send a refusal note.

I have few criticisms about the current head of the royal family because she has kept her mouth shut about controversy and played her role. I’m not a fan of royalty but the queen has been extremely canny by keeping her distance from the plebs.

When she dies I expect more publicity about the role of the royal family. What is the purpose of it?

Charles, William, Harry and their partners do not have the ability, IMO, to play the role and keep away from controversy. Personally I find them to be out of touch and similar to “celebrities” but, for now, higher up in the pecking order. All too keen to have their say and get involved in controversial issues....and try to sell themselves as ordinary!

We’ll see as time passes how it pans out for the “royals”